• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why do we think animals are cleaner than people?

Vieope

Monochromatic Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If a dog licks your arm, you dont think about it too much but if someone drools in it, you would probably go insane. That is true to all human things, feces, urine, vomit and a corpse. Somehow we think that if it came from a human, it is more disgusting. Why?

That's an easy one........the mouth of a typical dog is full of bacteria, it's species specific. If a dog were to lick you, most of the germs wouldn't transfer. You're more likely to get a serious illness from kissing a person than kissing a dog.

Do you think it is a rational decision or an instinct?

Dogs and other animals have certain bacteria in their mouth that actually is conducive to fighting bacteria much like our mouths have but better since they evolved to lick their wounds to help heal them and we invented medicines to heal ours cause must of us can't lick our elbows if they get scrapped....why do you think dogs and cats lick themselves all the time instead of putting on their shower caps and hopping into a bathtub????

Do you think it is a rational decision or an instinct?
It's likely insticntual for us to fear "cooties" from other people because we've gone through things in our evolution like the Plague and Lepersy...

i think it's instinct. i was bitten by a human once and the next morning it was infected. i've also been bitten by a number of animals with no resulting infection. :shrug:

i think it's instinct. i was bitten by a human once and the next morning it was infected. i've also been bitten by a number of animals with no resulting infection. :shrug:

Continue.

IML Gear Cream!
Dogs and other animals have certain bacteria in their mouth that actually is conducive to fighting bacteria much like our mouths have but better since they evolved to lick their wounds to help heal them and we invented medicines to heal ours cause must of us can't lick our elbows if they get scrapped....why do you think dogs and cats lick themselves all the time instead of putting on their shower caps and hopping into a bathtub????

It cant be instinct or we would be disgusted by it all the time and that is not true because people kiss. I guess it is more a cultural thing.

I didnt know a dog could do that.

It cant be instinct or we would be disgusted by it all the time and that is not true because people kiss. I guess it is more a cultural thing.

I didnt know a dog could do that.

Kissing a people is sexy ... kissing a dog is not sexy.

A dog licking itself is normal ... a people licking itself is not normal. I don't like dogs licking me. Hate it. I feel an uncontrolable compulsion to run to the nearest sink and scrub. I'm less bothered by people saliva than animal saliva. Dogs can do what most people cannot ... well, excluding Ron Jerremy anyway.

BTW drool from any source including my own face is not something I will allow to touch my bod. Unless it's part of sex ... in which case Imma freak and anything injcluding but not limited to licking, drooling, chewing, or whatever is open except skat. If you don't know what skat is don't ask me ... google it ... but it goes with the original subject of the thread and is disgusting :finger:.

why do you think dogs and cats lick themselves all the time instead of putting on their shower caps and hopping into a bathtub
Cuz they didn't evolve prehensle thumbs or civil engineering
ne_nau.gif

Back