• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Juniors and supplements

calamity528

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm a keen sports person who is physcily active in sport. I've recently started going to the gym and i'm on a low weight high rep porgamme. I often looked at improving diet etc: to help with health and improved sports results.
What I would like to do with my start at the gym is to build muscle and muscle definition. And was hoping if any one out there colud give me advice by anwsering a coulpe of questions.
1. Would it be worth considering supplements such as creatine or protein poder to help get mproved results. ( note i'm 17)
2. If I consumed 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight would I get same results if I consumed only half that amount of protein but took supplements
3. Are there any jnr athletes (u18) who have used supplements who colud give some advice.

Any information or experiance you colud share would be appreciated.

Note: I'm interested in supplements not steriods. I would never take steriods as I don't believe in them and from what I know thy're banned in sports I particpate in

I guess then you are in the wrong room.. post under Supplements! by the way I would like to hear what people say to you as I share same concerns!

Originally posted by calamity528
1. Would it be worth considering supplements such as creatine or protein poder to help get mproved results. ( note i'm 17)
I think that you would be fine using whey protein powder and some creatine, providing that your diet is order.

2. If I consumed 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight would I get same results if I consumed only half that amount of protein but took supplements?
Not exactly sure what you mean by this...but there is no supplement for protein, you can get some of the protein from whey powder (a supplement), but you still need adequate protein regardless of what supplements you use.

3. Are there any jnr athletes (u18) who have used supplements who colud give some advice.
Sorry, I am too old for that question!

I would take a protien powder and creatine. I have been taking them forever without any problem. Note don't be fooled by the people at GNC or any store there products are ok but not the best. Look through all the posts for some the bes supplements. another thing don't take pro-hormoans they are a waste of money for people under 21 and the could mess you up.

every bodies advice is solid, and Prince is OLD.one key thing.''Make Sure You Have A Good Idea On What To Eat And What Not To Eat.''check out a few of the threads in the diet and nutrition forum for more info.for now as far as supps, try creatine and whey and a multi vit.Bigss75 said to, no need for pro-hormones. drink pleny of water, get plenty of sleep, eat smart, train smart.Prince is old,:evil: :evil: hey i can laugh, i'm old to.

Last edited:
Most supplements are exectly that, a supplement to your normal diet. You generally get everything a supplement gives in your normal diet but perhaps not in the quantities us as Athlete's would like, this is why we take supp's.

Supplements such as Creatine, Glut, Multi Vits, Whey are all fine for teens/juniors. ANYTHING which increases testosterone is a waste of money even down to ZMA (which for alot of people is a waste anyway!) The ONLY other mainstream supplement to stear away from are ECA's or any thermo, with proper training and diet these are not need (generally) at a young age, nor are they recommended.

Animal

Originally posted by calamity528

I???m 16. I play few sport for my school including football, and just about everybody on the football team takes some kind of supplements (Protein powder, Glutamine, Creatine etc.). Personally the supplements I???m currently taking are (Protein powder, Multi-vitamins, Glutamine and Creatine). I have seen improvements by taking those supplements ( but u have to put your diet in order if u want to see optimum results). I would say a good multi-vitamins is a must then some kind of Protein powder not just whey. Glutamine, I have definitely gotten results from this supplements, after I started taking more than 5g a day few weeks ago, I find my recovery time is a lot faster. And creatine well is not so bad, do some research on it, u chose if u want or don???t want to use it. I definitely use it, but I have noticed with some of my team mates when they stop taking creatine their lifts go down. For me it works, but I don???t see it as a must.

Get some good eating habits before you automatically shoot for the supps. Then use the protein powder and creatine. Just don't rely on them totally.

When I was 18 I decided to eat right and with in a month I gained 15 lean lbs. This doesn't mean you will but it does show what diet alone can do.

IML Gear Cream!
I know this is an old post, but Id just like to add my opinion

Originally posted by Fade99
Get some good eating habits before you automatically shoot for the supps. Then use the protein powder and creatine. Just don't rely on them totally.

When I was 18 I decided to eat right and with in a month I gained 15 lean lbs. This doesn't mean you will but it does show what diet alone can do.

I agree totally with Fade. On other boards I say the same thing as Ill say here, eat real food! Im just coming off a track season, so my weight dropped a lot, im at 117 and will be at 130 by indoor track season. My BF% is kinda high at about 12%. When I eat, I have a PCF ration of about 30/60/10 ( I know fat is to low) with about 180-200 grams of protein a day. Now that is more than enough for me, and more than enough for a lot of athletes and weightlifters 18 and younger. And that all came from real food, I dont take any supplements or pre made shakes or what not. So on the protein issue, I dont think you really need whey powder until you get to be a real big mofo (say 180 pounds and up lean), so why spend the money on it?

Proper amounts of protein in the diet, will create a positive nitrogen balance in the body. When this happens, the muscles in the body will pull in more protein than they release, hence muscle building can take place instead of just breaking them down, and/or breaking even. You can build some muscle on a normal persons diet, but you will reach a plateu eventually, and not be able to go past that point. Protein helps make muscle, whats in meat? Protein, and of course some fat/water.

Other supplements would be worthless if you dont have the basic building blocks, so watch the diet first thats most important. Other than that I'd add a multivitamin at the minimum, if you want to get fancy some time release anti-oxidants, time release C for instance I take an hour or so before my workouts.

Stick to the basics, avoid the marketing hype in magazines.

Back