• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Uthinkso's Journal:The Journey Back to Health and Fitness

Uthinkso

Go on....DO IT!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Did my favorite yesterday back and biceps with some cardio.

My conclusion, I'm a total weakling and have no stamina what-so-ever.

My motivation lantern is burning overtime....

stay strong brother, just keep pushing. Once you get past these next two weeks, you'll be hooked.

stay strong brother, just keep pushing. Once you get past these next two weeks, you'll be hooked.

I keep telling myself the same thing. Between diet and being back in the gym its the first two weeks that you really need to develop a pattern.

Oh man did back and biceps yesterday. I have that can't straighten arms all the way thing going on. Haven't felt sore in these places in a long time.

Can a mod move this to the journal section please, Thanks :)

moved to journals for ya.

do you want me to change the name to something like "Uthinkso's Journal"??

moved to journals for ya.

do you want me to change the name to something like "Uthinkso's Journal"??

That would be great, thanks funk.

So, what are your goals? What type of workout are you going to do? How often will you work out? What does your diet look like? What level of experience do you have?

If you want to succeed, you're going to have to answer all of these questions, and more! :)

If you want to succeed, you're going to have to answer all of these questions, and more! :)

Because if you don't, DOMS will say mean, nasty things about you. :lol:

Good luck getting back in the game. :thumb:

So, what are your goals? What type of workout are you going to do? How often will you work out? What does your diet look like? What level of experience do you have?

Well I can't handle nasty things being said so I better start talking.........

Goal is to lose 55lb of body fat. My goal is to be at 200lb but at closer to 10%BMI where as now I am at 32%BMI.

I train on Tuesday, Thruday, Firday, and Sunday.

Using a combinatiion of weights and cardio.

Body groups are together as follows

Day 1
Legs, shoulders, abs
Day2
back and bi's
Day3
chest and tris
day 4
repeat of day 1

all days have a 20-30 minute cardio session.

In the past I have eaten anything I wanted and whenver. No diet control.

So now I am cutting out all of the fast food and other junk. Eating every 2-3 hours, and eatching carbs especially past 7pm. Trying to hit around 2000-2500 calories a day for 6-7 meals.

In 2000 I weighed 173lb, 7%BMI and ran 5 miles a day six days a week. Experience is there, I just got married lazy, and theres no excuses.

I don't know how experienced you are, so if I say anything that you already know or that's obvious, please take no offense. :)

I train on Tuesday, Thruday, Firday, and Sunday.

Just a tip, but think of your workout days as day 1, day 2, etc. Don't try to tie your workouts to days of the week. Inevitably, you're going to miss a day. If that happens, don't skip a day, simply wait until your next workout day then do the workout that you missed.

Body groups are together as follows

Day 1
Legs, shoulders, abs
Day2
back and bi's
Day3
chest and tris
day 4
repeat of day 1

Do you really plan to do legs and shoulders twice a week? Or is this really a three day split? It appears that you've decided to do a body part split and not a push/pull/legs routine. Is there a reason for this? I'm not saying that a body part split isn't the thing to do (Heh, I do it), but have you chosen to do it, or are you not aware of the push/pull/legs split?

all days have a 20-30 minute cardio session.

What type of cardio are you going to do? Because you really shouldn't run before a leg day (you'll end up cheating yourself out of a good leg workout).

In the past I have eaten anything I wanted and whenver. No diet control.
Good Lord, I've never done that. ;)

So now I am cutting out all of the fast food and other junk. Eating every 2-3 hours, and eatching carbs especially past 7pm. Trying to hit around 2000-2500 calories a day for 6-7 meals.

Don't try to do too much, too soon. Take it slow and easy. But yeah, cutting fast food out of your diet is a great place to start. About the "no carbs after 7PM" thing, go read the stickies Diet & Nutrition. Make sure you don't fall for any dieting myths.

In 2000 I weighed 173lb, 7%BMI and ran 5 miles a day six days a week. Experience is there, I just got married lazy, and theres no excuses.

How much to you weigh now? What body type are you?

So, you lured your wife in with a hot bod and let it go to shit? :D

I don't know how experienced you are, so if I say anything that you already know or that's obvious, please take no offense. :)

Just a tip, but think of your workout days as day 1, day 2, etc. Don't try to tie your workouts to days of the week. Inevitably, you're going to miss a day. If that happens, don't skip a day, simply wait until your next workout day then do the workout that you missed.

Do you really plan to do legs and shoulders twice a week? Or is this really a three day split? It appears that you've decided to do a body part split and not a push/pull/legs routine. Is there a reason for this? I'm not saying that a body part split isn't the thing to do (Heh, I do it), but have you chosen to do it, or are you not aware of the push/pull/legs split?

What type of cardio are you going to do? Because you really shouldn't run before a leg day (you'll end up cheating yourself out of a good leg workout).

Good Lord, I've never done that. ;)

Don't try to do too much, too soon. Take it slow and easy. But yeah, cutting fast food out of your diet is a great place to start. About the "no carbs after 7PM" thing, go read the stickies Diet & Nutrition. Make sure you don't fall for any dieting myths.

How much to you weigh now? What body type are you?

So, you lured your wife in with a hot bod and let it go to shit? :D

Thats how I think of my days for sure. Not going to cry over a missed day in the schedule just make it up. Glad to see I'm not the only oen that thinks this way.

Three day split is the way I have always worked out. No idea about this pulling thing.

Cardio goes between stepper, bike and treadmill. I do my cardio at the end of the workout before I leave.

My body type I would say FAT, I'm 6' 255lb. My gallery pic is me 30lbs ago at 225lb.

Yes lured the wife in and then after the hook was set I sat down at Taco Bell and ordered everything on the menu and a the keg of beer from the corner store to wash it down. Just I forgot to get up from the glutton fest until now.

This is what I mean by body type.

If you haven't heard of push/pull/split, then I suggest you read the stickies at the top of the training forum.

"Yes lured the wife in and then after the hook was set I sat down at Taco Bell and ordered everything on the menu and a the keg of beer from the corner store to wash it down. Just I forgot to get up from the glutton fest until now."

Remind me never to marry you. :)

lawl, DOMS, have you read all the descriptions on that site? Some of them are strange...and funny.

"The extreme ectomorph may have long fingers, toes and neck are long. A pencil neck you could say. The features of the face are sharp, and the shape of the face is triangular. The lower jaw is somewhat receding. The skin tends to burn easily."

lawl, DOMS, have you read all the descriptions on that site? Some of them are strange...and funny.

"The extreme ectomorph may have long fingers, toes and neck are long. A pencil neck you could say. The features of the face are sharp, and the shape of the face is triangular. The lower jaw is somewhat receding. The skin tends to burn easily."

It does sound funny, but pretty spot on.

what site? There can't be inside comments in my own journal. I haven't read the above link yet because I'm still at work. So if its about that I'll catch it later.

This is what I mean by body type.

If you haven't heard of push/pull/split, then I suggest you read the stickies at the top of the training forum.

"Yes lured the wife in and then after the hook was set I sat down at Taco Bell and ordered everything on the menu and a the keg of beer from the corner store to wash it down. Just I forgot to get up from the glutton fest until now."

Remind me never to marry you. :)

I'm an endo for sure. as I said check out the gallery pic and that was 30lbs ago.

No training today, came home and made some breaded chicken breast and corn. Pretty simple and tasty, I have to say most of all I miss taco bell. I need to try and find some healthy mexican recipes to remedy my cravings in a good way.

IML Gear Cream!
Getting a bit frustrated trying to learn more about nutrition and how to eat clean. Foods I thought were good are not, and such. Its becoming frustrating, man the weights are going to feel my wrath later. I have some good frustration to get rid of. Chest and tris today too.

It can be overwhelming a bit confusing at first, but once get get a basic understanding of nutrition and what to eat, it is really easy. Just keep at it, good luck. Just keep learning and improving.

Ok HUGE DAY. I weighed myself at the gym the day I walked through which was Sunday 1-7 and on their scale I weighed 257lb. I hung my head as I walked away from that scale, but vowed that I'd be back. So today 1-11 I weigh myself before my workout and I'm 249lb. It was so cool I set the big weight to 250lb like I always do, but it didn't register. Its a small milestone, but a great one. 200lb is eventual goal so I get to watch the slider work from 49 down to 0. A real life graduate I can see right in front of me.

Most importantly, is it bad to lose that much that fast. Between working out and my diet change I'm sure my system is just in a shock and dumping weight fast initially but I'm sure it will taper.

Then finally I get to working out chest and tris today. Getting a good deel for the gym, and doing declines I got a feeling I hadn't fealt in a long time. That 180lb gym rat that used to reside in my now grotesque 249lb frame came out. I was having fun at the gym and really got in the zone. My tris got a great pump and fealt like bricks. It burned to straighten my arms and I knew I had muscles again and I could feel them. The race is far from over, but it was a good day.

Legs and shoulders tommorrow. Look out squat rack. Now the hard part is going to be staying the course and holding myself back. I need to remind myself that I'm not 21 anymore and that I don't want to get hurt and derail this process.

Legs and shoulder today, big achievment is that I actually was able to complete a full twenty minutes of cardio on the bike. I know its not an earth shattering performance, but it is for me.

Good week time to rest tommorrow and hit it again tuesday.

congrats!

That's more than I've ever done. :thumb:

Yeah doing long duration low intensity cardio to burn the pounds not really training the cardio at this point. What to work up to 30 minute and keeping the heart rate around 130-140BPM is happy land for me.

Time to get angry now. I went out to eat for breakfast and had one I swear just one meal where I cheated. Went to the scale today and I am at 253lb, put weight on. Now I'm telling myself that its the cheating breakfast but I know it is probably my body trapping water and a little muscle that may have piled on. The first month is going to be all over and I need to tell myself that. This diet and workout plan are proven and work, I just need to get through the tough start here.

Confidence unwavered.

Ok so chest and tris ws last night (tuesday), wighed myself at 247lb so the weight loss maintained over the weekend. That was good, guess my scale on home has been smokin the left handed cigarettes.

I've learned that I have plenty of nerve in the gym, I 've known some to get intimidated but not me. I'll grab my bench around all the big lads and go grab my sissy 45's and proceed with the dumbell press. Its what I feel good doing, I have good form, and I'm in my second week back in four years. If somebody has a problem with it, bite me. At least that my attitude towards it.

I'm struggling however to get myself over the mental hurdle that free weights are where I do my best work. I keep wandering over to the cable machines and I know I'm still getting a work out, but I'm using them as a crutch. By far chest and tris is my toughest day, I feel very scattered and run out of steam easily. I'm at the point where I'm tired and don't feel even the slightest pump. Chest on the other hand started out well with dumbell presses and then I went into the Iso decline chest press which was good but fealt incomplete. I didn't like the range it had. So I think its time to pretend like I'm in the main yard at Folsom, all I have is free weights and I best use them.

Legs and shoulders thursday, I love that day.

Was with my daughter today, wife had to work late and I missed on work out today. Though I still got seven meals in.

I'm going tommorrow and sunday so I'll get all my days in.

Back