• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How to do an Intramuscular Injection or IM injection

BigDyl

Elite Kiki
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been getting alot of questions from random people on this board and others about how to inject. Alot of them think you are supposed to inject into the vein. That is incorrect. You inject into the muscle.

Make sure you have all of the items you will need easily available: syringe, medicine, cleaning materials, etc.

Wash hands with warm, soapy water prior to giving the injection and dry with a clean towel

Select a site and cleanse the area (about 2 inches) with a fresh alcohol pad or a cotton ball soaked in alcohol.

Wait for the site to dry.

Pinch a 2- or 3-inch fold of skin between your thumb and index finger.
Holding the syringe the way you would a pencil or dart, insert the needle at a 90 degree angle to the pinched-up skin (the needle should be completely covered by skin).

Hold the syringe with one hand. With the other, pull back the plunger to check for blood.

If you see blood in the solution in the syringe, do not inject. Withdraw the needle and start again at a new site.

If you do not see blood, slowly press down on the plunger until it stops.
Remove the needle from the skin and gently hold an alcohol pad on the injection site. Do not rub.

If there is bleeding at the site of injection, apply a bandage.

Immediately put the syringe and needle into the proper disposal container. Ideally, this should be a ???sharps box??? (which you can purchase from a pharmacy). However, you can also use a sealed coffee can or leak-proof, closable milk jug, as long as it is a puncture-proof disposal container. You will need to find out what services are available in your area for the proper disposal of biological waste.

The pinching the skin part is debatable, as I have not seen many people add that step. I think this prevents the substance from coming back out again.

Back