• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

P/C/F ratio question

ecwholic

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I worked in my diet on fitday.com and I noticed that my ratio was 37/41/22, which is near the 40/40/20 which is used widely. My question is, I noticed that at this ratio, I have about 2500 calories that I'm taking in, but I have 200 g of protein and only 255 g of carbs, and I'm currently at 146 lbs looking to add some weight, is this okay??

Personally if I was bulking at your weight I would up the carbs somewhat. 200 grams of protein at 146lbs is fine. Some say you are fine with 1g/lb of bodyweight but other people insist more is necessary. You could probably stand to add another 200 calories or so consisting of mainly carbs (good carbs)

IMO, 40/40/20 is decent for bulking. It gives you enough carbs without worry about the fat gain. 200g of protein is sufficient.

I was kinda worried, since my calculated input for protein would be actually 235 g, and I've been seeing posts scattered here and there about too much protein being bad for the liver, but would this be safe for a short period of time?

Someone was saying that using ratios is useless, and that as long as I eat enough protein and get enough fat I should be fine. Is that so?

Last edited:
They really aren't important no. The best reason for ratios, IMO, is to keep you organized and on track.

They really aren't important no. The best reason for ratios, IMO, is to keep you organized and on track.

I adjusted the diet to look something like this:

Fat: 61 545 22%
Carbs: 289 990 40%
Protein: 230 922 38%

2556 calories

How are these macros in your opinion??

Back