• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Superhero-Like Even!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I thought about giving my new journal the title of "Crap", but I think I've already got a thread floating around here with that name...

Okay, the goal of this routine will be to improve both my general strength and, more specifically, my core strength. So what you'll see is a lot of the big compound exercises, core specific exercises, unilateral exercises, and bit of speed.

I'm including some exercises that I've never done before; such as Snatches, Speed Benching, Unilateral Benching,
Unilateral Military Press, and the DB Side Lunge. I'm also going to do Pull-ups. I'll replace the Yate's Rows with them as soon as the morons ship my product! Which should be by the 23rd. I'm also including some exercises that I haven't done in a long time; such as Overhead and Jump Squats.

There's one interesting twist on the core days, instead of upping the weights, I'm going to add sets until I get to 5 full sets, then I'll add weight and reset to three sets.

Upper Power
  • Bench Press
  • Military Press
  • T-Bar Row
  • Yates Row (replace)
Lower Power
  • Front Squat
  • Leg Extension
  • Romanian Deadlift
  • Lying Leg Curl
Upper Core
  • Speed Bench
  • Unilateral Bench
  • Snatch
  • Unilateral Military Press
Lower Core
  • Overhead Squats
  • Jump Squats
  • Zercher Good-mornings
  • DB Side Lunge

I want to include some plyos at the end of my workouts, but I'm still trying to figure out what I should add. Any recommendations would most welcome. I also want to include dragonflies. I need to pick up some bands so that I can try out Core Statics (thanks Cowpimp!). I want to include regular stretching session to. I have one written out that takes about 20 minutes. Here it is:
Neck Rotation
Shoulder Stretch
Wrist Flex
Finger Press
Standing Quad Stretch
Calf Stretch
Arch Stretch
Butterfly
Seated Torso Twist
Toe Touch
Ankle Rotation
Lateral Chest Opening
Cross Knee Pull
Elongation Stretch

I'm also going to include two sprinting sessions each week

Just as importantly, this time around I have a meal plan. Jodi was very kind and wrote one for me. My goal is to lose 15 pounds of adipose tissue (that sounds better than "fat"). Here is the meal plan:
Meal 1:
3 Whole Eggs
3 Egg Whites
2 oz. Ground Beef
1 C. Spinach
Scramble that all up and it's very yummy!
1 Apple

Meal 2:
2 Scoops Protein
1/2 Cup Oats
2 tsp Flax Oil
1 T. Ground Flax Seeds

Meal 3:
6 oz. Chicken Breast
Romaine, Celery, Peppers, Cucumbers
1 Small Box Raisins or cranberries
1 Tbls Olive Oil
1 Tbls Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar

OR

6 oz. Chicken Breast
2 Slices Whole Grain Bread (sprouted grain is best)
1 T. Safflower Mayo
Small Side Salad with Olive oil and Lemon Juice or Vinegar

Meal 4: PWO
1.5 Scoops Protein
1/2 C. Nonfat Plain Yogurt
1 Medium Banana
1/4 C. Oats

OR

Non-workout Day
2 Scoops Protein
1 Banana
2 tsp. Flax Oil
1 T. Ground Flax (grind them in a coffee grinder)

Meal 5:
7oz Fish or Beef
6 Fish Oil Capsules
3/4 C. Brown Rice
1 C. Green Beans

Meal 6:
1.5 C. 1% Cottage Cheese (add cinnamon and splenda)
1/2 Scoop Protein Powder (mix it in)
1 oz. Almonds

I'm not going to treat my diet secondary to my lifting.

Keep in mind that my routine isn't set in stone yet. I don't know anyone in person that I can get advice from, so, other than IM, I do weight training in a vacuum. So, if you're so inclined, I'd like your feedback on what you've seen so far and anything that I can do to make my workout better.

Ooooohhh, your new program looks very fun and interesting. I bet you won't get bored on this one. The back of my mind is always telling me to work towards maximum strength/power lifting...but if I didn't feel tied to that definitley do something like that.

That routine looks very interesting. I may copy it soon. Would that be ok? I realy like it!

Meals look pretty good. Only question first meal seems pretty high in fat/sat fats.

LOL. Just thought I would ask Assuming 3 large eggs that is 15 g of fat with 6 of those saturated.

plus the ground beef (I guess it depends on how lean you get)

Good luck with the new program. Do you need more pulling on the upper core day?

LOL. Just thought I would ask Assuming 3 large eggs that is 15 g of fat with 6 of those saturated.

Ultimately, it's okay. My caloric goal is on the lean side, so a few extra cals will be okay.

And I'm going to do them without kneeling on the bench. I'm going to do them by simply bracing on the end of the bench with my free hand.

You could also not use any outside support all together and rest your non working hand on the adjacent thigh.

IML Gear Cream!
Plyos go at the beginning, unless you are complexing, then you can do them 2-3 minutes after each strength set as an in-between set exercise.

I would recommend doing them at the beginning, though. Keep volume low, and do upper body plyos on leg day, lower body plyos on upper day.

Plyos go at the beginning, unless you are complexing, then you can do them 2-3 minutes after each strength set as an in-between set exercise.

I would recommend doing them at the beginning, though. Keep volume low, and do upper body plyos on leg day, lower body plyos on upper day.

Could you recommend some? I read through the sites that gave me in Training, but I'm still unsure of what I should choose. If at all possible, I'd like to do plyos that I can do in workout room (like Jump Downs).

So my workouts will likely be plyos/weights/stretching. Even though it's not a plyo, I'd like to include Dragonflies in the plyo portion of my workout.

Thanks again, Dale!

Jumps to box, 1 leg hops, and depth drops would be a good start for legs

Drop push-up, semi-kneeling side toss, and overhead bounce pass are good upper body ones. Just work on landings and deceleration at first, then worry about explosive strength.

Drop push-up

burpy.gif

Start kneeling and work towards standing.

Side Toss-

UpperPlyo6.jpg

I would stand sideways to the wall, though, and possibly do it in a semi-kneeling manner (Lunge facing sideways with leg closest to wall up and the other one kneeling on ground).

Overhead bounce-

deleslie3168.gif

Drive the ball about 3-4 feet in front of you, directly into the floor. Have it rebound off a wall and repeat.

Seeing there is no much sat fat in the rest of his diet, that 6 grams is nothing. The ground beef will only be 2G of fat for the amount he is using. So it's not that much at all and the rest of the fats throughout the day will make up for it. Besides, sat fat in the AM is good for elevating cortisol levels.

Seeing there is no much sat fat in the rest of his diet, that 6 grams is nothing. The ground beef will only be 2G of fat for the amount he is using. So it's not that much at all and the rest of the fats throughout the day will make up for it. Besides, sat fat in the AM is good for elevating cortisol levels.

Ok thanks once went through the fat sources I saw at most it added up to 20 grams. So like you said nothing alarming.

I assume that is a typo.

Yeah, I meant leveling cortisol levels :p

And I'm going to do them without kneeling on the bench. I'm going to do them by simply bracing on the end of the bench with my free hand.

I think you will get too much deltoid in that way??

Jumps to box, 1 leg hops, and depth drops would be a good start for legs

Drop push-up, semi-kneeling side toss, and overhead bounce pass are good upper body ones. Just work on landings and deceleration at first, then worry about explosive strength.

Drop push-up

Start kneeling and work towards standing.

Side Toss-

I would stand sideways to the wall, though, and possibly do it in a semi-kneeling manner (Lunge facing sideways with leg closest to wall up and the other one kneeling on ground).

Overhead bounce-

Drive the ball about 3-4 feet in front of you, directly into the floor. Have it rebound off a wall and repeat.

Thanks Dale. I'll start reading up on those plyos.

Nearly finalized routine:

Upper Power
  • Bench Press
  • Military Press
  • T-Bar Row
  • Yates Row (replace)
Lower Power
  • Front Squat
  • Leg Extension
  • Romanian Deadlift
  • Lying Leg Curl
Upper Core
  • Speed Bench
  • Unilateral Bench
  • Snatch
  • Unsupported DB Rows
Lower Core
  • Overhead Squats
  • Pistols
  • Zercher Good-mornings
  • DB Side Lunge
I've decided to start with two plyos before each Core day. I'll start with 3 sets of 10. I don't have a medicine ball yet, so they're a no go (Hey, I have a budget).

My plyos are:

Upper: Clap Push Up, Dragonflies (no link and not a plyo)
Lower: Double Knee Jump, Side Box Jumps

On the strength days, I'll do about 20 minutes of static stretching afterward.

So, my weekly routine will be this:

Day 1: Upper Power, stretching
Day 2: Lower Power, Stretching
Day 3: Sprinting, Stretching
Day 4: Plyos, Upper Core
Day 5: Plyos, Lower Core
Day 6: Stretching or Yoga
Day 7: Sprinting, Stretching

Yeah, I know it looks like a shitload, but it's not really. Plus, I like pain and I don't know any better.

Why would I title this journal "Superhero-Like Even!", if I was going to do something simple and easy? That's why I gave it that title, it'll take a super-human (or, at least, a super-me) effort to do it.

And it's like goob said, I don't do anything half-way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back