• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

2nd 10 Mile Race

MACCA

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have just completed my second 10 mile race after moving up from 10k/6.2 mile races.My first time was 80 minutes which was over a very flat coastal run and this second race was over a a undulating (bloody big hill at 4 miles) and was over the moon with 78 minute exactly. I would just like to thank the people who helped me out with the questions i asked with training etc and too the people who sent me too websites for tips and training :thumb:.The next step is to do the great north run (UK) which usually gets about 50,000 entrants, this is 8 months away but please feel free to pass on any advice or tips...Thanks everyone...:wave: :wave2:

Congratulations, thats quite an accomplishment!

Congratulations man! I would have croked after the first 2 miles. :lol:

great job man!!!

...... usually gets about 50,000 entrants, this is 8 months away but please feel free to pass on any advice or tips...

Something that most people forget is that if it's your first big race (number of people-wise) you need to be mindful that you have to dart through the crowd like you're dodging 4000 football teams - so practice your side step, and be prepared for an early race sprint to get clear of the 49,900 plebs in the pack :)

Cheers everyone for your support, ponyboy iam on the runnersworld site and i find it to be a big help,this is where i find out where the races are in my area, as at the moment i am trying to fit in a 10k or 10 mile a month.Like you said good forums, good training advice and good reviews of clothing and other running merchandise.......thanks once again...

Something that most people forget is that if it's your first big race (number of people-wise) you need to be mindful that you have to dart through the crowd like you're dodging 4000 football teams - so practice your side step, and be prepared for an early race sprint to get clear of the 49,900 plebs in the pack :)

One of my biggest pet peeves at races is people who don't seed themselves properly - especially the groups of fat old lady walkers who walk five abreast. If you think you're going to be at the front of the pack, line up in the front quarter. Most big races will have proper seeding based on your expected finishing times.

IML Gear Cream!
One of my biggest pet peeves at races is people who don't seed themselves properly - especially the groups of fat old lady walkers who walk five abreast. If you think you're going to be at the front of the pack, line up in the front quarter. Most big races will have proper seeding based on your expected finishing times.

Let's not forget those who decide mid stride that they need a walk break and you end up running into them. The big marathons are the worst for that! :yell:

Old ladies in packs are the bad - but old men who think they can run are worse.
I once had this old guy try and drop in a shoulder on the return leg because he thought i was disrespecting him by keeping my line when he was so blind he was on the wrong side of the ropes !

I agree with what you are all saying and must be lucky with the few runs i have done as there are usually people standing at the sidelines with large signs with your predicted times, 30mins,35 mins,40mins etc.As a newbie too running if i think i can do a 10k in 50 mins i stand at the back of the 50 mins pack close to the 55 mins pack.I prefer to start off slower and not knacker myself out at the start and then gradually speed up(if i feel good enough to) towards the later stages of the race.Hopefully over time i will be able to pace myself a little better so that i can do a good pace throughout the race....

Back