• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

This is the Man that Should be President

Decker

%
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Russ Feingold. He's brilliant, thoughtful, just and has balls the size of cantaloupes. His pants may not fit quite right but he is the most talented and qualified guy for the job.

Wisconsin Democrat's bill would cut off funding after six months.
Senate Democrats oppose the war in Iraq, they just don't plan on stopping it. They have discovered that standing up to the president is not quite as easy as vilifying him.

Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis., has decided, however, to challenge what he calls the "timidity" of Democratic leaders. He is going to introduce legislation cutting off funding for the Iraq war and he may do it, he told me, as early as this week.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/013007T.shtml

The Feingold Option
How to end the war
http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=10418

End the war by cutting off funding? The soldiers are defiantly going to be hit hard by this before Bush would pull them out.

End the war by cutting off funding? The soldiers are defiantly going to be hit hard by this before Bush would pull them out.

Right now they're gettin' hit hard by IED's, and enemy RPG's...

Right now they're gettin' hit hard by IED's, and enemy RPG's...

:thinking: You have a point there. I haven't thought of this before, so give me a day to collect my thoughts and maybe I will have a better perspective.

OH Please tell me you jest there Decker. That idea won't work any better than his anti gun hubbub

OH Please tell me you jest there Decker. That idea won't work any better than his anti gun hubbub
He is a man that I don't discount. If Russ Feingold holds a particular opinion, I would take the time to find out why. He is a real statesman with a one-of-a-kind mind.

which is exactly why he would never get elected.
He's no sellout, that's for sure. And he backs up what he says with actions.

Normally I'm not a cheerleader for anyone in politics but he is an exception.

It is too bad that he formally withdrew his name from contention a few weeks ago.

When I look at the current class of wannabes put up by both sides, they stand in his shadow. It's too bad b/c America suffers the loss.

He's got some balls to stand up for whats right.

PATRIOT Act
Feingold was the only senator to vote against the USA PATRIOT Act when first voted on in 2001.[38] At the time, Feingold stated that provisions in the act infringed upon citizens' civil liberties.[39] Many at the time predicted his political career was over,[verification needed] but a majority of Wisconsin residents had little problem with his vote.[verification needed] Later, as public opinion turned against certain portions of the Act, his vote became a major selling-point for his re-election campaign.

When the bill was up for renewal in late December 2005, Feingold led a bipartisan coalition of Senators that included Lisa Murkowski, Ken Salazar, Larry Craig, Dick Durbin, and John Sununu to remove some of the act's more controversial provisions. He led a successful filibuster against renewal of the act that ultimately led to a compromise on some of its provisions. This compromise bill passed the Senate on March 2, 2006 by 89-10. Feingold was among the 10 Senators who voted nay, feeling that the bill still lacked necessary protections for some civil liberties.

Back