• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My microwave brocke, is it alright to eat food cold?

IJ300

The world is mine
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My microwave broke yesterday, and I've been eating the food I cooked last night cold. Is there any downfall to this? Can I get sick?

Should be fine.

Just make sure to let any cooked food come to room temperature before you refrigerate.

I've heard that before. What's the reason for letting it cool to room temp first?

i have heard that after you cook food, you can put it in the fridge and then only heat it up once more, after that if you put it back in the fridge it is at higher risk of going bad.

so as long as it was cooked good the first time you should not have any probs eating it cold, I eat cold food all the time and never get sick.

I've heard that before. What's the reason for letting it cool to room temp first?

if still hot it probably damages your fridge heh. Health wise instant refridgeration could only mean less chance of anything turning bad.

Just my logic here though.

To be completely honest.... It is just something I have always heard. I could be wrong:nerd:

I've also heard that you're not supposed to freeze something more than once. Atleast thats what my gf keeps telling me. Keeps telling me I'll get sick from it.

Honestly if you think about it, by keeping food in the fridge after it's been in the freezer allows the bacteria/mold to grow because the temperature is closer to room temp(best temperature for bacteria/mold to grow). If you put it back into the freezer it should slow or stop the bacteria/mold from growing.

I think the reason they say that is it breaks down the food and ruins the taste. Same with letting it cool down to room temperature first. If you put it directly into the fridge or freezer it will cool down too quick and the taste won't be as good (true in some cases, but no big deal).

Back