• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

protein bars

zeus18

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
do u guys eat these proten bars? n wht are they usually good for, their purpose?

Nope, I don't eat them. They are full of garbage.

Nope, I don't eat them. They are full of garbage.

Werd up to that. Before I knew what clean eating was, I thought protien bars were the shiznit. Eat the real food to get the numbers, not some man made garbage.

I eat Pure Protein bars that you buy at Wal-Mart on occassion.Not the best way of getting your protein but not a bad snack.

I eat them occasionally but know that I shouldn't. I did just find a recipe for homemade ones though.

2 Cups Oatmeal
4 scoops of whey (protein powder--any will do-vanilla kind)
1/2 cup peanut butter
about 5 tbsp of water.

Mix in a bowl--dough should be stiff.

Forms 6 bars on wax paper--freeze them for 40 minutes and then they are ready to go!! No baking!!

Info:
195 cals
8.3g fat
16g carbs
18.8g protein

I don't eat them for the reason Jodi listed. I have gotten in the routine of cooking a days worth of food when I first get up, and I carry tupperware bowls around with me all day.

If I am in a place where I can't eat, I keep a cache of musclemilk and ON Whey protein in the delivery truck and at work.

It is very simple. I just take a mouthful of water, then dip the spoonful of whey. I then dump the whey into my mouth and swallow. Do that three times and you just got the protein that is in the bar without all of the other crap you don't need.

oh yeah bars are the shizz... taste great, and are good if you are on the go. i keep a few in my glove box, and always take one with me if i go out. incase of an emergency. ;)

IML Gear Cream!
I use protein bars when I going to pub or to play pool. I have the carbrite diet bars by universal and pure protein by worldwide.

They are not part of my regular diet, but I'll eat one on occasion if I'm hungry and happen to have one. Like others said, they are not they best way to get protein, but they are still better than candy bars or a bag of chips.

sadly my job demands it.. I dont get time to take a meal and sit to enjoy it.. I shove whatever I can to supply my protein for that 8 hours while I'm at work.

If I could eat a natural, cooked meal though.. I would. Definetly.

thats because those oh yeah bars taste like a real chocolate bar.

i think the isoflex bars by allmax are really good because they have 1g of sugar, 10g of fat, and 30g of protein. even though its all processed and yada yada i like to eat them instead of having myself eat a cheat meal. its got the sweet taste of a cheat, but with half the garbage. its like gettin a hooker but not having to pay in the end....

All of you don't understand that the most protein bars are crap, a good protein bar should contain no sugar or max. 1-2 gram. they should contain less saturated fat the total fat should be around 4 gram.

The trioplex contain 16gram of sugar - it's alot.

agreed, the Trio Plex bars are great, and close to "real food" unlike most bars that are not much better than a candy bar.

Ingredients:
CJ Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Fruit Blend (Fruit Juice, Natural Grain Dextrin), Glucose Syrup, Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Water, Canola Oil, Honey, Shredded Coconut, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Oat Flour, Vegetable Glycerine, Natural Flavors.

there is still some shit in there, but quality protein and oats.

Back