• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

bagel ok?

BringDaBlitz94

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
well right now i am trying to lose body fat and increase/maintain muscle and strength which my football coach said was definatly possible. what i want to know is if i could eat a bagel like 45 minutes after i workout and lift. i do cardio and lift regularly. the only times i eat bread are for lunch and 1 hour before i run/lift. the bread i eat contains only 6 carbs a piece. so would this bagel which i want to eat tht has 55 carbs be too much?

The bagel fiend in me wants to say it's okay, but the Jodi disciple in me knows that any processed flour (not to mention the calorie-ladened cream cheese) aren't good for you.

Then again, if your caloric and macro nutrient requirements allow it, I suppose you could sneak in half a whole wheat bagel with low-fat cream cheese once in a while.

Why make it low fat?

Good fat is good for you.

well right now i am trying to lose body fat and increase/maintain muscle and strength which my football coach said was definatly possible. what i want to know is if i could eat a bagel like 45 minutes after i workout and lift. i do cardio and lift regularly. the only times i eat bread are for lunch and 1 hour before i run/lift. the bread i eat contains only 6 carbs a piece. so would this bagel which i want to eat tht has 55 carbs be too much?

If it's 45 minutes after you workout then eat it.

But try to eat it as soon as possible after you workout.

Actually, get the whole diet thing down first.

Well .. this is kind of a complicated question ...
It comes down to a number of things such as: How strict are you willing to be on your diet? How soon are you wanting to reach your goals? Are you genetically predisposed to gain fat easily? Are you genetically predisposed to gaining muscle easily etc.

Honestly ... we don't know if you can eat that bagel 45 minutes after your workout and continue to loss fat and gain muscle. Your sure fire way to find out would be to experiment and see for yourself. If you notice progress stalls, slows and starts going in reverse then take the bagel out of your diet.

We can tell you though that there are better choices out there compared to a bagel, and theoretically eating these better choices would help you reach you goals faster..

But like I said, your not going to know for sure until you try it for yourself. So give it a shot.

why as soon as possible?

Fast carbs spike your insulin levels.

Although the theory behind eating mass quantities of them post workout is debatable.

He's asking whether he should eat cream cheese and bagels. Odds are, his diet isn't the best, so it makes sense to shoot low in terms of fat intake.

did he say anything about cream cheese? if he did i missed it

IML Gear Cream!
I love bagels, I just buy the whole wheat and put some cream cheese on them.
Each of my beagles have 280-Cal, 6g -fat, 51-Carbs and 11 Protein. Yet this is my only treat for the day, I try to balance out my 40,40,20 and so far am doing pretty good.

Not only is that against the law in 49 states, but it's also a sin against God.

Well then the entire tri-state area is going to jail, dying then going to hell. :dont:

Back