• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

can u lose weight by smoking marijuana?

Ummm, you can lose weight while smoking pot but I doubt you lose weigh by smoking pot....

I don't recommend either.

Right .. like ReproMan said it's possible to lose weight while smoking pot, so long as you were in a caloric deficit (but that may be hard if your susceptible to getting the 'munchies').

All the case studies I've looked at have stated that weight gain is more than likely while smoking marijuana.

Not sure about that more than likely crap. I eat anything in sight when I smoke.

Lol Are U Serioius? If you want to lose weight so bad have some coke or meth :). You might look like the walking dead but at least you will be skinny!

And lets not forget it can lower testosterone.

Sure, I know a lot lot of people who smoke pot instead of drinking booze when they are on a cut. Just drink lot's of water, it always controlled the munchies when I used to smoke.

I have been toking more on the MJ now that I don't drink anymore and I am still on a cut. I just use self control and drink lots of water.

IML Gear Cream!
Lol Are U Serioius? If you want to lose weight so bad have some coke or meth :). You might look like the walking dead but at least you will be skinny!

id rather be fat then die :O

marijuana is aite for me ill just keep smoking that. today my heart was beating like 50% heart rate for like 6 hours

Good...Lord...

This guy just single handedly brought down the mean IQ of this planet by two points.

Not really .. it's actually a pretty good question.
Marijuana raises your heart rate by about 40BPM (along with messing around with your blood pressure), so some might think it would help burn a few calories here and there (assuming they didn't eat the munchies). But to have an increased Heart Rate of only 40BPM for an hour or so isn't going to burn anything significant.

Marijuana raises your heart rate by about 40BPM (along with messing around with your blood pressure), so some might think it would help burn a few calories here and there (assuming they didn't eat the munchies). But to have an increased Heart Rate of only 40BPM for an hour or so isn't going to burn anything significant.

The solution? MORE WEEEED. :p

And then you get horrible panick/anxiety attacks and your Heart rate goes up to 170BPM and you think your having a heart attack .. not a fun time!! .. LOL trust me on that one !! hahaha

I doubt. Maybe for some non-regular smoker that they made smoke pot in a lab then tested his heart rate. He/she might be a little nervous.

Back to the original question though, I wouldn't even consider it. It just sounds like a sort of wish for an easy solution, and everyone knows quick/easy solutions for proper fat loss just don't exist.

Not only that, smoking is proven to cause cancer, not to mention the plethora of other lung or mouth related problems that can arise.

Not only that, smoking is proven to cause cancer, not to mention the plethora of other lung or mouth related problems that can arise.

Thats excessive tobacco smoking. You will not get cancer/lung/or mouth related problems from responsible marijuana smoking.

Thats excessive tobacco smoking. You will not get cancer/lung/or mouth related problems from responsible marijuana smoking.

I haven't done any kind of research into this, nor am I really interested to quite honestly since I have never and will never smoke anything, so I can't really comment on that.

I just really have a difficult time believing that filling your lungs with something other than air is harmless.

IML Gear Cream!
I just really have a difficult time believing that filling your lungs with something other than air is harmless.

you are right. it does harm you, but so does filling up your stomach with alcohol and killing off braincells.

the difference is, if you smoke and have self control and do not stuff your face. you will not consume as many calories as if you did drinking.

if this is something that is important to you then smoking is a better option than drinking.

just keep in mind over consumption of anything is bad for you, people that use either weed or booze recreationally are in the lower %ile of risk of damaging thier bodies than those who drink or smoke every day.

i would recomend researching what the drug can do to you and if you truely belive you can live with the result of using then it is your choice.

Back to the original question though, I wouldn't even consider it. It just sounds like a sort of wish for an easy solution, and everyone knows quick/easy solutions for proper fat loss just don't exist.

nobody has ever died from smoking weed.

Nate Read This and This .. theres many studies proving that Marijuana use raises Your heart rate by about 40 beats per minute.

They say that smoking can be potentially dangerous for people with blood pressure/heart problems. THey are trying really hard to find the negatives. Marijuana is sometimes prescribed to people to help them.

When you think about it weed smoking is a very natural process....all types of cultures have smoked plants for ritual/bonding type purposes. I would understand being against it if I felt it hindered cardiovascular efficiency but I don't....at least in reasonable amounts.

Received 3 January 1983; Revised 23 May 1983:rolleyes: I don't mean to hate, this smiley is hateful.

By how much..possibly a neglible amount? I couldnt read the full article

One marijuana cigarrete of medicinal weed (high grade stuff) in one session by one person is a large amount of marijuana!

"Clinical studies have given contradictory reports on the effect of smoking marijuana on the plasma levels of testosterone in males."

So ahhh.....how does a study in 84 differ than now? Marijuana is still marijuana 24 years ago and testosterone was still testosterone. The effects aren't going to be any different 24 years later.

Anyone seriously think that smoking pot is ok, really ought to go back to school to re-educate unless they already burnt their brain cells out. :rolleyes: I did enough drugs in my day to bring many of you crawling to your knees but I never once thought it was OK to do. :no:

Clinical studies have given contradictory reports on the effect of smoking marijuana on the plasma levels of testosterone in males. A reanalysis of existing data established that testosterone levels are depressed both after smoking one marijuana cigarette and after intravenous infusion of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, a pharmacologically active component of marijuana. Simulation of the marijuana interaction, under the assumption that delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits testosterone production or secretion, suggests a minimum of 24 hours are required for testosterone to return to pre-smoking levels. A series of clinical studies are specified to clarify the nature of the interaction.
Hmmmm.....:thinking:

Back