• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Nike Frees

mike456

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
good or no good for running/jumping? (reduce ankle/lower leg injury?)

They lasted about 3 weeks on my feet before my knees started to kill me. I have flat feet and they have no arch support.

They are only good fora certain population of people. It really depends on your individual foot and biomechanics.

They lasted about 3 weeks on my feet before my knees started to kill me. I have flat feet and they have no arch support.

They are only good fora certain population of people. It really depends on your individual foot and biomechanics.

thanks for the info

If you are true neutral then they are fine but if you require support like most of us do then they will screw you up. They are comfy though.

I did a 5k race in them once and my body clearly did not like it.

I'm going to buy one or two pairs of new sneakers this week. Don't know what to get, i usually like the Nike Shocks, comfortable and they 'breath.' Pat, i remember you said something about New Balance one time, and my buddy says all he gets are New Balance because his foot is wide or something and they are the only sneakers that he is comfortable in. I need suggestions. As well, this isn't a training question, but does anyone have any remedies to counter sweating in your sneakers. If i wear sneakers for more than 3-4 hours at a time i get super sweaty/smelly feet. I've been soaking my feet in vinegar diluted with h2o but it gets annoying. I'm looking for a preventative measure.

I'm going to buy one or two pairs of new sneakers this week. Don't know what to get, i usually like the Nike Shocks, comfortable and they 'breath.' Pat, i remember you said something about New Balance one time, and my buddy says all he gets are New Balance because his foot is wide or something and they are the only sneakers that he is comfortable in. I need suggestions. As well, this isn't a training question, but does anyone have any remedies to counter sweating in your sneakers. If i wear sneakers for more than 3-4 hours at a time i get super sweaty/smelly feet. I've been soaking my feet in vinegar diluted with h2o but it gets annoying. I'm looking for a preventative measure.

I like the Frees, I fucked up and wore them for like 2 months straight not realizing that was bad, but nothing happened other than a little soreness.

I like New Balance, I would say the same for Asics, but I got a pair of tennis shoes from them and they ended up causing some pain. The most comfortable shoe I ever wore was a Nike Huarache, but that was ages ago so I know nothing of the current quality.

IML Gear Cream!
y is it bad to where the nike frees for more then 2 months

i have yet to read a post where you are anywhere near intelligible. you drag down the discussion here.

i have yet to read a post where you are anywhere near intelligible. you drag down the discussion here.

oh_snap.gif

I havn't read a post of yours that wasn't insulting. I'm not sure what you attitude problem is, but you're coming off as quite an arrogant person. It's like you hunt down posts like a troll and just spew insults. Wise up chap

I havn't read a post of yours that wasn't insulting. I'm not sure what you attitude problem is, but you're coming off as quite an arrogant person. It's like you hunt down posts like a troll and just spew insults. Wise up chap

Wise up to what? Link me to my supposed "insulting" posts. Otherwise you're just spewing nonsense, which isn't much better than an insult.

Wise up to what? Link me to my supposed "insulting" posts. Otherwise you're just spewing nonsense, which isn't much better than an insult.

Literally, every single post I've seen you write contains mockery or insults. I'm not going to waste my time. You know what I'm implying, and I know for a fact that you posted a near identical reply to "kidbodybuilders" post the other day. There's just no reason for that kind of stuff.

Literally, every single post I've seen you write contains mockery or insults. I'm not going to waste my time. You know what I'm implying, and I know for a fact that you posted a near identical reply to "kidbodybuilders" post the other day. There's just no reason for that kind of stuff.

Nonsense. Every post I have made does not contain mockery or insult. That's a silly accusation. When I criticize kidbodybilder for his draining the forum with unintelligble jibberish, I can stand behind that argument. You're just accusing me of stuff that isn't true.

Am I insulting and mocking and arrogant in some posts? Defitently at times. Sorry. But don't accuse me of trolling, that's stupid.

This isn't Open Chat, everybody has their eccentricities. As long as they know their shit, who cares?

I see exactly where DD is coming from on this, though.

This isn't Open Chat, everybody has their eccentricities. As long as they know their shit, who cares?

I see exactly where DD is coming from on this, though.

I do tend to forget this is open chat. I try to only write what I would say to another man's face, which is why some posts stand out to me. The who cares attitude doesn't mean the maturity level gets to drop... a barrier should not dictate what you do and do not say to people.

On my website, I have a link to this forum in my menu. I have recommended it to athletes and clients. I have a lot of regard for this place. It has credibility as a source for newbies, intermediates, and advanced people to learn and discuss.

Hate to be a bear, but take the time to use basic grammar and spelling.

IML Gear Cream!
I do tend to forget this is open chat. I try to only write what I would say to another man's face, which is why some posts stand out to me. The who cares attitude doesn't mean the maturity level gets to drop... a barrier should not dictate what you do and do not say to people.

I don't think it has anything to do about maturity level, "shoudlent" and "Where (instead of wear)" are pretty obvious.

What about baby powder or gold bond in your sneakers?

Nike Shocks are the WORST shoes in my opinion. You want stability at heel strike....not some cushy piece of shit compressing down.

I like New Balance or Asics personally. Lots of stability in the heel.

If you have a good food (ie good arches) the frees may work. It is really a personal thing. Nike shoes are made for a certain foot. if you don't have it...they just kill you.

Duncan- got a link to your site?

Yeah, nike frees feel great but I stopped wearing mine because of flat feet.
I recently got some Asics 2120

Yeah, nike frees feel great but I stopped wearing mine because of flat feet.
I recently got some Asics 2120

I have the 2120's as well. Love em.

I'm gonna check out the Asics and New Balance. I will need a sneaker for training, which includes running, and an everyday type shoe with decent style/support.

Any specific models or what not that you guys recommend, besides the 2120's and what specifically are those good for?

I'm gonna check out the Asics and New Balance. I will need a sneaker for training, which includes running, and an everyday type shoe with decent style/support.

Any specific models or what not that you guys recommend, besides the 2120's and what specifically are those good for?

The model will depend on your foot. Do you have a runner's store near you with someone quallified to do gait analysis? There is one in the city, on the upper east side. can't remeber the damn name though.

2120's have lots of medial arch support (as shown on the actual sole by the large grey colored block) so they are great with those that over pronate or have flat feet and need the extra support.

I don't think it has anything to do about maturity level, "shoudlent" and "Where (instead of wear)" are pretty obvious.

I'm completely lost on what you are trying to say. No idea

I just got a pair of NewBalance 1050's, and shit are they amazing for running. I have been running on NB 992's in the recent months, which are incredibly comfortable, but the 1050's have a much more flexible toe. Great shoes... 1050's.

Got a question here - IYO (in your opinion? lol), what would be the most rugged training shoe. I'm searching around for a pair or running shoes for this summer, where I will be running for essentially 6 weeks straight. On concrete, on dirt paths, through obstacles, rain or shine. The NewBalance pair I just got are amazing, but I'm not sure how they will hold up over time.

Does Asics have an edge over NewBalance when it comes to how long they last? I've never owned a pair of Asics. It will be troublesome to start and have to get a new pair halfway through (breaking in the shoes will leave me with blisters).

I'm a Saucony guy myself and I find them very durable. They have saved my feet in the past few years and are the only ones I can use consistently.

The difference between each shoe is the cushioning system. Asics uses a gel so it often doesn't last as long because the gel gets compressed. Saucony uses a grid (like a trampoline), New Balance uses compression rubber, so does Brooks in a slightly different way. Mizuno uses something they call a wave. Each has its own benefits and disadvantages.

If you want a shoe that's going to last usually a solid cushioning system is the way to go. The gel that Asics uses is far more comfortable though which is why people love them.

good or no good for running/jumping? (reduce ankle/lower leg injury?)

I wouldn't recommend them. I had them, and they are very comfortable, but they ripped in the back on both shoes and along the side of my left shoe. I called up Nike and they refunded my money.

I recommend Nike 360, The cushion is all air.

Back