• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fat and Frustrated

Dion

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So here i am again 36 going on 37 and every year since i was about 27 i promised myself that this was the year that i was going to get into shape, and i did every year, i got rounder in the middle, puffier in the face and more depressed at my lack of will power.
So again i tackle the task of cutting 30 kilograms, or 66 pounds of fat, and getting to a leaner and meaner body shape.
I have a distinct hate for pills and powders, as these have not worked in the past, and it is not that i am lazy, i spend about an hour everyday doing cardio, and then at least 45 minutes 4 times a week lifting weights of the gigantic proportion. Last week i did standaing calve raise of 770 pounds, my average last leg press set is in the 900 pound range, and i have well shaped calves, a pumped out chest, covered with a nice layer of padding and a stomach that under all the blubber is a fantastic 6 pack waiting to be revealed.
But one good thing about starting again is starting again, it is making the effort, and working at it.
Cheers Dion

So here i am again 36 going on 37 and every year since i was about 27 i promised myself that this was the year that i was going to get into shape, and i did every year, i got rounder in the middle, puffier in the face and more depressed at my lack of will power.
So again i tackle the task of cutting 30 kilograms, or 66 pounds of fat, and getting to a leaner and meaner body shape.
I have a distinct hate for pills and powders, as these have not worked in the past, and it is not that i am lazy, i spend about an hour everyday doing cardio, and then at least 45 minutes 4 times a week lifting weights of the gigantic proportion. Last week i did standaing calve raise of 770 pounds, my average last leg press set is in the 900 pound range, and i have well shaped calves, a pumped out chest, covered with a nice layer of padding and a stomach that under all the blubber is a fantastic 6 pack waiting to be revealed.
But one good thing about starting again is starting again, it is making the effort, and working at it.
Cheers Dion

Welcome Dion, what are your stats?

Hi Mista, i weigh in at 117Kg, which is around 257 pounds, I do have a very good shape with all the weights i have lifted over the years, but carry a layer of fat over my muscle. All i need is to seriously get dedicated about my eating, and maybe a woman who is a gym lass. Not sure what other measurements, but my desire is to get to around 90 kilograms and still be large enough but slimmer. Getting back on the bicycle this weekend and on the road.
Cheers Dion

Why not, instead of saying "I'm going to lose 66 pounds!" set out for a much easier to obtain initial goal? With every time that easier goal is met, you shoot for another one. I imagine it would do more to boost your commitment to this than every day never actually reaching that 66 lb goal.

Hi Dion

I set myself small goals and I succeeded - I have lost 10kg since August 06 and I can see and feel the difference it has made!

I set myself a 2kg weight loss within 2 weeks (by upping my protein and lowering my carbs just for two weeks) then I maintain that weight for a month.

I have since started eating 'evil' foods occasionally (chocolate cake and the occasional mashed potato with stacks of butter lol) and am still maintaining my goal weight.

So just make up your mind not to make excuses and stick with it! You'll reap the rewards and really feel good about yourself!

Thanks all

Man it is tough, i have increased my training and reduced my eating of carbs, and increased my protien, so the weight is comming off, but i am not loosing that much on the scale yet, as i am building more muscle and getting better shape.
This year i have to make my personal goals, as i have found out yesterday that i may be going blind as a result of too much pressure on my optic nerves, (Called IOP) so if i do not get into shape now, then i may never again see myself in the mirror to see what shape i am in.
I was considering how friendly gyms are for blind people and was just thinking about the people who thoughtlessly leave equipment laying around, and how dangerous this could be for me when i start rapidly losing my sight.

just think about this.

I really feel for you Dion. That is sad news.
But please forgive me for bringing in a little positive here. At least you have some time to adjust and get things in order before your life changes completely. You may want to use this as a new opportunity to 'see life' in a different way and maybe start something that is lacking in South Africa - a gym for the phyiscally challenged with a trainer as a partner?

I know you want to see the new you, but shouldn't you be focused on what you would actually be feeling like? I know that while I enjoy seeing my new image, I much prefer focusing on my newfound energy and zest for life - oh yes and trying on new clothes a good few sizes smaller.. lol.

But this is just mho though. I know I would be extremely worried if I lost my sight as I am an avid reader...

I guess it's time to start thinking of those who don't have the gifts I do and maybe to start putting books onto CD for others.

Back