• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

anyone do any powerlifting?

juggernaut

Creator of Chaos
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
my son is thinking of getting into powerlifting (he's 18)-my specialty is bbing. Anyone know of any good resources for beginner routines and/or training? Nutrition?

um...this site is a good resource for begining routines.

I know thhaaaaatt...I just dont know if there are specific changes to what one does in powerlifting as opposed to bbing. In other words, I know how to bring up lagging bodyparts, but how will this help him achieve maximum strength gains for all three lifts?

I know thhaaaaatt...I just dont know if there are specific changes to what one does in powerlifting as opposed to bbing. In other words, I know how to bring up lagging bodyparts, but how will this help him achieve maximum strength gains for all three lifts?

fuck lagging body parts. :laugh:

has he ever trained before? is this his first introduction to lifting?

Look for articles by the big dogs in that arena: Dave Tate, Louie Simmons, Jim Wendler, etc.

just use a basic program. at 18 he doesn't need anything fancy. just work on getting foundational strength. what is his training age (consistent training)?

just use a basic program. at 18 he doesn't need anything fancy. just work on getting foundational strength. what is his training age (consistent training)?
he's got 2 years of consistent training in him. He's 18. That's just it-I usually geared myself and him towards bbing routines, not paying attention to the differences.

A couple good internet resources to get you going:

Powerliftingwatch.com (links to most serious PL boards)

Bulk and Power (great no BS powerlifting forum)

These two will get you started ;)

What P said is golden. Foundational strength is key. Nothing to complicated is the way to go.

Back