• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

So apparently I've been squatting wrong...

Uthinkso

Go on....DO IT!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was doing squats on my first working set 155lb, and after I racked the weight one of the trainers walked over. He told me to be careful, that I go down much further than most (ATG), and thats fine and all but on the way up I apparently tip my chest towards my knees and push up with my hips. At least this is what he told me.

He then grabbed a bar and demonstrated his point, and to me he was partially bent as well. Is the objective to stay perfectly vertical from your waist up. The guy was cool about it, and I'm glad he mentioned something to me before I hurt myself.

The idea is not to stay perfectly vertical in a squat, in fact the first place you bend is at the hips on the way down. As far as I know, you shouldn't really be tipping your chest on the way up, but keep your core tight throughout and that problem is solved.

A good pal of mine is a competitive BB, I've been wanting him to observe my form on deads. So perhaps I will just have him come with me one day to the gym for squats and deads.

pretty common from what ive seen when people go ATG. they fold over when coming out of the hole. maybe try going lighter and watch yourself in the mirror, drop it to 120lb or something, real easy comfortable weight and progressively stack weight on and see if you feel yourself start to fold over.

the trunk angle you want to try and maintain is chest parallel to your shins.....or as close as possible since differences in torso and limb length between people will vary.

i like it p-funk, never though of that standard before.

The idea is not to stay perfectly vertical in a squat, in fact the first place you bend is at the hips on the way down. As far as I know, you shouldn't really be tipping your chest on the way up, but keep your core tight throughout and that problem is solved.
lovely signature!

the trunk angle you want to try and maintain is chest parallel to your shins.....or as close as possible since differences in torso and limb length between people will vary.

That does make a world of a sense. The rack I use typically is right in front of a mirror. So I will give that a whirl.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll drop weight down and just make sure I'm killing the form.

Back