• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

High Intensity Sox

soxmuscle

Follow @TheUnzippedFly
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
With the return of the baseball season comes the return of the nationally recognized, world famous: soxmuscle.

During my near one year hiatus my life has changed dramatically. I write this from good ole Briscoe Shoemaker, my dorm room on the campus of Indiana University where I am enrolled as a Sports Journalism major.

As far as my training goes, I've been as consistent as ever, but my routines haven't been very well thought out. For example.. I began the year performing a push-pull-legs routine with a fourth day dedicated to my favorite exercise, the deadlift. One push day I'd do dumbells, one day I'd do barbells, one I'd do this exercise and then the next do that exercise. I was loving it, I had so much variety I think it was a shock to my body considering what it had been used to for so long. Nonetheless, I never had any order or any set things that I did. One day I wouldn't have time to go to the main gym, so I'd go to the smaller one and improvise/do random exercises, etc. Again, this isn't a bad thing, it didn't hinder my gains at all, but I think its about time I actually get some order in my life in terms of the gym.

I'm very nervous about switching to only three days per week, I always have been. However, I will be performing cardio, I have intramural softball, and will be doing all sorts of various stretching and cardiovascular exercise that I think I'll end up looking my best.

I've decided on a High Intensity routine, similar to the one I had done before I left this hell hole. Slightly Tweaked.

I've grown to about 5 feet, 7 inches and hover around 150 pounds in weight. For the most part still taking the same supplements with creatine whenever I can remember, and if I need a little energy I pop a VPX Red Line or two and am on my wayward son.

I'm going to bed as soon as I finish up this homework assignment, workout will be tomorrow before my classes start. Alarm set for 6:30, ugh.

Outline for 04.09.07 Workout:

Deadlifts:
350 (2 minute rest)
315 (30 second rest)
315 1 rep, lower as slow as possibly can

2 minutes

CG Chin-ups:
100 (2 minute rest, negative only)
75 (30 second rest, negative only)
25 regular chin-ups, both positive and negative

2 minutes

Shrugs:
315 (2 minutes rest)
225 (30 second rest)
225 (super set w. 135 w/o straps)

2 minutes

T-Bar Row:
100 (2 minutes rest)
90 (30 second rest)

EZ Bar Curls:
75 (2 minutes rest)
75 (30 second rest)
75 negative only rep

Cable Pullovers:

Workout this morning was very good. I was quite indecisive about starting up something new this morning with summer on the horizon, so I just adopted what I thought DD, Arch and some of the High Intensity Training advocates were doing.

I'm going to work out four times this week, so I decided to drop the Cable Pullovers and EZ Bar Curls so that I can hit my chest tomorrow and my shoulders/arms on Friday morning.

As for the workout...

My deadlifts were not as good as usual, mainly because I jumped right into 350 pounds. Last week when I went from 225 up to 375, I was able to get 375 no problem, I think because I didn't warm up as my body is used to, I wasn't able to deadlift as much as I thought I could. Nonetheless, the sets were brutally intense and while next week I know to warm-up more thoroughly, I'm not going to say this weeks deadlifts were a failure.

The negative chin-ups were brutal as well. I got 4 of 100 which I thought was plenty impressive, although next week I think I'll be switching to normal sets instead of just negative only sets.

A guy was waiting for the squat machine so not only was I motivated to get done with them quickly for the sake of intensity, but I had incentive because the guy wanted to use the squat rack. Probably my best exercise of the day.

T-Bar Row's were done to perfection as well. 2 up, 4 down and hit tmy back real hard.

Good all around workout. I'll be back in the gym tomorrow morning for my chest day which I'll post tonight. For the record, I'll be creating a routine for the summer in which my friend and I have agreed to be "workout partners".

Brother Sox!!!
Welcome back my Friend, excellent w/o imo!!!

Brother Sox!!!
Welcome back my Friend, excellent w/o imo!!!

It's good to be back. I really had a good year workout wise. I've put up 225 on the bench for a single and I'm pretty much like 147-148 (although I say 150). I just feel like I need to keep some order, get some input, some motivation, etc. and this is the perfect place to do it.

Thanks for the first response!

My plan for tomorrow:

Dumbell Press:
75 (2 minutes)
75 (30 seconds)

2 minutes

Smith Incline Press:
175 (2 minutes)
155 (30 seconds)

2 minutes

Cable Chest Fly:
50 (30 seconds)
50 (30 seconds)

2 minutes

Push-ups

I might go a little lighter on the dumbell press, I haven't done them in so long that I'm not sure what I'm going to be able to get. I'm choosing to do the Smith Machine because when you choose to workout that early, you can either get lucky and see someone worthwhile or you're left to ask the 90 pound nutrition major and I drop it on my neck. I also want to do push-ups at the end because I haven't done them in so long. Thoughts.

Just finished up my workout.

Another good one. I tried 75 to start, but I didn't do what I thought was a legit set. So I dropped it down to 65 and rolled from there.

Was dead at 7 but got 10 on my first set of 65, and then got 6 the second time through. Once I dropped the weight to 50, I got 9 good reps and couldn't get the 10th which I was going for.

Inclines were good, but with the intensity, 175 was a bit too high. Only was able to do a few reps but the rest of the incline sets were good.

I tried out those cable flies I was talking about in the training thread and all was well.

Good workout. I'm off -minus some cardio, stretching and abs that I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon- until thursday.

Long time no see................

Welcome back :)

Welcome back, SM!

I keep accidently reading this as high intensity sex

IML Gear Cream!
Solid w/o BRother Sox!!!

Solid w/o BRother Sox!!!
I keep accidently reading this as high intensity sex
Welcome back, SM!
Long time no see................

Welcome back :)

Jodi - Thanks! I never had any order in my working out since I've gotten to school, so I never got around to creating a journal. I'm back though and hopefully better than ever.

Pylon - Thanks man, I'm going to stumble upon your journal ASAP (after this Red Sox game ha) to see how your training has come along since I've left.

Don't Stop - I can't imagine my partner would be too happy if I had the same intensity I have in the gym, in the bedroom.

Arch - Thanks. Like I said to Pylon, I'm going to be checking up on your journal frequently.

Tomorrow's Leg Workout:

Deep Bottom Pause Squats:
205 (2 minutes)
205 (30 seconds)

2 minutes

SLDL:
225 (2 minutes)
225 (30 seconds)

Jog Across Town

Leg Extensions:
90 (2 minutes)
90 (30 seconds)

2 minutes

Leg Curls:
50 (2 minutes)
50 (30 seconds)

Leg Press Calf Raises:
315 (30 seconds)
315 (30 seconds)

Leg Press:

In my dorm we have a little gym with a squat rack, a bench press, some dumbells, and some treadmills. It's perfect for a few things but horrible for others. For isntance, recently I've been doing my squats and SLDL's in the small gym and then jog over to the big rec center to finish my workout. I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow.

I'm excited for it, probably going to get in bed early tonight. Will report back after my workout tomorrow afternoon early.

Excellent w/o BRother Sox!!!

A little premature but most of what I planned I got.

Those deep bottom squats are brutal. 205 may have been too much weight for me but I was huffing and puffing after the second rep. I managed to get 10 on the first set, which I was proud of. I was pretty much dead at 8, but for some reason double digits kept me motivated. The second set was equally as brutal but I managed 8, of course the last few reps weren't great, but I always seem to force myself to a nice a number (5,8,10,12,15,20). Third set I was just dead on...

I then went to my already set-up SLDL bar. I did very well over here on the first set, but I was dead after that. I tried stretching on my fifth rep on the second set by having the weight touch the ground, but I couldn't get out of that position and failed after 5. The next set I could barely muster 3.

After taking a bit of a breather because I felt like I was going to vomit, I did my jog over to the Rec Center. Once there, I completed my extensions, curls, and calves in no more than 10 minutes.

A real productive day. Not flawless, but I'm happy with it considering High Intensity leg days are more brutal than Grady Little leaving Pedro Martinez in to pitch in game seven of the 2003 ALCS. Just last week my squat and sldl portion of my leg routine took me 45 minutes. Today my entire workout took about a half hour (mainly because I walked/jogged across town to the other gym).

Good stuff. I have my shoulders and arms workout tomorrow and then I'm off on saturday.

Next week, with the Little 500, I'm going to be working out Sunday, Monday for sure and then decide on the other two days either tonight or tomorrow.

Tomorrows Arms/Delts Workout:

Seated Military Press:
105 (2 minutes)
105 (as soon as I remove 10 pounds)

2 minutes

Barbell Curls:
75 (2 minutes)
75 (30 seconds)

2 minutes

Negative Weighted Dips:
75 (2 minutes)
75 (30 seconds)
50 (both positive & negative)

2 minutes

Circuit w/o rest in between sets:

Dumbell Lateral Raise:

Dumbell Preacher Curls:

Cable Tricep Extensions:

repeat one more time

Its late and I've got class, a test no less, in 6 hours, but I think I'll be fine because I'll do what I need to do in the gym and then come home and sleep.

I had a good workout on Friday, but I didn't feel as if I had enough volume. For instance, I was completely sore after my back, chest, and leg days and then on Saturday I wasn't sore at all from this workout.

All and all a good workout, but I probably could have used some more volume.

I'm going to be working out tonight and tomorrow and then taking Tuesday off instead of working out Monday and Tuesday and taking off Wednesday.

Tonight's Workout:

CG Negative Chin-Ups:
75 (2 minutes)
75 (2 minutes)
50 (2 minutes)
25 (both negative & positive to failure)

T-Bar Row:
115 (2 minutes)
105 (2 minutes)
95 (2 minutes)

Lat Pulldown:
165 (2 minutes)
150 (2 minutes)
135 (2 minutes)

Single Arm Nautilus Row:
200 (2 minutes)
180 (2 minutes)
180 (2 minutes)

Cable Row:
120 (no rest)
105 (no rest)

Just an FYI.

I'm not gone. I'm not down. I'm not out.

I survived the Little 500, I've got dead week this week, and tests all next week. It's a strenuous time to be a college student, so I'll resume posting my workouts when I get home two weeks from yesterday.

Thanks for el cooperation.

Two weeks has passed. I got back last night. I've been searching for a club to workout at because I really don't want to workout at the one I've been going to for years now, mainly because it's too "old" for me.

This other club I'm thinking of joining is excellent, except its extremely expensive.

I'll figure out where I'm working out this summer tomorrow, for now I want to lay out the details of what it is I will be doing.

I'm going to be working out Sunday-Monday-Wednesday-Thursday, performing a four day split of Chest, Back/Traps, Legs, Shoulders/Arms.

I purchased Maximum Pump to go along with the CEE I'll start taking again aswell.

First workout of the summer begins tomorrow.

IML Gear Cream!
Before I post this pics, I must warn that these were taken during Little 500 week, where I took the entire week off (for the most part). Both are from Saturday (race day), where we woke up from an all night binge and no more than three hours of sleep on friday night at 9 to start drinking again. Needless to say, I took my first sip and was back in the game... Ugh, why am I posting these before pics...

n6831698_37605952_6009.jpg

n1155513091_30814520_3413.jpg

Busch Light is the drink of choice for youngins' - along with keystone, natty light and other cheap beers.

I should also admit that I rarely take my shirt off, it was an absolutely beautiful day and I was hammered. I'm not a "bro." Ha. Carry on.

Why don't you post your reps?

Why don't you post your reps?

Those were merely workouts that I had created and posted before actually performing it. I decided to just summarize instead of bringing pen to paper and writing each rep count down.

Sunday, May 6th 2007
Chest

I had a good workout yesterday and paid the ridiculous amount to join the best club around here. It's also nice to relax in the steam and sauna and shower before leaving. I felt a whole lot better yesterday than I normally do after I'm done working out.

I noticed that the weights were a lot heavier than what I was used to. I did 4 of 175 when a week earlier I was doing 8 easily of the same weight. I think its a combination of heavier weights and the fact that I've had the flu for the last week.

Nothing else to report, no PR's as you can probably imagine. Still, the club is fabulous and I'm looking for a great summer.

Back workout in a couple hours...

Sounds like a nice place to spend a few hours a day! :thumb:

Sounds like a nice place to spend a few hours a day! :thumb:

Well, for the first week or two of my summer yes, after that I become a real man working a desk job 9-5.. ugh.. I dread leaving college three years from now.. might have to take a victory lap and go for an extra year just to stay sane.. ;)

A lot of people go to college for seven years.

They're called doctors. :laugh:

I watch Scrubs, those hours are ridiculous. When would I find time to workout? No thanks to being a doctor. ;)

I'm heading to the gym now...

Back