• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

no pain no gain?

TKD

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi,

Does ''no pain no gain'' mean that if the next day my arms, legs, chest etc.. is not hurting that i did not do a good workout or i didn't do enough?

thanks.

I think most around here would say that getting sore the next day is not necessarily the sign of a good workout.

You can defintely have effective workouts and not get sore, and vice versa.

Personally, I like to get sore. :D

If you are referring to the meaning of the saying "No pain, no gain," it's not literal.

Kind of along the same lines as "No Rest for The Wicked".

The wicked sleep I know this for fact.;)

I thought it was ''No sleep for the weary''

like Reproman said, its not literal. It basically refers to those people who go into the gym and have a conversation between sets, never break a sweat and wonder why they never see any changes. You gotta get in there and bust your ass to get results.

I thought it was ''No sleep for the weary''

like Reproman said, its not literal. It basically refers to those people who go into the gym and have a conversation between sets, never break a sweat and wonder why they never see any changes. You gotta get in there and bust your ass to get results.

Exactly.

Some people argue that DOMs (the ache the next day or the day after that) is a sign that you didnt warm down properly. For me they come and go but I wouldnt say I aim to get them. I think "No pain, no gain" refers more to the idea that if you dont put maximum effort in during the exercise - you cant really expect to progress that much.

No. During a very successful 5x5 phase I had extremely little to no DOMS and had the best gains of my life. Pain does not equal gain.

This thread is should be a non-issue. Yanick answered the question.

Personally, as far as doing weights goes i like to feel some pain the next day. It's either telling me i worked my muscles damn good, or haha, in unfortunate situations i have bad form.

Cardio though, that can be a good workout and if you get sore from that, you need a break...which sucks because i like doing cardio everyday

Back