• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Two forms of squat in same leg day?

StanUk

Light weight!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys and gals

Has anyone ever done two kinds of squats in the same workout? For example 3 sets of back squats, then 3 sets of lunges (or another similar excersize) followed by 3 sets of hack squats (or another variation)?

Any thoughts on this?

Yes. All the time.

I do Std. squats and Bulgarian squats on the same day. It's an ass kicker.
This is my normal RR quad routine. :thumb:

Yah i usually have a squat orientated day.
I'll do barbell squats with plates under my feet, power rack squats, piles, hack squats...but never smith machine!

Surely, you can.

I do.

Hey guys and gals

Has anyone ever done two kinds of squats in the same workout? For example 3 sets of back squats, then 3 sets of lunges (or another similar excersize) followed by 3 sets of hack squats (or another variation)?

Any thoughts on this?
Even with knees that are fucked, I still do squats first followed by leg presses and then front squats. Squats are done with my heaviest weight for 6-8 reps, front squats are done with a weight that is barely manageable for 10-12 reps.

There might be a more logical way to do it depending on the overall program, but I have done this in the past when doing a split program.

Why would you need to do that?

Leg day example:
Deadlifts
Front squats
1-leg-RDL
lunges
+ isolation

Ok help a brother out. What are 1-leg-RDL....since I have terrible balance it sounds like a way for me to fall over. :roflmao:

Why would you need to do that?

If anything else, to save time.

4 x 6-10 back squats

3-4 x 8-10 Front Squats

Calves

Because of the amount of musculature involved in squats, why not do 2 heavy lifts? Maybe throw in lunges at the end or some other unilateral variable that could be rotated.

I do squats to where there is no possible way I could repeat another set.

IML Gear Cream!
Its just intense. My legs are completely through when Im done with squats.

Talking of "Safe", someone mentioned (above) that they never use the smith machine for squats. Is that just them, or is that something no-one should do?

I just bought my first smith machine tonight. I haven't done squats on it yet, but I'd heard it was possible.

Talking of "Safe", someone mentioned (above) that they never use the smith machine for squats. Is that just them, or is that something no-one should do?

I just bought my first smith machine tonight. I haven't done squats on it yet, but I'd heard it was possible.
Of course you can DO squats on the sm. I just wouldnt make it the very first exercise. Start with regular squats or leg presses and then add front squats to the mix. Lately, I like to (pre exhaust my quads with leg exts), move onto leg presses, then after five sets, move into regular squats and finish off with front squats on a smith machine supersetted with step ups. I get an amazing burn and have rendered my legs useless the following day.
I have learned that you need to have those knees wrapped tight, as that makes all the difference in the world.

Soreness and the burn don't mean jack shit and the smith machine is abysmal. Chances of injurying yourself are like ten times as big on a (smith) machine.
thats because people like you trip over their big fucking mouths when using it. Before opening read what I said again; nowhere does it say that a burn emphasizes growth genius.

This whole Smith Machine = Injury nonsense needs to stop.

Why is moving something in a fixed line "Bad"? I have no problem saying that free weights are the first option, but machines offer a few things that free weights cannot, such as full range tension, and for those of us who practice HIT type training, the ability to push beyond without the need of a spotter.

The smith machine nonsense needs to stop. Please explain to me why moving weights in one fixed line is not bad. Normal machines are bad with their fixed ranges of motion, but the smith machine is even worse with its 1 line of motion.
wow, you really need to take yourself out of this thread because all youre doing is looking really naive.

I do ATG squat's and then DB Lunges then either leg extensions or leg press. This week though I did 2 sets ATG, then 2 sets box squats...I usually do 4 sets of ATG.

Back