• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Using CowPimp's Guide my workout...

TKD

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone. OK i think by now everyone is starting to get a little annoyed with me for this i am very sorry.

I am a new comber and almost total beginner to the world of body building.
19years old, male, 6ft2 and 165lbs.

I have been reading Cowpimp's split routine and have come up with this routine that i also posted in another thread

OK cool I've been reading the guide and my plan is to do

Upper - Lower - Upper with a days rest in between.

But being new to this the names of all the movements and exercises are totally confusing the hell out of me... But ill give it a shot... trying to use free weights as most i can.

Day1 upper: Shoulders + Back

Shoulders:
Arnold Press + Front raise + Lying Rear Delt Row x 4sets 12reps

Back:
Not to sure what to do here apart from pull ups/chin ups.
Ive also had problems with back pain in the past and i don't want to start that again. So if someone can help me with what to do ill really appreciate it :)

Day 2 Rest :D

Day 3 Lower: Legs

Thighs:
Split Squat + Leg press + Leg curls x 4sets 12reps

Calf's:
Again not to sure what to do here.

Day 4 Rest :D

Day 5 upper: Chest + Arms

Chest:
Bench press + Dumbbell fly x 4sets 12reps

Arms:
Cable push down + Dumbbell curls x 4sets 12reps

Day 6 + 7 (weekends) i go to work so rest days.

Also for abs I'm going to do plank for 60seconds everyday.

This is my plan for the next 3-4months after which i hope i would have a strong base and can begin isolation work.

I have used this website ExRx Exercise & Muscle Directory to get the names and techniques of each exercise.

Also i plan on taking creating and whey protein.

Thanks for reading feel free to comment on what i need to change. :daydream:

Can someone please knock some sense into me. Thank you.

Back exercises are pullups, chinups, any kind of row, deadlifts (but I use them for legs myself), anything you pull is your back. Make sense?

Also if you are a complete beginner you will want to do some type of core work other than just planks for 60 seconds everyday, imo. Some stabilization core work like planks is a good idea, but only one set of 60 seconds. I would up that to 3 sets of 60.

I am not real sure what you are doing there. Are you supersetting things?
I wouldnt do that right now. I would simply work on tendon strength, leanring exercises, and working on getting everything lined out while in the gym.

As well as what DD said, id include a very thorough warmup and warmdown section to your sessions. More thorough than normal.

CP wrote a great thread on that too, so take a look at that. I used it to put together my warmup and it does wonders.

OK so more plank? but i was thinking with ab muscles less is more? But is my overall workout ok?

As for the question on super setting errrm i don't think i'm doing that?

Will take a look at the warm up and warm down thread.

Thanks.

Try and separate the exercises into Pushing/Pulling for Upper + Lower body.

If you're gonna be doing an Upper/Lower split make four workouts:

Upper Pull (4-6 Movements)
Lower Push (4-6 Movements)
Upper Push (4-6 Movements)
Lower Pull (4-6 Movements)

Or two workouts:

Total Upper (2-3 Pull Movements + 2-3 Push Movements)
Total Lower (2-3 Pull Movements + 2-3 Push Movements)

Then put them into a 2x, 3x, or 4x a week split. Though if you're new to this i wouldnt go above 3x a week. 4x a week is tough for anyone.

However many days you choose, just cycle the workouts between them in order.

I'm not sure which on you read, but read all of the stickies. It seems as though you are missing a lot of information that is right there.

Your lower body work has nothing that is really going to focus on hip extension (What I refer to as lower body pulling or hip/hamstring dominant lower body movements in the stickies). Leg curls are okay, but they don't get the glutes involved in hip extension.

You need more back stuff. As DD said, any pulling movement is working your back. Refer to the stickies where it lists a few pulling movements, and pick a couple from there. ExRx is another good resource in that regard.

Back