• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is eating bread fattening?

IML Gear Cream!
I'm no fitness expert BUT I have tried every diet known to man and woman and from my experience if I want to keep the spare tire off and my ass fitting in my jeans, I stay the eff away from bread. I tried an experiment with it not once but twice (just in case the first time was a fluke) stayed on my regular eating plan and maintained my weight consistantly - added bread twice a day but subtracted two similar portions of oatmeal - approximately 120 cals. So I was taking in the exact amount of calories. RESULT after two weeks -> I gained a spare tire and five pounds = nuff sed!

A simple carb = sugar

A Complex carb = Starch

this is BASIC bioligy.
Don't patrionise me i have a exercise, nutrition and health sciences degree and i know what i am talking about.

. . but you can't spell 'biology' :roflmao:

Don't patrionise me i have a exercise, nutrition and health sciences degree and i know what i am talking about.

Wow, alright then, i'm sure you won't have any problem providing some studies to back this statement.

Good tip for everyone, spicey food (especially chilli) boosts the metabolic rate by 50% for up to three hours aftr eating so get those spices on the go :]

I know it's galling to think of, but white rice is a good carb and fruit juice is, under most circumstances, a "bad" carb.

The difference comes from fructose. Fructose interferes with the normal satiety pattern that follows carbohydrate ingestion.

White rice, because it degrades into glucose, is thus a good carb. Fruit juice, because it is composed of various sugars, many of release fructose upon digestion, is a bad carb.

I have a LOT more to say on this if you're interested, but white rice is an excellent choice of peri-workout carbohydrate. It's generally non-allergenic, it is mostly glucose polymers, palatable, easy to prepare, and effective.

Sure, i'll check out some reads ya got.

A simple carb = sugar

A Complex carb = Starch

this is BASIC bioligy.

And yet you misspell 'biology' and 'patronize'. Maybe english wasn't part of the curriculum.

I will pay you in sweaty man-hugs if you can show me one iota of evidence that eating chili can increase my metabolism by 50% for 3 hours. And I give the best sweaty man-hugs around.

And yet you misspell 'biology' and 'patronize'. Maybe english wasn't part of the curriculum.

I will pay you in sweaty man-hugs if you can show me one iota of evidence that eating chili can increase my metabolism by 50% for 3 hours. And I give the best sweaty man-hugs around.

That offer is hard to pass up!

I require vids of said sweaty man-hugs.

Push and pull, you and I appear to be coming at the rice thing from different angles.

Is brown more nutritious? Absolutely. Does this matter? That depends.

If you're a whole-food vegan and derive more than half your daily calories from rice, then yes, it's important.

If you're a non-athlete who is trying to avoid becoming obese by eating foods that are more filling, then again, brown rice might be more helpful than white. IMO you should still be looking toward meat and veg for most of your calories, but there you have it.

If you're a well-nourished bodybuilder using rice as an appropriate carbohydrate choice, either will do. You aren't getting much of your nutrition from rice anyway. You've got so much surplus, the smidgen of extra fibre and the odd micronutrient you're getting from the brown might not be worth the bother. If you're a hardgainer and have trouble getting in enough calories, stick with white rice - it's less filling. If you're dieting and trying to feel fuller, use the brown.

The satiety one feels after a meal is referred to as postprandial satiety. In normally insulin-sensitive people (ie young males who have never been fat), postprandial satiety is high after a carbohydrate meal - the insulin response triggers this satiety response, leptin comes up, ghrelin goes down, and you feel fed.

Here's the kicker: we used to look at high-GI foods as the bad guys. This meant that frustose was considered a healthy choice, since it barely registers an insulin response. Sounds good, right? Except that in healthy normals, that very same insulin response stimulates satiety. Eat something with fructose in it, and that ordinary insulin response is blunted, and the satiety response is impaired. This means that a diet high in fructose can make even a healthy-normal overeat, since the normal satiety response that says "okay, dude, you can stop eating now" doesn't kick in with the insulin response.

Thus a "good" carb is a carb that has little or no fructose in it.

Rice - brown OR white - has little or no fructose.

Table sugar, fruit, fruit juice, and soda pop contains fructose. Thus fruit juice is a "bad" carb, just like any of the other fructose-containing choices.

One of my favourite post workout carbs is kheer, an Indian style rice pudding, that I make with white rice, skim milk and dextrose.

Got Built? » Kheer – it’s not just for bodybuilders anymore…

Works a charm - good carbohydrate, virtually no fructose, very low fat, perfect. :)

I require vids of said sweaty man-hugs.

You will have to settle for a pic. I am the obviously straight one who is not being at all awkward.

z196552760.jpg

Breads in general are healthy to eat especially if you don't put some jam or spreads on it. Whole wheat bread is very good for the body because it contains lots of fiber which is necessary for good digestion and detoxification.

IML Gear Cream!
There are far better sources of fibre than wheat.

Eat it it you like it.

Keeping this thread alive for generations to come.
I love bread and the world and its dog knows its not fattening its the globs of butter we put on it that is.

Finding an alternative to butter is almost impossible. Every supermarket in the UK has shelves and shelves of butter alternatives promising this or that but on inspection of the fine print on the packets you see fat content that is always near 30% or higher. And the taste ? YUK!

I try and kid myself by only putting a smear of butter on my toast in the morning but I end up having several slices.
NOT GOOD.

But I love bread !!!!!
The person that creates a butter alternative that does not taste of chemical waste and has zero fat will make a fortune.

This thread must not be allowed to die because it saves loaves.

Im eAting pancakes right fuckn now!

3 days in a row. Am i getting fat? No. Im getting super swoll and moor aesthetic.

Wtf was i thinking on this paleo shit? Huh? FUCKING ANSWER ME

IIRC correctly, i read somewhere that most people are actually allergic to gluten and don't realize it.. as a result, their intestines/GI tract/whatever becomes inflamed which would broaden the gut in a superficial way

I'm one of those people :( Since I cut out gluten I look and feel so much better!

Keeping this thread alive for generations to come.
I love bread and the world and its dog knows its not fattening its the globs of butter we put on it that is.

Finding an alternative to butter is almost impossible. Every supermarket in the UK has shelves and shelves of butter alternatives promising this or that but on inspection of the fine print on the packets you see fat content that is always near 30% or higher. And the taste ? YUK!

I try and kid myself by only putting a smear of butter on my toast in the morning but I end up having several slices.
NOT GOOD.

But I love bread !!!!!
The person that creates a butter alternative that does not taste of chemical waste and has zero fat will make a fortune.

This thread must not be allowed to die because it saves loaves.
No one macronutrient makes us fat. Otherwise the Massai who drink blood, milk, and eat tons of meat would be obese- you know, instead of tall and thin?

Back