• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Leg curl Substitutes

Goodfella9783

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What could I do for leg curling rather than using the leg extension attachment section of home gyms? I've found that ankle weights don't really go high and can't really think of other curling exercises for the hamstrings. Any input?

Zercher-good Mornings and RDLs.

Yeah I do deads but good mornings aren't too nice on my lower back. What is the Zercher type, just the barbell hanging rather than behind the neck? Thanks. Any hamstring isolation movements?

Leg curls are an unnatural movement. The glutes and the hamstrings are never seperated in natural movements.

Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with adding Leg Curls into a well-designed workout.

Plus, nothing destroys my hamstrings quite like 2/1 Leg Curls. :)

Yeah I do deads but good mornings aren't too nice on my lower back. What is the Zercher type, just the barbell hanging rather than behind the neck? Thanks. Any hamstring isolation movements?

Yeah, a Zercher-good Morning is where you hold the bar in the crook of your arms. Because of simple lever mechanics, it seems to hit the hamstring better than regular Good-mornings.

RDL's and pull throughs are good ways to work the hams, just make sure you keep knee flexion to a minimum.

Anyone know of any type of attachments? Like I was thinking of using high resistant bands, heavy weights that can fit around the ankle, ect. Just wondering if there are any obvious attachments out there specifically designed for ham curls. Just exploring ;)

How about lying on your back with your feet one the floor, knees bent and doing hip raises? you can always add a plate on you hips to add resistance.

Here are a few more ideas that you can easily do at home...

- Cleans and snatches
- Car pushing or sled dragging
- Glute ham raise- Place a pad on the floor (for your knees) in front of a loaded bb that is heavier than you are. Wrap a towel around the middle of the bar. Kneel on the pad with your feet hooked under the towel (butt facing the bar). When ready, bend forward with arms crossed (or bent in front of you- for safety reasons) and lower yourself down until your nose almost touches the floor, now raise yourself back up using your hamstrings.
- Single leg RDL's using db's
- DB swings
- Single leg curl rollouts using an exercise ball
- Single and double leg hops over or onto an object or jumping on the spot as high as you can pulling in you knees to your chest

IML Gear Cream!
Here are a few more ideas that you can easily do at home...

- Cleans and snatches
- Car pushing or sled dragging
- Glute ham raise- Place a pad on the floor (for your knees) in front of a loaded bb that is heavier than you are. Wrap a towel around the middle of the bar. Kneel on the pad with your feet hooked under the towel (butt facing the bar). When ready, bend forward with arms crossed (or bent in front of you- for safety reasons) and lower yourself down until your nose almost touches the floor, now raise yourself back up using your hamstrings.
- Single leg RDL's using db's
- DB swings
- Single leg curl rollouts using an exercise ball
- Single and double leg hops over or onto an object or jumping on the spot as high as you can pulling in you knees to your chest

Some great ideas. Thanks :thumb:

Back