• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

6 pack

zeus18

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
how do you get rid of the thin layer of fat covering your abs...which seem to hide them? my stomach is flat, and abs are kinda visible, but they would be alot more visible if that layer was gone.

get on the decline bench. lift it all the way up. grab a 45. hold it against your chest. do as many situps as you can. mix in some negatives. repeat,repeat,repeat

watch your diet really well

he said his stomach was flat. i have abs with a flat stomach

Yes?

He said he wanted them more visible, the way to do this is to get rid of fat, to get rid of fat you must adjust your diet...

Whats your point?

cause weighted abb work and diet will get you a six pack alot faster then diet alone:clapping: thats my point

How will it? Explain.

You cant spot reduce fat, and any abdominal hypertrophy that can be gained is pretty negligible, even more so when theres a layer of fat over the top of it...

he said their is a little layer of fat not a belly. Diet by itself will not make you cut it can make you skinny, but not cut. you got to lift weights to be cut. most people abs show a little at 10% still some fat on your belly. abs will grow when you work them hard.

IML Gear Cream!
he said their is a little layer of fat not a belly. Diet by itself will not make you cut it can make you skinny, but not cut. you got to lift weights to be cut. most people abs show a little at 10% still some fat on your belly. abs will grow when you work them hard.

What do you think a belly is? FAT. The layer of FAT over his abs is the same FAT that makes up a belly, theres just LESS OF IT. The same process of losing fat will work whether you have 24% bf or 10%, it just needs to be stricter the lower your bf% actually is.

Lifting weights is a given, but you can lift weights forever on the same diet configuration and see no fat loss at all.

Thats why fixing your diet is so critical if you want to lower your bf%. Sure, a small amount of abdominal hypertrophy may help, but if they are covered by fat you simply wont see them.

lifting weights show the cuts and builds on the abs but if he doesn't have visible abs then Diet should his most concern.

like i said he doesn't have a belly waste of time talking about it.

Dude, seriously, a "belly" and a thin layer of fat are made from the same stuff! Why do you have this idea that they are different things? They are the same! The same are they! They = the same thing! They both = fat, though in different quantities. They can both be eliminated the same way - THROUGH DIET!!!

ex

nrichiebikini081206_1_1.jpg

damn, I want to puke my breakfast up looking at that anorexic chick.

you pretty much need weight training cardio and diet to produce good abs, but weight training not as much. you can do as many situps as you want, but you are still always going to have that little layer of fat over your stomach, no matter how defined and thick your ab muscles are. you need a good diet and to throw in some cardio too for the most part to reveal those abs.

I found PERFECT, I mean PERFECT, absolutely perfect diet and daily morning fasted cardio got rid of my stubborn fat around my gut. Now I don't look like one of the male models on the front of a magazine, but I am satisfied.

Most people will tell you that morning FASTED cardio is catabolic, but I found it works for me (I am 42 yrs old) as long as your diet is again, PERFECT!

I also found the cardio to be more effective or less catabolic if it is light, especially if you are morning fasted. So I wake up, have a black coffee(optional), lots of cold water(this speeds up the morning bathroom break) then on to the treadmill before work.

I have been successful in losing fat, but not in the gut, UNTIL I started doing morning cardio every day. Sure others will argue that it is bad, but you have to try what is right for your body type. IF you are losing the hard earned muscle because of fasted cardio, you are probably running too hard while being fasted. I use a heart rate monitor so I know that I am not overdoing it.
My heart rate never goes above 130.

I run for 30 min every morning at 6:30 am depending how I feel. If I am burnt out, I don't do it that day. Generally I run for 3 mornings straight in a row, then skip one or even two days. I work my abs every two OR three days.

I eat properly, don't drink alcohol (OK, the odd glass of wine maybe)
I don't use drugs of any kind. (Pretty dull, eh?) But at my age its SUPER hard to get to my goal. If you are younger, it should be a great deal easier.

One more thing, an MP3 player or some music usually helps me to get through the 30 min, especially if I am just NOT "into it" that day. I also found that after the first 10 minutes, its easy and I could probably run for a couple of hours.

Good Luck

edit:
I forgot to add that I have a shoulder injury and I had to stop weight training until the surgery, and a few months thereafter. So all I do now is morning cardio and ab training along with a PERFECT diet.

Dude, seriously, a "belly" and a thin layer of fat are made from the same stuff!

not always true

visceral fat and subcutaneous fat are very different. someone having a "belly" is more likely to have visceral fat, thin layers of fat are usually associated with subcutaneous fat.

IML Gear Cream!
I found PERFECT, I mean PERFECT, absolutely perfect diet and daily morning fasted cardio got rid of my stubborn fat around my gut. Now I don't look like one of the male models on the front of a magazine, but I am satisfied.

Most people will tell you that morning FASTED cardio is catabolic, but I found it works for me (I am 42 yrs old) as long as your diet is again, PERFECT!

I also found the cardio to be more effective or less catabolic if it is light, especially if you are morning fasted. So I wake up, have a black coffee(optional), lots of cold water(this speeds up the morning bathroom break) then on to the treadmill before work.

I have been successful in losing fat, but not in the gut, UNTIL I started doing morning cardio every day. Sure others will argue that it is bad, but you have to try what is right for your body type. IF you are losing the hard earned muscle because of fasted cardio, you are probably running too hard while being fasted. I use a heart rate monitor so I know that I am not overdoing it.
My heart rate never goes above 130.

I run for 30 min every morning at 6:30 am depending how I feel. If I am burnt out, I don't do it that day. Generally I run for 3 mornings straight in a row, then skip one or even two days. I work my abs every two OR three days.

I eat properly, don't drink alcohol (OK, the odd glass of wine maybe)
I don't use drugs of any kind. (Pretty dull, eh?) But at my age its SUPER hard to get to my goal. If you are younger, it should be a great deal easier.

One more thing, an MP3 player or some music usually helps me to get through the 30 min, especially if I am just NOT "into it" that day. I also found that after the first 10 minutes, its easy and I could probably run for a couple of hours.

Good Luck

edit:
I forgot to add that I have a shoulder injury and I had to stop weight training until the surgery, and a few months thereafter. So all I do now is morning cardio and ab training along with a PERFECT diet.

Please don't take offense to this, but:

if you want any kind of decent physique, ignore all of this advice. Running in a catabolic state is sheer insanity if you want any kind of muscle to be retained, and even if you don't, it's pretty stupid. Running every day at age 42 is going to eventually destroy your knees. I know a 20 year old girl who just got knee surgery because of doing marathons for the last 6 years. If you think impact force isn't going to wear out your legs at your age, you will eventually come to a rude awakening.

Running in a catabolic state is not "better" for fat loss. In fact your results would be infinitely better if you didn't do that.

Also, resistance training is the key to fitness, not mindless jogging at a low intensity. Sprinting has 10 times the value, because it is brief and instigates a muscle-growth response.

Please don't take offense to this, but:

if you want any kind of decent physique, ignore all of this advice. Running in a catabolic state is sheer insanity if you want any kind of muscle to be retained, and even if you don't, it's pretty stupid. Running every day at age 42 is going to eventually destroy your knees. I know a 20 year old girl who just got knee surgery because of doing marathons for the last 6 years. If you think impact force isn't going to wear out your legs at your age, you will eventually come to a rude awakening.

Running in a catabolic state is not "better" for fat loss. In fact your results would be infinitely better if you didn't do that.

Also, resistance training is the key to fitness, not mindless jogging at a low intensity. Sprinting has 10 times the value, because it is brief and instigates a muscle-growth response.

No offence taken. HOWEVER I did not begin to lose the unwanted layer of fat over my abs UNTIL I started running in the morning. There are millions of heated debates regarding whether or not it is catabolic
(or stupid as you put it)

I don't know very many guys that can lose weight on their mid section and still build muscle, its virtually (not totally) IMPOSSIBLE, even if you are a genetically gifted individual.

Everyone's body is different.

Running every day at age 42 is going to eventually destroy your knees.

I would think sprinting would be a hell of a lot worse for your knees!

I responded to a thread, explaining what is working for me, It shouldn't work the same for everyone. And besides, what is more important, losing your big fat gut or having a few more pounds of muscle on your body?

Sometimes people have to see the REALITY. Most people are NOT here to become the next arnold, they just want to become healthier and look good.

NOBODY can go on a strict fat loss diet and NOT lose **SOME** muscle, even if you are eating enough to support your weight and your diet is clean.

Good Luck

can't cut what you don't have. I think you have to do AB work to build up some muscle to show. My bet is he doesn't do any AB work that would give him abs. Thats like saying diet is going to give you a peak to your bi's...not if you don't have the muscle there to show.

By the sounds of it he doesnt' have much fat on his stomach.

By no means am I saying diet is not the main focus when trying to get lean. I am just saying no matter how lean you get you won't have something to show off if its not there to begin with.

how do you get rid of the thin layer of fat covering your abs...which seem to hide them? my stomach is flat, and abs are kinda visible, but they would be alot more visible if that layer was gone.

i bet he's sorry he asked now :roflmao:

You guys kill me.

Okay the scoop on abs. There are many examples of people who are super skinny and you can see their abs when they flex or what not simply because there's nothing there to get in the way of the muscles. There needs to be a balance of both ab targetted exercise as well as an extrordinary focus on your diet.

You can control your diet immensly and get down to it you'll have a six pack but it will be rather pathetic for the most part. Also giving your abs a marathon workout consisting of very high reps... crunches, leg lifts, you name it really isn't going to do much. To give your abs more "presence" you'll need to BUILD them the same way you'd build any other muscle group. Slow rep, LOW rep, weighted exercise that really puts some good resistance to you will help build them up to be more prominent.

This is something I thought most people on this forum had figured out by now, you can't attack anything from one angle and get good results. You need to research, fine tune, and attack from all possible angles. In this case do the right exercises, have the right diet, and stay dedicated.

Back