• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Weight training and your heart

Stewart14

Weapon of Choice
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have always wondered this, so I will ask. Two of the main reasons to do "cardio" is to burn fat and work out your heart. If you exercise with weights intensely, how does this compare to high intensity cardio as far as the strengthening your heart goes?

When your heart is beating 160 times per minute after an intense set of squats, or whatever, does this have the same effect as a 30 second sprint does as far as conditioning your heart?

sprinting and weight training are anaerobic workouts. Your heart rate goes up and you are definetly using a great deal of oxygen, however it's about keeping your heart rate at a high level for a continuous period of time. Keeping your heart rate up for at least 20 minutes is what works the heart best.

P comment on this please. I would like to get a very informed answer here.

sprinting adn lifting are both anaerobic, yes. I made a long post on this before, but I can't seem to find it. I don't feel like typing as much though.....lol. Anyway, you have to look at things like blood not being able to return to the heart as easily do to compression (causing pooling). This would make your heart work harder to pump out a smaller amount of blood (since there is less return). Runners get the runners heart (hypertrophy of the left ventrical), while lifters (think what they said Arnold had) get a different sort of hypertrophy. So, while they may be similiar (lifting and sprints), they are not exactly the same.

Back