• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I cleaned 205 for singles yesterday...

PWGriffin

The Damned
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
yippee....I'm still working on the form...but as it gets better my clean will go up and up!!

I've got the double knee bend down...but since I started doing that...I am straight jumping off the ground...great explosiveness..but I don't get under the weight as quickly as I did before. Once I can do both...I think I will be cleaning like a monster!!!

My traps are hella sore by the way....

Cool man, well done.

I been trying to implement some power/oly lifts into my w/o's. I read somewhere that snatches are better than cleans so I been doing them. Ofcourse many ppl say begin with a light weight but damn I just can't do this exercise with a light weight!!! Argh! I just go all slow and stupid.

I do I think, 4 sets of 4-5 with 65 kg for now. I'm guessing my 1 rep max will be 80-90kg.

I don't think I shall go too heavy though without a trainer, I just can't find one. )-:

Was your traps sore from those lifts alone? I never get sore from my reps so low.

And I hope this doesn't sound dumb but what's the double knee bend you mentioned? I can't picture a single knee bend clean. LOL

good stuff.

if you aren't getting under it quicker, you may be focusing to much on the 'jump' off the ground. that jump (or the feet breaking the floor) just happens naturally....and sometimes it may not happen at all as you extend all the way and then drop under the bar (my feet barely leave the floor, and sometimes not at all). Remeber, when our feet leave the ground, we lose power. You need to focus on extending and then getting under the bar...not necessarily jumping off the ground.

Nice going dude :thumb:

I cant figure out the oly lifts, so all the respect in the world for actually getting the form, haha.

Cool man, well done.

I been trying to implement some power/oly lifts into my w/o's. I read somewhere that snatches are better than cleans so I been doing them. Ofcourse many ppl say begin with a light weight but damn I just can't do this exercise with a light weight!!! Argh! I just go all slow and stupid.

I do I think, 4 sets of 4-5 with 65 kg for now. I'm guessing my 1 rep max will be 80-90kg.

I don't think I shall go too heavy though without a trainer, I just can't find one. )-:

Was your traps sore from those lifts alone? I never get sore from my reps so low.

And I hope this doesn't sound dumb but what's the double knee bend you mentioned? I can't picture a single knee bend clean. LOL

There are 4 phases to the power clean...first pull, scoop, second pull, catch. The scoop is where u bend ur knees again when u clear ur knees before explosively extending ur hips and knees.

Yeah, my traps get hella sore from heavy cleans.

OT Griffin, but i've always liked that DP. Testosterone in a picture yes?

Great going, man! Nice job on getting good at so technical a lift!

nice work.

Power Cleans or Cleans?

I'm up to 185 for reps of 4 in power cleans

power cleans...I was pulling from the ground, into maybe a quarter squat.

We're pretty close then, cuz I pull 185 for triples pretty well. Lately it's gotten easier...hence the 205 attempts.

Nice work PW! Form is always my biggest thing. I have muscled 225 for a few reps, but I realize my form is absolutly horrible, so I dont try that kind of weight. 205 is impressive!

Back