• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Breakfast Proteins.....I need new ideas

Uthinkso

Go on....DO IT!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm burned out on egg whites and oats. Somebody throw me some new ideas for breakfast proteins.

Protein Pancakes. There are a few recipes on the site.

A shake.

Steak

Get some highly seeded wholemeal bread, put grated cheese on one slice, add tuna mixed with a little mayo or cottage cheese, more grated cheese on top, other slice of bread on top of that, then lightly brown the whole lot in a frying pan (no oil) for a few minutes, turning until the cheese melts and the bread is brown!

Yum yum :lick: :chomp:

Get some highly seeded wholemeal bread, put grated cheese on one slice, add tuna mixed with a little mayo or cottage cheese, more grated cheese on top, other slice of bread on top of that, then lightly brown the whole lot in a frying pan (no oil) for a few minutes, turning until the cheese melts and the bread is brown!

I'm going to do this for the weekend because it sounds delicious. I just don't have the time during the week in the morning. I get up, get my daughter ready for the sitter and feed her then I'm out the door after I'm ready. I have about 10 minutes total prep/cook time.

I've tried making my food the night before.

Then do a shake

PP
Cultured Yougurt
Oat Bran
Milled Flaxseed
Berries
Skim Milk

Steak

Extra lean ground beef + eggs is heaven

Fish

Cottage Cheese

How about eggwhites shakes? I use them everyday... just pump a few ounces, add your favorite juice, stir good, drink and go!

Cheers

-Brian

I dont know how some of you can stomach it.

Yeah you know you're on a crazed BB diet when you can honestly call a mixture of tuna, cheese, and cottage cheese "delicious."

Fell back on an old standard this morning.

One cup 2% fat cottage cheese
6oz Fat Free Yogurt with Fruit (raspberry)
Multi-vitamin

Away I go its light easy, I get some good protein and good calories. Best of all its compact and I can eat it once I get to work here as I am now.

Fell back on an old standard this morning.

One cup 2% fat cottage cheese
6oz Fat Free Yogurt with Fruit (raspberry)
Multi-vitamin

Away I go its light easy, I get some good protein and good calories. Best of all its compact and I can eat it once I get to work here as I am now.

Ditch the premixed yougurt.

Get a cultured yougurt and throw in your own berries.

I know in the other thread you said you use egg beaters, how about just using the whole egg for a while, the egg whites are pretty bland. My standard breakfast is two eggs over easy on bread with a little mayo and a pile of pepper. When I screw up and overcook the yolk it just isn't as good.

Peas have high protein, get some delicious sugar snap peas to compliment whatever else you are eating, not to cook, to eat raw. It's hard to beat the prep time on raw food. I like to eat my cottage cheese with some mandarins (just buy it in a small can, they are less than a dollar). Mandarins can be whatever your choice, canned fruit works just fine here, can dump or drink the juice depending on the type of syrup they are in... I prefer things like mandarins, pineapple chunks, stuff like that, but pretty much any fruit works great. I don't know how much protein is in cottage cheese.

I know in the other thread you said you use egg beaters, how about just using the whole egg for a while, the egg whites are pretty bland. My standard breakfast is two eggs over easy on bread with a little mayo and a pile of pepper. When I screw up and overcook the yolk it just isn't as good.

Sounds like a good deal, I should look into this.

When i used to work 6am-2pm at a hospital I'd get into work for about 6am or 5 past, with 1 scoop of whey in a container, a tupperware container 1/2 filled with oats, a shaker and a pint of milk and a spoon. mixed whey with milk, poured over the oats and ate it with the spoon.

When i used to work 6am-2pm at a hospital I'd get into work for about 6am or 5 past, with 1 scoop of whey in a container, a tupperware container 1/2 filled with oats, a shaker and a pint of milk and a spoon. mixed whey with milk, poured over the oats and ate it with the spoon.

The texture of that would make me want to yack. I eat some wild things, even stuff that doesn't "taste" good per say. The texture however would push me over the edge.

Protein shake. You just woke up from an 8 hour "fast", and whey is digested/assimilated very fast compared to other sources. That way you feed your muscles/body and keep it from going catabolic.

How about eggwhites shakes? I use them everyday... just pump a few ounces, add your favorite juice, stir good, drink and go!

Cheers

-Brian

You wont get the full benefit(IE protein) from raw whites.

IML Gear Cream!
Speaking of breakfast ideas....I tried an old standard yesterday. I sprinkled a scoop of protein on my cooked oatmeal and I instantly smelled the Muscle & Oats scent from CytoSport.

I hate their oatmeals...too gunky and tastes like shit.

Anyway, even though it smelled like it, it wasnt as bad, but I put maybe a 1/4 of the scoop in... I cant imagine putting any more than that in there.

Speaking of breakfast ideas....I tried an old standard yesterday. I sprinkled a scoop of protein on my cooked oatmeal and I instantly smelled the Muscle & Oats scent from CytoSport.
Anyway, even though it smelled like it, it wasnt as bad, but I put maybe a 1/4 of the scoop in... I cant imagine putting any more than that in there.

The whole foods idea still works w/some whey added.
I like the ideas listed, especially the steak or fish in the morning.
Currently I eat this breakfast:
--Steel Cut Oatmeal (microwaved in big glass bowl)
--After cooking, add blueberries/strawberries/apple/almond butter and
two scoops Whey, and pecans, tablespoon of Flax Seed Oil and you're
good to go....
--then add three whole eggs on the side (again microwaved including the yolks!) If you're exercising regularly your cholesterol will stay low even with all the yolks (which have essential nutrients helpful for muscle building).

My whey from True Protein has an orange flavor, not going over well in much.

I've got a few new ideas from this thread, and recylced some old ones. I'm good.

tuna in the morning??? Thats fucking nasty

eggwhites and white rice pancakes

Peas have high protein, get some delicious sugar snap peas to compliment whatever else you are eating, not to cook, to eat raw. It's hard to beat the prep time on raw food. I like to eat my cottage cheese with some mandarins (just buy it in a small can, they are less than a dollar). Mandarins can be whatever your choice, canned fruit works just fine here, can dump or drink the juice depending on the type of syrup they are in... I prefer things like mandarins, pineapple chunks, stuff like that, but pretty much any fruit works great. I don't know how much protein is in cottage cheese.

Peas are not a good protein source. They are a starchy vegetable.

Cottage cheese is very rich in slow digesting proteins (casein).

Canned fruit in concentrated fruit juice or syrup--you might as well just have a sprite with your breakfast.

But snap peas raw are yummy.

You wont get the full benefit(IE protein) from raw whites.

How so?

Liquid egg whites have a BV of 100, and because their nitrogen retention is also 100, they are the reference protein.

They're not like tomatoes, wherein lycopene is concentrated during cooking.

Unless there has been some new discovery since I was studying Nutritional Sciences...

Protein shake. You just woke up from an 8 hour "fast", and whey is digested/assimilated very fast compared to other sources. That way you feed your muscles/body and keep it from going catabolic.

You really need carbohydrates to prevent going catabolic. After a fast, unless you include carbs, your body will create them from proteins (gluconeogenesis), this is a very inefficient process wherein your protein is disassembled.

I start every morning with meat (beef). Sometimes I add e.g.g s, sometimes nuts or
avocado.

Back