• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

PWO Shake Recommendations PLEASE. Want high carb, high protein, low sugar, low fat.

IML Gear Cream!
I always thought simple carbs replaced glycogen stores quickly which was best post workout, or is a mix of simple and complex best?

Jodi's advice probably dead on. I used to go the high GI way, but now I love the other with yogurt, fruit oats and whey.

Cytogainer is fine for a high GI spike, but is it really needed? I think not.

Taking CytoGainer at the moment. 580cal, 79carb(6g sugar), 54gprotein, 98%lactose free, 96% fat free(45cal fat). + Tastes Yummy!

Alternatives?

Ok I read the whoel thread and instead of saying the same shit others have, Ill just say that I am a big fan of Cytogainer. I am. I drank the gunk all the time during my bulk.

Youre asking if there is a better shake out there with less fat arent you? Well, I honestly dont know, but I am sure there is. However, i dont think you NEED it. Big G arent you an ectomorph? If so, why care about the fat shit then? Cuz its sweet, oh, I remember. Well get a different flavor since you like the product so much.

Mix it with milk for more calories or eat a banana with it.

WRONG! You don't NEED simple sugar PWO. You need carbs PWO. Ectomorphs/Hardgainers are probably better off with simple sugars but everyone else, I suggest complex.

Gee Whizz! :spaz: Honest to God, I just now came back from buying oats, yogurt and bananas (among other things) and came up here to see what your recommendation was on quantites of each for a homemade shake. Now you go and type that. LOL.

For the record, I'm definitely ectomorphic. When I moved from UK to US in '98 I was 25yrs old, 6'2" and 147lb. I looked like a boney, white, bean-stalk. From 25 to 33 I gained 45lb (Mmm! Sausage gravy...) but was looking pretty chubby. From November to March (this year) I lost 33lb, leaving me at 161lb, 8-10%bf. I've since gained about 6lb of what appears to be just good ol' lean meat and I'm actually starting to look kind-of buff, a little bit anyway. I'm still a kind-of gangly though. My waist is about 31". I think I'll fill out nicely though, as time goes by. My guess is ecto-meso 75:25

I'm still going downstairs now though, to make one of those homemade shakes. :p

And, Iain... I ordered some Whey Gourmet (white chocolate). Man, that sounds good. It should arrive here soon, I guess. Thx for that one.:thumb:

Scold me if you will, but boy, did you come off as a prick at the beginning of this thread.

Iain 4 President.

:paddle: ;)

Youre asking if there is a better shake out there with less fat arent you?

No. I was just asking about alternatives. A change of flavor. Other options. I dunno. Just other products that'd be comparable/better/different.

I had no idea it would turn into this huge, mind-blowing, ongoing thread. I thought someone would say "Try XYZ-PWO Shake. You'll love it." and that'd be the end of it.

Now, here I am, an almost-professor in the biochemical makeup of malto-freakin'-dextrin just trying to find out WTF everyone's so strung out about.

It said "complex carbs only" right on the tub! I had no idea it was hydrogen-linked simple-sugar-wadjamaflips that was in it. I swear. A shelf of supplements to the newbie is like a mine-field!

Scoop whey protein in blender
Measure yogurt and put in blender
Measure oats and put in blender
Peel banana and put it in the blender
Plug in Blender and press start
Pour and drink.:)

Shoot. You never did say how much of everything you use. Playing with FitDay I found 2cups yogurt, 1½srvngs whey, ¼cup oats and a banana makes 616cal 54%carbs, 41%protein, but isn't that a lot of yogurt? How many oats do you tend to add?

I haven't made one yet. I think it sounds kind-of disgusting, especially sat in the fridge all day, but I'm gonna try. I think I'll wait until I've got the right mix though. I don't wanna gross myself out unnecessarily!

Shoot. You never did say how much of everything you use. Playing with FitDay I found 2cups yogurt, 1½srvngs whey, ¼cup oats and a banana makes 616cal 54%carbs, 41%protein, but isn't that a lot of yogurt? How many oats do you tend to add?

I haven't made one yet. I think it sounds kind-of disgusting, especially sat in the fridge all day, but I'm gonna try. I think I'll wait until I've got the right mix though. I don't wanna gross myself out unnecessarily!

Use your brain, if you think the yoghurt is too much then use 1/2 yoghurt half milk or water.

IML Gear Cream!
i think the answer he's looking for is what ratio of protein to carbs. In that case, I have always gone with 20-40g of protein and taking in his bodyweight considerations, I'd say probably about ehhhhh..... .5g x bodyweight for
carbs. Anyone concur?

G, part of the discovery of bbing is what works for YOU. Not 5000 others. I weigh 217, my caloric requirements are different from yours, PFunks and leg press. Figure out what works for you and throw the fucking clito-gainer away. Its shit.

Back