• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Official UFC 74 Thread

MCx2

Señor Member
Registered
Reaction score
couture:))), koscheck, grove, stevenson, sobral, huerta and guida ftw.

Too awesome lightweight fighters in there, Guida and Huerta. They should be facing off. Or maybe Tyson Griffin v. Roger Huerta someday.

I've got:
- Gonzaga
- Koscheck
- Grove
- Stevenson
- "Babalu"
- Huerta
- Aurelio
- Lutter

Looks just as good as UFC 73, if not better IMO.

^ I think on paper 73 looked better on paper than this card, but if these guys push the fights for a non-decision, then it could def. be better.

I'm really on the fence about Randy vs. Gonzaga, but I'm leaning toward spectacular 2nd round KO for Zags. I see Grove choking Cote out early on.

I almost didn't post a pic for either of these, but I like Randy and want him to win. A popularity pic isn't exactly a good way to place my money but I will. I'd also say that he's is in a great place mentally and has no issues with training for this ... his last big hoorah in MMA. I think he can withstand Gonzaga's striking with the same strat he used on Dorkboy. Strike, damage, and move. He's a damn smart fighter.

It will either be a TKO from Cote or a sub win for Grove. I'm thinking with the sub losses Cote has endured he's been working his ground game in expectation of Grove so I gave Cote the nod.

I almost didn't post a pic for either of these, but I like Randy and want him to win. A popularity pic isn't exactly a good way to place my money but I will. I'd also say that he's is in a great place mentally and has no issues with training for this ... his last big hoorah in MMA. I think he can withstand Gonzaga's striking with the same strat he used on Dorkboy. Strike, damage, and move. He's a damn smart fighter.

It will either be a TKO from Cote or a sub win for Grove. I'm thinking with the sub losses Cote has endured he's been working his ground game in expectation of Grove so I gave Cote the nod.

I'm with you, I really, really, really, REALLY want Randy to win so with that mindset I decided I'd go with Gonzaga. I like Cote a lot too, so I'm hoping your theory is right but Grove's size coupled with the improvements he's made over the past year makes him tough for anyone @ 185 IMO.

Grove is one of Tito's guys isnt he? Pics arent showing up on the computer again. (Ephedra has me on edge today like a mofo)

I want Randy to win too. I watched what I could of Gonzaga and I still dont know how good/bad he is. The fact that he knocked out Cro Cop is overshadowing my decision on this one.

I guess the biggest possible disappointment I am awaiting is the GSP/Kos fight. I want GSP to win, but I cant see it happening.

Jesus, and I see Frank Mir is fighting again? Did he lose his last one or win it?

IML Gear Cream!
Grove is one of Tito's guys isnt he? Pics arent showing up on the computer again. (Ephedra has me on edge today like a mofo)

I want Randy to win too. I watched what I could of Gonzaga and I still dont know how good/bad he is. The fact that he knocked out Cro Cop is overshadowing my decision on this one.

I guess the biggest possible disappointment I am awaiting is the GSP/Kos fight. I want GSP to win, but I cant see it happening.

Jesus, and I see Frank Mir is fighting again? Did he lose his last one or win it?

There are no pics. I had all of the fighter's pics up but apparently there is a 10 image limit on posts. :confused:

Mir got beat down by Brandon Vera his last match. I don't expect much from him, but he should pull out the win.

Favorite yeah, but do you think hell win? I am hoping he does!!

I think everyone likes a modest fighter, but I guess they cant win all the time.

I'm picking Koscheck but GSP can end that fight at any moment. It's probably gonna come down to whether Kos can get a takedown or not and if he can, how long he can hold GSP down for. In my mind he will get a takedown, not easily, but if anyone can it's Kos.

I'm actually going with another shocker KO of GSP. I think Kos is gonna catch him with a big strike feinting on a shoot or something. This will defintely be the strongest guy GSP has ever faced and I have a sinking suspicion that GSP's chin is weak. I don't recall it ever being tested (he took a lot of punishment from BJ but never really "got caught") by anyone other than Serra. I can't wait for this one.

IML Gear Cream!
Hey anyone know where the hell Aleksander Emelianenko is fighting this weekend? He was supposed to fight Gilbert Yvel but Yvel pulled out. Now he's fighting some other guy tonight but I can't figure out where :pissed:

M-1 Mix Fighting Championship - St. Petersburg, Russia

Fight Card:
Radmir Gabdullin vs. Belyaev Alexey
Uriy Pulaev vs. Joao Wilson
Vener Galiev vs. Bryan Lo-A-Njoe
Arman Gambaryan vs. Karl Amoussou (Pictures)
Dmitriy Samoylov vs. Bohumil Lungrik
Michael Malyutin vs. Artyom Damkovskiy
Kirill Sidelnikov vs. Antonio Mendes
Vladimir Zenin (Pictures) vs. Seydina Seck
Alexander Kokoev vs. Gegard Mousassi
Michael Zayats vs. Lukasz Juras Jurkowski
Eric Oganov vs. Lloveras Hernandes Abner
Aleksander Emelianenko (Pictures) vs. Jesse Gibson

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8301

Thank you ... thank you very much.

Hey was it Gilbert Yvel that KO' that ref that time?

. I want GSP to win, but I cant see it happening.

How does GSP go from best WW in the world to not being able to beat Kos from one fight (where he gets caught with a punch to the back of the head)? Yes I believe he will win, and if he doesn't I will be very very surprised.

UFC Heavyweight Championship Bout:
- Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

After what he did to Cro Cop, unless, it was a lucky shot, Gonzaga will beat Couture.

- Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck

I'll go with St. Pierre on this one.

- Patrick Cote vs. Kendall Grove

Kendall Grove. He's getting better everytime I see him fight.

Ive got

Couture by dec.
Koz by dec
Cote by TKO
Stevenson by KO
Babalu by sub (assuming he isnt in jail)
Huerta by TKO
Hardonk by KO
Aurelio by KO
Lutter by sub

Hopefully GSP by TKO/KO and not Koscheck by blanket.

Back