• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

MMA News and Notes

IML Gear Cream!
It will be nice to see Joe Riggs get back after it, it will be even better to see him tapout against Mayhem.

WEC just started and Frank Mir is an announcer

Lol, I guess you missed my post on the fight card?

Twas a decent event.

Filho looked good, I wonder how much money White paid all those UFC guys to show up to it

Yup, Filho looked good, didn't get to see enough of Condit to get a good read. Larson came out uncharacteristically tentative and got caught in a pretty nice armbar though. Tiki got fuggin swarmed, lol!

Lol, I guess you missed my post on the fight card?

Twas a decent event.
LOL ... yeah I just clicked in here and saw bigss post and was all ohhhhh no set the DVR!!!! I missed everything this weekend because I downloaded Lost in high def and watched the whole season start to finish. I just now at like 5:am my time finished watching the WEC event. One of the advantages of being OCD :thumb:

Once again Steve Mazzagatti sucked balls and gave up the sub vic without the tap. When will they just shoot that blind retard? I swear he is getting bought off or he is betting on fights he ref's. Larson did not tap. He grabbed Condit's arm but did not tap. Condit didn't have thumb control and Larson kept twisting his elbow out of center lock.

Mazzagatti did the same shit last time I saw him ref. It was in an IFL fight between the Lions & the Scorpions. Whitehead literally talked Mazzagatti into stopping the fight by saying that White had tapped when White never tapped at all. I was like WTF?!?!?
Mazzagatti needs to be :banned: from MMA. I would not even let that fucking guy in the building if he bought a ticket.

The fights were all good clean stuff. It was the ref that sucked.

I'm pretty sure Larson tapped on Condit's knee right when they turned and Larson's back was against the cage you could see it.

It still looked like Mazzagatti was going to stop it before that happened though.

LOL ... yeah I just clicked in here and saw bigss post and was all ohhhhh no set the DVR!!!! I missed everything this weekend because I downloaded Lost in high def and watched the whole season start to finish. I just now at like 5:am my time finished watching the WEC event. One of the advantages of being OCD :thumb:

Once again Steve Mazzagatti sucked balls and gave up the sub vic without the tap. When will they just shoot that blind retard? I swear he is getting bought off or he is betting on fights he ref's. Larson did not tap. He grabbed Condit's arm but did not tap. Condit didn't have thumb control and Larson kept twisting his elbow out of center lock.

Mazzagatti did the same shit last time I saw him ref. It was in an IFL fight between the Lions & the Scorpions. Whitehead literally talked Mazzagatti into stopping the fight by saying that White had tapped when White never tapped at all. I was like WTF?!?!?
Mazzagatti needs to be :banned: from MMA. I would not even let that fucking guy in the building if he bought a ticket.

The fights were all good clean stuff. It was the ref that sucked.

He tapped. We rewound it on the TiVO. Like ABG said, it was a quick 2 tapper on Condit's knee. :)

I've already deleted it so I can't revue it again ... but I'd still kick the guy in the face if I saw him in public. I hate Mazzagatti.

IML Gear Cream!
I did rewind it when I saw the call and didn't see an actual tap out. Now I gotta d'load it off of MMA tracker & check it out.

Dude I'm still pissed off. ABG you do torrents?

I saw it too. Two taps.

Even though he was pissed off, he didnt get up right away and have a look of surprise. He looked like he was thinking "god dammit, I made a mistake."

Plus, they didnt interview him afterwards.

I saw it too. Two taps.

Even though he was pissed off, he didnt get up right away and have a look of surprise. He looked like he was thinking "god dammit, I made a mistake."

Plus, they didnt interview him afterwards.

Nah he was pissed as hell but they didn't show it because he was strategically kept out of camera view. He was arguing with Mazinoti but I'll download it after I finish downloading Battlestar Galactica season 3 and watch it a little more better.

Nah he was pissed as hell but they didn't show it because he was strategically kept out of camera view. He was arguing with Mazinoti but I'll download it after I finish downloading Battlestar Galactica season 3 and watch it a little more better.

Was there a show called that in the early 80s late 70s?

He looked frustrated, if anything.

It looked to me like it could had been a legitamate tap right before they went down.

If I were him, I wouldve gotten up right away and declared a premature stoppage. Pretty much just like Ken Shamrock did in Ken vs. Tito 2.

If I were him, I wouldve gotten up right away and declared a premature stoppage. Pretty much just like Ken Shamrock did in Ken vs. Tito 2.

Larson knows he's not quite as good of an actor as Shamrock.

10862343_4aa813e90a_o.gif

All those years in the WWE paid off for Shamrock.

Was there a show called that in the early 80s late 70s?

He looked frustrated, if anything.

It looked to me like it could had been a legitimate tap right before they went down.

It was a series from back in the day but now it's been redone with great set work and killer females. I like good sci-fi stuff, but hate the hokey stuff. Firefly sucks, battlestar is great.

Last night's WEC was refreshing. I don't know how others feel, but I love a first round win. Rather the the yawn fest alot of UFC fighters put on.

However, I am excited to have Roger Huerta and Glay Guida fighting(not each other, althought that would be awesome) next card. Along with the obvious others, but those light weights usually put the pace.

Anyone else hear of the major Staph outbreak MFS is having. Fisher had to back out of his UFN match, Drew McFedries is in the hospital, and Tim Sylvia is got it too

IML Gear Cream!
Hmph, sucks for Din having to fight Florian. Kind of a dangerous matchup and not a whole lot of glory if he gets the win.

Florian to Replace Fisher

8535.jpg
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
by Sherdog.com Staff

Several sources have confirmed to Sherdog.com that the popular Kenny Florian (Pictures) will replace hard-hitting Spencer Fisher (Pictures) after a staph infection in the King's right knee forced the southpaw to bow out of his UFC Fight Night main event clash with Din Thomas (Pictures) on Sept. 19.

Fisher is one of several fighters in the Bettendorf, Iowa gym stricken with staph recently, said the lightweight's trainer, Pat Miletich (Pictures).

"They've been quarantined out of the gym," the trainer said. "It's not something you get from dirty mats or hospital equipment. It spreads from human to human contact."

Florian, 31, of Westwood, Mass., confirmed on Tuesday evening with Insidefighting.com that he has signed a bout agreement to face the American Top Team lightweight.

MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (over 205 pounds)

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
3. Mirko Cro Cop
4. Josh Barnett
5. Randy Couture
6. Gabriel Gonzaga
7. Tim Sylvia
8. Andrei Arlovski
9. Fabricio Werdum
10. Aleksander Emelianenko

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205-pound limit)

#1 Light Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
2. Quinton Jackson
3. Chuck Liddell
4. Dan Henderson
5. Wanderlei Silva
6. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
7. Ricardo Arona
8. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
9. Tito Ortiz
10. Kazuhiro Nakamura

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185-pound limit)

#1 Middleweight Fighter in the World: Anderson Silva
2. Paulo Filho
3. Matt Lindland
4. Rich Franklin
5. Dan Henderson
6. Denis Kang
7. Nathan Marquardt
8. Robbie Lawler
9. Kazuo Misaki
10. Frank Trigg

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170-pound limit)

#1 Welterweight Fighter in the World: Matt Serra
2. Georges St. Pierre
3. Matt Hughes
4. Josh Koscheck
5. Karo Parisyan
6. Diego Sanchez
7. Jon Fitch
8. Jake Shields
9. Carlos Condit
10. Akira Kikuchi

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION (160-pound limit)

#1 Lightweight Fighter in the World: Takanori Gomi
2. Hayato Sakurai
3. Gilbert Melendez
4. Tatsuya Kawajiri
5. Shinya Aoki
6. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro
7. Joachim Hansen
8. Mitsuhiro Ishida
9. Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto
10. Joe Stevenson

FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION (145 pounds and under)

#1 Featherweight Fighter in the World: Akitoshi Tamura
2. "Lion" Takeshi Inoue
3. Antonio Carvalho
4. Hatsu Hioki
5. Urijah Faber
6. Masakazu Imanari
7. Tenkei Fujimiya
8. Jeff Curran
9. Yoshiro Maeda
10. Daiki "DJ" Hata

Brawl Sports: Liddell to wait his turn for title shot

Liddell to wait his turn for title shot

Posted by Steve Sievert at August 7, 2007

451d1186586150-report-liddell-wait-his-turn-title-shot-chuckliddell.jpg

There will not be a quick path back to a title fight for former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell.

Despite being, arguably, the UFC's most marketable fighter and an ex-champ who had four successful title defenses, "The Iceman" won't get a title shot even if he wins his next fight.

UFC President Dana White confirmed to the Chronicle's Brawl Sports that it will take more than a victory over Keith Jardine at UFC 76 to get Liddell back in the octagon with a title on the line.

"Chuck would have to win one more fight. I think Chuck has to win two fights in a row and then, yeah, he's back in the mix again. He got knocked out in a minute 30 in the first round (in his last fight). No matter how great he is, I'd like to see him win a couple of fights and then come back and fight for the title again."

As for the Liddell-Jardine matchup in Anaheim, Calif., Sept. 22, White believes the timing was right to put the two bangers together.

"Him and Jardine were on a collision course anyway ... similar styles, both coming off knockout losses, both their fights ended very abruptly, so we did it."

On paper, it's a less-than-compelling twosome and doesn't measure up to the main events of some of the other major UFC shows this year. But, that's what a lot of us were saying about Georges St-Pierre versus Matt Serra at UFC 69 and that turned out to be a jaw-dropper of a fight.

As for "The Iceman" having to take two turns before getting a title shot, if White sticks to that plan, who gets the winner of Quinton Jackson vs. Dan Henderson? With somewhat limited options in the division, you have to think the Shogun Rua-Forrest Griffin victor at 76 makes the most sense - at least I do. Source:

Kinda screwy ratings on there especially since Nog's last match, he's in the top ten but not second.

Is Sakurai/Sanchez still going down?

Kinda screwy ratings on there especially since Nog's last match, he's in the top ten but not second.

Is Sakurai/Sanchez still going down?

I thought Nog looked like crap but I guess he didn't lose so they kept him in the spot he was already in. Sanchez is actually fighting Jon Fitch now.

Rich Franklin > Dan Henderson & Denis Kang

What fucking 12 year old is making these rankings?

On the last WEC card...I noticed a striking resembelence between Paulo Filho and Steve-o.

37560.jpg

sq-steve-o-backyard-bbq-premiere-mtv.jpg

Now there is looks so-so. But after his last fight a few nights ago...he looked just like him.

Rich Franklin > Dan Henderson & Denis Kang

What fucking 12 year old is making these rankings?
Hendo owns two Pride belts ... 185 and 205. The belts are somewhat devalued lately ... yet still TAKEN from their previous owners while the belts still had value. How anyone can rank him anything less than #1 @ middleweight (2 @ worst) is using rithmatic instead of knowledge.

That being said ... Shamrock still kicked Hendo's ass in a grappling match.

YouTube Video

Back