• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Romanian Deadlift Vs Regular Deadlift

Big G

Back from the grave.
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What's the difference? I've heard a Romanian deadlift works the glutes real well (I never get sore from prone leg curls) and I wondered how to do them.

And I know, I know... Being sore is no indicator of hypertrophy, but I don't think I'm seeing my in the way of notable results from my hamstrings/glutes anyway (not that I can see 'em particularly, of course), but still...

Romanian Deadlfts Vs Regular ones. Any thoughts? Wider stance perhaps? Straight legged + wide stance? Anyone?

Romanian deadlifts - you don't touch the bar to the floor. Kind of like a stiff legged DL. Although I am not 100% on the difference between RDL's and SLDL'S, I think you stand a little wider with a Romanian deadlift, let the knees flex a little more, and push the hips back further.

RDLs are just like conventionals except the end of the movements is the max point of flexibility in your hamstrings. Your legs will have a slight bend to them just as conventionals. Only difference is you don't bend your legs and squat down to finish the move (bar doesn't touch the ground).

A good mix of conventional, rdl, sdl, and sumo will keep you from plateau early on

There is less knee extension in an RDL. Both are great exercises.

Kewl! Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

romainian

Definately Romainian or as they are sometimes called Keystone deadlifts.

Kewl. Thx. :)

Back