• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Curved Spine.

RasPlasch

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
About a year ago I fractured a vertabrae in my spine. The docs said it was because I slouched alot. Well now I have a weird curved spine. Its not straight like a spine should be. Im guessing there is no way to fix this. But I was just wondering if anyone knew a way. I do stand up straight now, but you can still kind of see the curvage. What really bothers me is my curved spine affects my deadlift alot. Ahhh!

About a year ago I fractured a vertabrae in my spine. The docs said it was because I slouched alot. Well now I have a weird curved spine. Its not straight like a spine should be. Im guessing there is no way to fix this. But I was just wondering if anyone knew a way. I do stand up straight now, but you can still kind of see the curvage. What really bothers me is my curved spine affects my deadlift alot. Ahhh!

Can't it be done by surgery? Did you talk to your doctor about that? Or are you looking for nonsurgical methods?

Im only 15. So at the moment surgery is out of the question.

You fractured a vertabrae just through chronic poor posture? :confused:

What do you mean by curved? Curving laterally? Curving like a hyperextension? Curving like flexion?

It may have to do with a weak posterior change and tightness in muscles surrounding the hips +the rest of the body.

This seems like a loaded question, I would go seek help from a sports doctor or a physical therapist.

be more specific about the curve (is it lordosis, scoliosis, kyphosis)? Also ask your doctor these questions. Be aware about the long term effects of your condition and what you should and shouldn't be doing from now on.

I fractured the vertabrae because of bad posture and baseball (alot of twisting from throwing the ball and swinging the bat).

It may have to do with a weak posterior change and tightness in muscles surrounding the hips +the rest of the body
What do you mean by this? How do I fix that?

be more specific about the curve (is it lordosis, scoliosis, kyphosis)? Also ask your doctor these questions. Be aware about the long term effects of your condition and what you should and shouldn't be doing from now on.

I looked online and my back looks exactly like lordosis. Is there anywhere I could read about it or could someone tell me what I shouldn't be doing without going to a doctor?

I looked online. What do you guys think about wearing a back brace to help me keep better posture. Or maybe use it when I lift?

Last edited:
A back brace will certainly help, but I don't know how serious your condition is. Your doctor does. I would assume your not putting yourself at a lot of risk unless your doing physical activity. So be careful when playing sports and especially watch it on dead lift or squats. Your doctor didn't tell you any precautions or anything?

No, now that you say that he didnt! All he told me was "If you fracture your vertabrae again your spine will for sure grow crooked". He just said crooked, he didn't explain it at all. I quit baseball, and I think that was a good decision. If I took pictures would that help you guys at all?

Alright I took some pictures of by back.....

This picture is my back relaxed.

4ldc58p.jpg

This picture is me standing with as straight posture as I can get.

4m97n11.jpg

This is a picture of my back very relaxed.

549epv8.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
No I haven't. Think they would be able to do anything for me? Are they expensive?

to hard to tell anything from those photos. You aren't standing in a relaxed posture, you are holding something behind your back and you aren't showing your entire body (legs, etc..). Can't tell what is going on at all.

that said, look for a physical therapists. Functional issues with postural alignment can be corrected (or maybe better) with sound exercise prescription (most chiro's don't do this). You need a postural assessment and a gait assessment. From there, along with some flexibility and manual muscle testing, it should be pretty easy to devise a plan which allows you to strength the muscules which are not firing properly and stretch the ones that are tight and causing you problems.

Thanks P-funk! How much do physical therapists usually cost?

also depends on the state you are in.....For example, in Arizona, we have an open door policy. that means that anyone can just walk into a physical therapy clinic and get treated for whatever they claim hurts them. In NY, there wasn't an open door policy, so anyone wanting to go to physical therapy needed to get a referal from their physician before they could be accepted.

I have scoli, my spine curves in ward a bit. Which in turn caused my chest to be uneven its about 1/2 - inch . Deadlifts put horrible pressure on it I try to stay away.

When I deadlift, it doesn't hurt my back at all. Its just my back almost automatically curves, so its pretty much impossible for me to have perfect deadlift form.

Guess what! I was about to get in the shower today and I had my shirt off. I was looking and my back and for some reason did like a.....hump motion with my butt. Then I noticed that my butt is at a weird position...I can't explain it. But I figured out that if I hump my butt forward to a normal angle that my back is perfectly straight. So do you guys think if I practiced this standing position I would eventually get used to it? And therefore have a semi-normal looking back?

i go to a cyropractor here in illinois im 13 but i have insurance i have a curve in my spine they took a xray and showed it to me they popped my bones they said they can get it a little normal but my spine willl never go back striaght so no ur spine wont go back striaght if its beencurved like this for a while if it jus started to they can get it to go back striaght

have you tried seeing a chiropractor?

Chiropractors work wonders.

Even if you don't have insurance it's way more affordable than a doc.

IML Gear Cream!
It might be lordosis, but I think the curve might be from terrible posture and weak abs.
RasPlach-how long have you been training? Also, can you post a video of you deadlifting?

It might be lordosis, but I think the curve might be from terrible posture and weak abs.
RasPlach-how long have you been training? Also, can you post a video of you deadlifting?

Training for I'd say almost 2 years, training seriously for about a year.
I'll try to get a video.
I'm deadlifting tonight, so with good luck I'll get the video uploaded by tonight.

Last edited:
Why are you doing only one rep at a time? :thinking:

Here's my thinking:

a) You're using waaaay too much weight.

b) If you watch as you launch from the floor, your upper back is rounding. Watch near the shoulder area.

c) One rep sets are great if youre at a powerlifting meet. What are your goals?

d) I can tell your abs are a weak point. You're "hollow" in that area. You need to build up that area.

Cut the weight by 2/3. Demand that you learn the technique first. It isnt terrible, but it isnt great either. Use a dowel or barbell

Use ExRx (Exercise Prescription) on the Net for better technique.

I never go this heavy. Its just the time you asked to see videos was the day I was seeing what my max's are. I am usually doing 225 for 8 or 185 for 8
I just started working abs on April 11th. So hopefully I will start to improve there.

Thanks for the critiquing.

I'm guessing that it is. I can rep those 2 weights like nothing so I don't know how my back would curve.
The weights in those videos are really heavy for me. I might take some videos of me doing lighter weights.

Back