• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Can the biceps peak be improved?

Can the biceps peak be improved?

• Yes

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Mudge

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Some believe it can, some say no. This is the difference between only one workout to the next, arms are cold in both shots. Basically I included 2 sets of bent over concentration curls this time, where usually I don't do any movements to increase 'peak' (or at least peak contraction strength for those that believe that this cannot be improved upon).

These pictures are from June 16th

attachment.php

June 16th

attachment.php

June 19th

attachment.php

June 19th
attachment.php

Dude, as far as i can see, the muscle shape and peak is just the same, but there is a slight difference in size - and since it's only a few days between it'll be due to water and glycogen and muscle inflamation from the workout.

And when i said "size" i meant size of the entire muscle, not one portion of it.

I believe the peak on the bicep is mostly genetic. You can improve the overall size and fullness, but the peak is determined when you are conceived!

I think it is gentic too. It depends on the lenght of your bicep. I have short biceps making my peak look larger.

Last edited:
I agree with all the above, just make it bigger! :)

If you all agree, then how come there's 6 votes for yes and only 2 votes for no?

4 for no. my biceps are long and i don't believe the shape can change. i do believe i can make them bigger and i can lower my bodyfat more. that will make my biceps look better but i don't believe i can get a great peak - just better arms.

I think I???m going to increase the "peak" on my hamstring.........

Then I???m going to change the symmetry of my pecs, and I thought I might elongate my gastroc so my calves don???t look so skinny.

Looks like the tide is slowly turning. Maybe I am well being stubborn.

If nothing else, I think the strength of the contraction in the bent over concentration curl is making some kind of effect in my bi's.

hey mudge - i voted no and said i think i can imrove my arms but never have a great peak. but i still have been focussing on exercises that really cramp my bicep at the top of the movement just in case i'm wrong! i'm liking hammer curls, lying cable curls and concentration curls done standing up.

i hadn't done the lying cable curls in ages. you lay on a flat bench and curl the bar to your head (from high pulley/cable). they're awesome.

i also like to finish with concentration curls standing up where i just hang my arm straight down from the shoulder and am super strict.

so i don't believe i'll have great peak....but i'm doing all i can just in case i'm wrong. lol

Hammer curls wont achieve the same effect/"feeling" as regular bent over concentration curls. If you haven't tried them, give them a shot, hold at the top and you get a pretty mean contraction the last few reps!

i finish with concentration curls - standing up instead of sitting and i don't brace the arm against the inside of my leg. i just bend over and hang the arm straight down. is that what you mean?

Basically yes, I have done it your way as well, but I find it easier with some bracing to keep me from changing the angle of my arm and cheating. All I have to do is contract the bicep as hard as I can, no balancing act or straightening out my arm required that way.

Hammer curls, concentration curls, preacher curls can help build up your Brachialis, and because they lie under your Biceps Brachii, building them up will push the brachii up giving the illusion of a larger bi peak.

Bent overs doint seem to work it for me at all, its all bicep. Hammers though yes, but those are one of the heavier movements, not my finisher.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by mick01
I think I???m going to increase the "peak" on my hamstring.........

Then I???m going to change the symmetry of my pecs, and I thought I might elongate my gastroc so my calves don???t look so skinny.

LMAO ! :D

well an illusion is good enough for me i voted yes... only 2 people that voted yes have actually posted... i agree that its genetic to an extent (short arms/long arms) but what scotty said actually in a way supports our claim of yes.... if building the muscles under the Bicep brachii or whatever you call it causes the bicep brachii to be pushed up and cause an "illusion" of a bigger peak then you are in essence getting what youre working out for... a bigger peak:thumb:

Last edited:
i think we may all be thinking different things when we say improve peak. i think you can improve arm shape and size and definition. but have you ever seen someone with a really tight high peak like they have a softball there? i don't believe there is any exercise that will make my long biceps pop like that into a tight high ball shape. (i'd love to be wrong though)

so i work with what i've got determined to make it better. but i don't think anyone will ever say "what a great peak you have"

I just gotta ask, who has voted and not replied saying what they voted for?

Albert Beckles, his biceps were so peaky that they looked pretty freaky IMO.

At least 2 or 3 voted yes this morning not posting.

the question/poll can be misinterpreted. If you have a peak, then it can be improved, but you cannot build a peak if you do not have the genetics. You can make the muscle larger, hence if you have a peak it will also improve, but you cannot change the shape of the muscle.

Add me to "no." I don't see any difference whatsoever in the shape.

Prince, your right, it wasn't worded very well.

Back