• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

practcing defense by myself.

is there anyway i can practice my boxing defense like blocks and slips without someone else throwing them at me? i have the form dow n i just need to work on my reaction to the punch coming.

Double end bag, reflex bag, slip ball, ect. Hit up the Title website they got just about any training tool you can think of. Or you could just get professionally trained. Depends on how serious you are. Could always start with the equipment though, because a lot of it is real cheap and effective.

I just got a heavy punching bag and I must say its one of the best purchase I've ever made. to answer your question I dont think theres a way. better get a partner.

Slip bag works if you stay at it with upper body movement and transition combos for several minutes at a time. I'm sure you've used one, but just in case the idea is not to hit the bag but to avoid it. Set it swinging and avoid it as you practice combos.

Get an old thick tube sock, and a plastic bag. Fill the bag with sand and stuff it in the sock. String it up to something and get busy. Set the bag at jaw level while in stance. I set mine a few feet in front of my heavy bag so I can keep solid strikes in the work out. Some guys will also set one in front of a wall bag, but the heavy bag worked out better for me. Boxers of course don't practice kicks and knee strikes so they always just hang it out there alone and get under it.

Lol ... ya gotta love youtube. After typing all that in I found this ...

YouTube Video

Last edited:
Slip bag works if you stay at it with upper body movement and transition combos for several minutes at a time. I'm sure you've used one, but just in case the idea is not to hit the bag but to avoid it. Set it swinging and avoid it as you practice combos.

Get an old thick tube sock, and a plastic bag. Fill the bag with sand and stuff it in the sock. String it up to something and get busy. Set the bag at jaw level while in stance. I set mine a few feet in front of my heavy bag so I can keep solid strikes in the work out. Some guys will also set one in front of a wall bag, but the heavy bag worked out better for me. Boxers of course don't practice kicks and knee strikes so they always just hang it out there alone and get under it.

Lol ... ya gotta love youtube. After typing all that in I found this ...

YouTube Video
Screw that, go out side make a ball of clay mud, take some old nails and stick them head first into the mud leaving 3/4 sticking out, add some broken glass and then stick an eye-hook into the top, let it bake in the sun for a couple of days and then take it inside and suspend it from the ceiling, get it swinging and then you'll be sure to learn quick reflexes or else....:thumb:

Screw that, go out side make a ball of clay mud, take some old nails and stick them head first into the mud leaving 3/4 sticking out, add some broken glass and then stick an eye-hook into the top, let it bake in the sun for a couple of days and then take it inside and suspend it from the ceiling, get it swinging and then you'll be sure to learn quick reflexes or else....:thumb:

Yeah i like your idea better:laugh:

Ok Danielson- use drum technique. Ancient Miagi family secret
:D

IML Gear Cream!
Here's how to practice defending yourself from yourself.

YouTube Video

Back