• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pumping Iron

tcotroneo

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This was probably answered at one time or another.. But in the movie Pumping Iron, when Ed Corney is doing a set of squats, how much weight is on the bar.. I can't tell if those are 100lb plates or 45lb plates.. I can't imagine them being 45lb plates and Ed struggling to do 10 reps with 315!! I would also be surprised if he was doing 645lbs for 10 reps.. Anyone have the answer???

he was pretty old in that movie if i remember.. so he might not have been as strong as he was when he was younger. but also howm many sets did he do that we didnt see? i bet its 315

how many people squat 315 for 10 reps anyways...I don't think that is shameful...as mentioned above that could have been towards the end of his workout to get a pump or feel the burn.

If I could squat 315 I would have one hell of a boner right now.

I did 305 x 5 once and thought I'd die...

I did 305 x 5 once and thought I'd die...

I hear ya....I was testing one rep max a while back and did 315 x 1 I thought if I didn't get that bar up soon my balls were gonna shoot across the gym like skeet.

:haha:

Consider what Tom Platz use to do. Here he is doing 233kg (just under 500lbs), for 23 reps!

And I like this quote from YouTube: "Good old deep squat.. that was good times, before squatting 700 1/8 depth was a manly challenge."

YouTube Video

I hear ya....I was testing one rep max a while back and did 315 x 1 I thought if I didn't get that bar up soon my balls were gonna shoot across the gym like skeet.

thats how i felt on tuesday when squatin 365

IML Gear Cream!
Actually I did 315 x 10 last week. I didn't post it in my journal because later that day was when I hurt myself.

Back