• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

dissapointed today with YWCA

Delusional

little guy with big hopes
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
damn. after hearing great things about my local YWCA (no YMCA near me) and their workout room i was excited today when i went to go get a tour of it to consider buying a year membership. all that excitement was immediately pooped on the second i walked into the room. there was absolutely, none, zipp, nada, NOT ONE SINGLE FREE WEIGHT. no dumbbells, barbells, anything at all. allllll machines. wtf is up with that? no offense but was just wondering if there are no free weights because it is a YWCA and women prefer machines more..? but youd still think theyd assume plenty of guys would be coming there since its better than driving an hour to go to a YMCA. hm, and there were 3 guys there but they were college kids who looked like pretty-boys kinda.
after all the hype i had built up for seeing their workout room though, i just cant believe its all machine. anyone else's ywca all machine? is this common?

they did have quite a lot of machines though, some crazy looking ones that i had no idea what they were. should i maybe still get a membership and use the workout room? will some machine-work help me at all or should i concentrate on just free weights only, and nothing else.
...eh. guess i still might get a years membership when i start cutting. they got a nice pool at least.

Can you get a week pass and try it out before committing for a year?

Can you get a week pass and try it out before committing for a year?

yea im sure i could, that or maybe just a month. from what i know i guess even AFTER you purchase a years membership..you still have to pay like 2 or 3 dollars every time you come there..
i duno, the Y isnt all i thought it was made out to be i guess..hmph

so you buy a membership.. then you pay each time you go? so if you go 3-4 days a week thats 6-12 dollars. every month thats 24-48 dollars extra? thats WAY more than what i pay for a full gym membership.

fuck them

They allow men in the YWMCA?

If the machines are old they are probably nautelus (sic)
Maybe.

so you buy a membership.. then you pay each time you go? so if you go 3-4 days a week thats 6-12 dollars. every month thats 24-48 dollars extra? thats WAY more than what i pay for a full gym membership.

fuck them

heh yeah, seriously man. gota buy a years membership (which cant be too cheap) then EVERY TIME you go there you have to pay 2-3 dollars. i think its 2$ for the pool and 3$ for the gym, or maybe its the other way around..either way. its ridiculous.

i wouldnt mind paying 2-3$ every time i go there, not at all. but after i just gave them money for a years membership..wtf :confused: thats just not right.

reasons like this are why im just working on getting my own little home-gym going. id rather save up money and invest in my own nice bench, rack, weights, etc etc. instead of coughing up so much money to get a membership somewhere.

They allow men in the YWMCA?

If the machines are old they are probably nautelus (sic)
Maybe.

heh, yea they do =p theres a YWCA here where i live, and then there's a YMCA thats about an hour or so from here. plenty of guys go there, if not more guys than women really.
the machines looked in almost perfect condition, maybe not brand-spankin-new, but you could tell they were fresh n' clean and that they take good care of them.

why don't you just go to a regular gym then?

when i was growing up I started lifting at the "Y". They didn't have great weights or anythign but they had shitty free weights and benches and a squat rack. No airconditioning though. When it was real humid in the summer, the weights would actually sweat and rust. It was brutal in there.

I work at 24 hour fitness, depending on where you go they have pretty decent equiptment.

when i was growing up I started lifting at the "Y". They didn't have great weights or anythign but they had shitty free weights and benches and a squat rack. No airconditioning though. When it was real humid in the summer, the weights would actually sweat and rust. It was brutal in there.

cause the "regular" gym here is like 32-34$ a month and if anything thats goin to be my last resort i guess, but right now i havent been able to pay that much. bills, groceries, and gas eats my paycheck before i can even smell it. damn that does sound pretty bad lol. the Y here is airconditioned, or well it was nice and cool in there at least so im assuming it was. and every single machine looked damn near perfect. nice clean tile floor and a tv that wasnt on. id proly go there...if they had any free weights..

I did some of the best lifting of my life in a highschool gym with rusty weights, no air conditioning, no ventilation, and a piece of shit radio with 3 busted speakers. I still remember the smell.

Its what you make of it. Personally, I like ot sweet when I workout, and hate air conditioning in a gym.

But is sucks there are no free weights. I wouldn't go back if I couldn't squat, deadlift, or bench press. Sadly, many gyms in Mobile seem to be getting away from free weights. I think they are trying to keep the muscle heads out.

Back