• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Am I using this word right?...

Crono1000

Peelosopher
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm writing a paper on suicidology and I want to write this sentence. Am I using the word "expedite" correctly?

"She feared that by (doing a series of things)... she would expedite his decision to kill himself."

yes, if you mean she would speed it up.

or you could say she would exacerbate his pro-suicide ideology.

Yes, for example:

Crono had to expidite his daily jerking off activities, so he could write his paper.

or you could say she would exacerbate his pro-suicide ideology.

I exacerbated about 30 minutes ago, I think I'll wait 'till after my paper is done to do it again

I exacerbated about 30 minutes ago, I think I'll wait 'till after my paper is done to do it again

i knew you'd appreciate the rhyming potential of that word :lol:

Good call. Speaking of which, I better start studying for my test today. I'm taking an Art Theory class. It sucks.

IML Gear Cream!
i'm lucky. i don't even personally know anyone that took their own life. must be a tough paper to do. is Kevorkian making it in there?

no, this is a relatively short paper that's mostly data based from lectures, textbook, etc.

Kavorkian was actually planned to show up for a discussion here at UF earlier this month, but after the whole ordeal with the tazoring incident got the Kavorkian thing pushed back to early next year. I'm so going, if Kerry's boring ass could elicit a tazoring, who knows what's gonna happen at a Kavorkian meeting

i'm pro Kavorkian but a lot of people hate him.

I'm writing a paper on suicidology and I want to write this sentence. Am I using the word "expedite" correctly?

"She feared that by (doing a series of things)... she would expedite his decision to kill himself."

it sounds awkward...and how do you expedite someone's decision to kill themselves?

IML Gear Cream!
"She feared that by (doing a series of things)... she would be riding shotgun on his excursion into the book of those who've used their own brains to recreate a Jackson Pollack masterpiece..."

excellent image you just articulated

it sounds awkward...and how do you expedite someone's decision to kill themselves?

I was thinking the same thing. I would do away with the clause at the beginning of the sentence and move the action up front, changing the verb to something that makes more sense, such as

She feared she might titillate his suicidal tendencies if she were to ....

or she might fear exacerbating them.

well, she knew that he was going to kill himself (which he did), it was a matter of when he would do it. she was basically buying time, and she didn't want to have him involuntarily sent to a mental stabilization institution because doing so would betray his trust, take away his last trace of control, and put him in the degrading and horrible condition of the institute, thus speeding up his decision to kill himself.

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

well, she knew that he was going to kill himself (which he did), it was a matter of when he would do it. she was basically buying time, and she didn't want to have him involuntarily sent to a mental stabilization institution because doing so would betray his trust, take away his last trace of control, and put him in the degrading and horrible condition of the institute, thus speeding up his decision to kill himself.

That makes sense. In a weird, twisted sort of way.

Why? I dont have 6 fingers on my left hand..
No! But you are the man with 3 testicles, are you not! His mother was dick slapped by a man with 3 testicles therefore it's inconceivable that you must die...

Back