• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Facebook

Microsoft will waste money on anything these days. I think Tom got less than that for myspace. He should have held out.

Apparently Google and Microsoft battle for these bids.

I prefer Facebook over myspace.

Yeah, I prefer facebook way more. A lot less drama. Then again I think I only have two people on mine right now.

If your plan is to get Danny's Facebook too, it's not gonna happen. Keep dreaming Iain.:daydream:

Of course the price, and percentage of 1.6% are not the issue. Fact is, now facebook have more clout in the business sector.

I dont get it. Why? I am on both and I find them relatively the same.
I think it's MySpace's "top friends" although facebook has got it now too (as a third party program).

I dont get it. Why? I am on both and I find them relatively the same.

Probably because I just know a lot more people on myspace. It's been really weird. I even had one bitch stalking me (I even deleted my account and made a new one and kept it private, and she still found me - not to mention showed up at a couple of places I was). She was obviously much older than she said she was, and photoshoped her display pics because she was fucking gross. I could tell a bunch of stories, but it would take forever. And I've only got 2 people on facebook, and one of them is a girl I meet on myspace, so I imagine that would get dramatic too (but I will hope not).

thats y i only add people i no nd some rappers/actors

I never thought I'd say this to you, and can't believe, but that's some good thinking.

Otherwise your spelling still sucks ass! :callme:

The best part is he thinks the Rappers/ Actors are actually those people.

And not some Pedophile looking for little boys like him with razors in there mouth.

The best part is he thinks the Rappers/ Actors are actually those people.

And not some Pedophile looking for little boys like him with razors in there mouth.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

lawl....

Apparently Facebook has been valued at $15 Billion Dollars.

Microsoft yesterday bought 1.6% for $240 million

Microsoft acquires chapter of Facebook

I really question if Facebook is really worth $15 billion dollars. Just because the guy that designed it and owns it says it is, to me that doesn't mean crap.

Is there really that kind of income from Facebook to justify that price? There are no fees from the users. There is just advertising revenue and even that isn't gauranteed. These sites are not that complex. They are pretty simple to develop. We don't know what Facebook is going to be worth in 2-3 years. When the next best networking site comes and everyone bails out of Facebook, what will it be worth?

Put it this way. If I buy Facebook for $15 billion and in 3 years it loses popularity and can only be sold for $250 million, do you really think those 3 years would generate enough advertising to cover my $14.75 billion loss? I seriously, seriously doubt it.

This is a horrible investment for that price.

I really question if Facebook is really worth $15 billion dollars. Just because the guy that designed it and owns it says it is, to me that doesn't mean crap.
It's the people who are offering to buy it for that price that says it is worth $15B.

You can be sure that Microsoft's paper pushers went over Facebooks accounts pretty well.

Estimated 50 billion users..with an alleged 200,000 new members each day, make this an advertisers dream.
Sure, the best form of advertising is word of mouth..ie..Ferrari are a household name..but don't really advertise as such.(Questionable i realize) But at the end of the day its all a case of numbers. If i were to sell door to door, i would know that 1 in 10 may buy. I read that each Facebook user represents around $300, very possibly as a result of buying initiated by adverts on there site.
The bubble may burst at some point, but i'm sure the accountants etc, will do there up most to work the environment to the maximum first.

You can be sure that Microsoft's paper pushers went over Facebooks accounts pretty well.

Estimated 50 billion users..with an alleged 200,000 new members each day, make this an advertisers dream.
Sure, the best form of advertising is word of mouth..ie..Ferrari are a household name..but don't really advertise as such.(Questionable i realize) But at the end of the day its all a case of numbers. If i were to sell door to door, i would know that 1 in 10 may buy. I read that each Facebook user represents around $300, very possibly as a result of buying initiated by adverts on there site.
The bubble may burst at some point, but i'm sure the accountants etc, will do there up most to work the environment to the maximum first.

50 billion users eh? That's more than 5 times the population of the Earth. Facebook is awesome!!

Probably because I just know a lot more people on myspace. It's been really weird. I even had one bitch stalking me (I even deleted my account and made a new one and kept it private, and she still found me - not to mention showed up at a couple of places I was). She was obviously much older than she said she was, and photoshoped her display pics because she was fucking gross. I could tell a bunch of stories, but it would take forever. And I've only got 2 people on facebook, and one of them is a girl I meet on myspace, so I imagine that would get dramatic too (but I will hope not).

I know more people on Myspace too. Plus its easier to browse peoples profiles. However, Ill bet there are stalkers on both ends.

When I say "relatively the same," I mean, where one excels, the other falls back, and in other categories, its reversed.

I do not know why college use Facebook over one or the other though. :confused:

I know more people on Myspace too. Plus its easier to browse peoples profiles. However, Ill bet there are stalkers on both ends.

When I say "relatively the same," I mean, where one excels, the other falls back, and in other categories, its reversed.

I do not know why college use Facebook over one or the other though. :confused:

There's a difference between stalking someones myspace, which is pretty harmless, and stalking someone from myspace in real life.

If it was such a good investment, why are they only buying $240 million worth of the $15 billion?

Does anyone actually read the ads on Facebook? I know I don't.

Just because everyone is buying into the hype does not mean it is really worth that. People and investors are lemmings and they will all follow each other over the Facebook cliff. They did it with the dot coms. People poured millions into little crappy websites that were nothing more than a server running some lame code in someone's garage. They had little if any revenue and almost no business plan but yet investors threw money at it because it was the cool trendy thing to do. Then within a couple years most of these sites just disappeared. Lots and lots of hype, these sites tend to oversell their worth and don't deliver.

The more popular and trendy an investment, the more likely it is all smoke and mirrors.

50 billion users eh? That's more than 5 times the population of the Earth. Facebook is awesome!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Fair play...my apologies...estimated "50 MILLION" users:thumb:

Last edited:
If it was such a good investment, why are they only buying $240 million worth of the $15 billion?

Just because everyone is buying into the hype does not mean it is really worth that. People and investors are lemmings and they will all follow each other over the Facebook cliff. They did it with the dot coms. People poured millions into little crappy websites that were nothing more than a server running some lame code in someone's garage. They had little if any revenue and almost no business plan but yet investors threw money at it because it was the cool trendy thing to do. Then within a couple years most of these sites just disappeared. Lots and lots of hype, these sites tend to oversell their worth and don't deliver.

The more popular and trendy an investment, the more likely it is all smoke and mirrors.

Interesting.
Microsoft have the means to write those sort of cheques all day long.It has been said that you have to speculate to accumulate.
For Microsoft to lose $240 million, is not really an issue for them, at this point in time.
To lose out on potential revenue from not investing, would be an issue.

Does anyone respond to advertising on the box?
Does anyone respond to advertising on billboards?
I am not sure i have bought anything, that came from an advertising campaign.....but that doesn't mean that other people don't.
Sure theres hype involved. Thats part of the tricks that are used to sell.....sell.....sell.

There are many possible answers to your first question, but it's likely it's because that's all Facebook was willing to sell to Microsoft at this time.

Of course people read the ads on Facebook; how do you think they are able to price and sell the advertising space? Facebook doesn't say "we have x many users, so this is the rate." Every time a banner is clicked, it is recorded.

It's hard not to notice the ads to be honest. There are local ads and national ads. The national ads tend to appear on the New Feeds when you first log in, while the local ads tend to show on the left side. I know they are working to an extent when a known shitty local bar creates and event and advertises the specials on the left and you walk past it on that night and it's packed. However, in all fairness, that is the college scene. I do not know how effective the ads work for older crowds, and just how well they are targeted, BUT...

I don't know if you are familiar with the third party programs that facebook has begun allowing, but they don't provide them for no reason at all. Almost every single one of them are for marketing purposes, tracking user behavior on facebook. This information is worth $ in itself. It likely has a hand in how the ads are targeted to each user.

For Microsoft to lose $240 million, is not really an issue for them, at this point in time.
Of course losing $240M is an issue for Microsoft at this time. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

Of course losing $240M is an issue for Microsoft at this time. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

Errrrmmmm...not really.
Microsoft is worth an estimated $265.46Billion.(These figures seem to constantly change though)
Companies invariable lose, and make money.Hence profit/loss accounts.
Bad debts, losses,(depending on circumstances) can be tax deductible in this country, not sure about USA. As can advertising.
This deal would have only been made, if Microsoft could afford to lose, if the deal went belly up.

College students use MySpace.

Back