• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

A-Rod to opt out of contract

they wont be a last place team, but this is certainly bad news

they wont be a last place team, but this is certainly bad news
They will just replace him like they always do.

What scares me more is the change of hand with upper management and Torre leaving.

you're not worried, min0?

with torre gone, you truly have to wonder what is going through the minds of posada, rivera, and pettite.

a lot of holes to fill, is spending too much money on players just to "fill the void" the right thing to do? in my mind it isn't.

you're not worried, min0?

with Torre gone, you truly have to wonder what is going through the minds of posed, Rivera, and petite.

a lot of holes to fill, is spending too much money on players just to "fill the void" the right thing to do? in my mind it isn't.
Nope, we won without him.
We won the WS with Scott Brosus at third and he's not a hall of famer.

I am sick of his constant media whoring, if he wants to stay than great but if he wants to leave well then stop using the Yankees as a bargaining table.

Yep, with Torre leaving the others may leave also.
A lot of free agents were eager to play for him.

He wants a lof of money and I don't think the Yankees are willing to pay him what he wants.

Most people think the Yankees are paying his whole salary but they really aren't, Bills Hicks is still paying the majority of that contract.....what an idiot.

When A-Rod and his avenging agent were seeking to sign up with the Mets he wanted some crazy demands..

24 plus 1 player......$250 mil for 12 years...

playRodrigez's demands: A greater billboard presence in New York than Jeter; a tent at the Mets' spring-training site that would sell Rodriguez merchandise (and Rodriguez merchandise only); a store inside Shea Stadium that would sell Rodriguez merchandise (and Rodriguez merchandise only); a marketing team supplied by the Mets to work for Rodriguez (and Rodriguez only); a luxury box at Shea Stadium and other places where the Mets play; charter jet service for Rodriguez's family and friends; an escape clause after three and seven years; and a guarantee he'll remain the highest-paid player in the game....

I am sick of his constant media whoring, if he wants to stay than great but if he wants to leave well then stop using the Yankees as a bargaining table.

if there is anything we should know about the yankees is it's just buisness. the way they move players around. its not personal, its just buisness. so if a player turns the tables on the yankees and uses them ans a bargaining chip, more power to 'em. we are not talking about loyalty here. it's just buisness. does anyone think that they would hold on to the beloved golden child jeter if his stats fell? that they will let him finish out his career a yankee when he gets older his stats fall, he losses some range and he is just a season or two from some record? jeter will be shipped out just like everyone else.

hell if a classy organization like st louis would push out the wizard of ozz, jeter should already be looking over his shoulder

if there is anything we should know about the Yankees is it's just business. the way they move players around. its not personal, its just business. so if a player turns the tables on the Yankees and uses them ans a bargaining chip, more power to 'em. we are not talking about loyalty here. it's just business. does anyone think that they would hold on to the beloved golden child Jeter if his stats fell? that they will let him finish out his career a Yankee when he gets older his stats fall, he losses some range and he is just a season or two from some record? Jeter will be shipped out just like everyone else.

hell if a classy organization like st Louis would push out the wizard of Ozzy, Jeter should already be looking over his shoulder
That is all true, this goes back to The Babe, Stengel Gehrig and Jackson.

This is not about the Yankees, it's more about baseball.\
His demands are outrageous, there was word he was interested in part ownership with the Cubs if he would have signed.

If he wants to be a Yankee like he claimed then sign the generous amount the Yankees gave him, the Yankees have stated they don't want to be used as a bargaining tool to get a better deal elsewhere.

IML Gear Cream!
Tis his "super" Agent that is fucked up.

well, when a player wants the $ more than a ring.

I would think that winning would be the whole thing but he's more about money and stats.

Couldn't A-Rod at least tell his agent to wait till after the Sox win it to come out this?

No class at all.

A-rod was a nobody really till he came to New York. Yes he was a great player.

For him to be demanding things, is just stupid by both his Agent and himself. Look at the long term prostects of being big in the biggest market in Baseball. Shit if they ended up winning the World Series, he would reap so much business from other avenues, nothing could compensate incomparison to his silly demands.

But I guess you gotta look short term, and what is going to pay out right away. That is sports now a days, no one expects to be paid based on performance.

C'est la vie.

That's the way to do it Hank.

Hank Steinbrenner may be new to the baseball business, but the eldest son of George Steinbrenner knows one thing: If you don't want to be a Yankee, the Yankees don't want you.
That was Steinbrenner's message to Alex Rodriguez last night after he learned that the third baseman had opted out of the final three years of his contract, electing to become a free agent before the Yankees even had a chance to offer him an extension.
"It's clear he didn't want to be a Yankee," Hank Steinbrenner told the Daily News last night. "He doesn't understand the privilege of being a Yankee on a team where the owners are willing to pay $200 million to put a winning product on the field.
"I don't want anybody on my team that doesn't want to be a Yankee."
Rodriguez's decision means that the Texas Rangers will save almost $30 million that had been on its way to New York to help pay for the final three years of A-Rod's contract, which would have paid him $91 million over those three seasons.
The Yankees were planning to offer A-Rod a contract extension of five years and about $135 million to $140 million, a deal that would have kept the two-time MVP in pinstripes through his 40th birthday. The Yankees had not yet made the offer, as they were trying to set up a face-to-face meeting with agent Scott Boras and A-Rod, a meeting that never happened.
The Yankees have said time and time again that they will not pursue Rodriguez as a free agent because of the money they would now no longer receive from the Rangers. Last night, Steinbrenner made it clear that his team had no intention of changing its tune on that stance.
"We're not going to back down," Steinbrenner said. "It's goodbye."
According to Boras, Rodriguez wanted to know what direction the Yankees were moving in before he agreed to any contract extension, something that was unlikely to happen before Rodriguez's opt-out deadline of 10 days after the World Series.
Boras cited the uncertainty over the status of pending free agents such as Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada and Andy Pettitte as A-Rod's biggest concern. As it turns out, all Rodriguez had to do was return a phone call if he wanted that information.
Steinbrenner said last night that both he and his brother, Hal, personally placed phone calls to Rodriguez expressing their desire to keep him in pinstripes, but neither call was returned by the third baseman.
"I'll tell you this: the commitment from my family is '78 through '96," Steinbrenner said of the team's direction. "We will never go 18 years without a championship again. That's our commitment."
If the Yankees stand by their well-stated position not to bid on Rodriguez as a free agent, then one of the most controversial Yankee careers will end after four years of incredible ups and downs.
In his first season as a Yank, A-Rod hit .286 with 36 homers and 106 RBI in 2004. He carried the Yankees through the division series against the Twins and crushed the ball in the first three games of the ALCS against the Red Sox, but he went cold in the four-game fold against Boston, taking a lot of heat for the worst collapse in postseason history.
A-Rod rebounded with an MVP season in 2005, hitting .321 with 48 homers and 130 RBI, but his season ended with a disastrous 2-for-15, no-RBI performance in the five-game first-round loss to the Angels. His 2006 season (.290-35-121) was solid, but another October collapse, this time a 1-for-14 series in a four-game loss to the Tigers, left A-Rod with a label as playoff choke artist.
This year, Rodriguez came to spring training with a new attitude, and it helped him post the finest overall season of his career. But after hitting .314 with 54 home runs and 156 RBI (and a likely third career MVP award), A-Rod managed just one solo homer and three meaningless singles in another first-round playoff exit, likely the lasting image of his time in pinstripes.

Couldn't A-Rod at least tell his agent to wait till after the Sox win it to come out this?

No class at all.

Boras and Rodriguez should be shot. To a lesser extent, Rosenthal and Heyman should take some blame as well. Perhaps just cut there limbs off.

Fucking pathetic, it's like a third grade fight with those four.

so any predictions where A-Rod ends up? im thinking he is going to be a cubby. from one huge market to the next. give him back to lou.

That could be one place he might go to, imagine all the homers he would get there.

The Angels would pay for him.

IML Gear Cream!
That could be one place he might go to, imagine all the homers he would get there.

The Angels would pay for him.

sources say the angels dont want to pay that much for one member of their team

Ha! I hope he gets less than what the Yankees offered him.

he is a mercenary. he will go to the highest bidder and get his money. in one contract he played for 2 teams and still didnt finish the contract. only problem is what teams hat does he represent in the hall of fame? will that team even want him to?

I have this dream that he will go back to the Mariners for league minimum, saying things like "I've got enough money" and "I haven't loved the game since I left." Suddenly, everyone loves him and we go crazy cheering him on to break Bonds' record.

He would go down as the greatest player ever on a lot of levels. And it will, of course, never happen.

If he winds up in the AL, maybe Chamberlain will bean him. :laugh:

he is a mercenary. he will go to the highest bidder and get his money. in one contract he played for 2 teams and still didnt finish the contract. only problem is what teams hat does he represent in the hall of fame? will that team even want him to?
That is sad, if he leaves the Yanks he better expect to wear a NY hat.

I have this dream that he will go back to the Mariners for league minimum, saying things like "I've got enough money" and "I haven't loved the game since I left." Suddenly, everyone loves him and we go crazy cheering him on to break Bonds' record.

He would go down as the greatest player ever on a lot of levels. And it will, of course, never happen.
That would be every agents nightmare. :D

29th October, 2007 - 8:15 pm
Rodriguez_Alex_nyy.jpg

MLB.com -
Major League Baseball had this message for Alex Rodriguez and agent Scott Boras: shame on you.

Boras announced during Game 4 of the World Series on Sunday night that A-Rod was opting out of the final three seasons of his contract with the New York Yankees. The timing left baseball officials livid.

"We were very disappointed that Scott Boras would try to upstage our premier baseball event of the season with his announcement," Bob DuPuy, baseball's chief operating officer, said Monday in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

"There was no reason to make an announcement last night other than to try to put his selfish interests and that of one individual player above the overall good of the game," DuPuy said. "Last night and today belong to the Boston Red Sox, who should be celebrated for their achievement, and to the Colorado Rockies, who made such an unbelievable run to the World Series."

I haven't believed a word Scott Boras said in years. What a slimy fucking piece of shit. I hope he gets hit by a truck.

so does a-rod follow torre to the dodgers?

Back