• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

None of you guys are Aliens vs. Predator fans?

Nice!

I thought the first AVP was killer. I'll catch this when it hits the torrent sites.

I saw the first trailer a while back. I am definitely a fan of both movie franchises, and the first AvP wasn't bad either (a little soft for an Alien or Predator movie though). This one looks A LOT cooler (YES for the R rating).

When that one Predator shot the Alien ontop of the human and the Alien's blood ate thru the guy's face, I could just hear "DOUBLE KILL!" go off Unreal Tournament style.

ill spend the 7.50 at the movies for it

Yup Requiem shows promise. The directors are fans and are trying to capture what the first 2 brought (but then again, aren't they all?). So, less aliens and predators this time around, should provide a little more focus. Expect more boo-scares and tension apparently.

The alien/predator hybrid is pretty bad-ass looking as well.

Saw a trailer for it on a recent DVD but it didn't have very much....this trailer is much better...

AvPGalaxy - Predalien

That's what the hybrid looks like, apparently it's called a predalien. It should be a cool movie.

Ugh. But its fucking stupid. Makes NO sense to have that shit in this movie. Every other creature that an alien gestates doesnt result in an offspring with shared DNA. And if it does...where the fuck where the humanliens in the first movies + comic books?

This could be a bad sign of CHEESY things to come.. Why dont they just keep the shit simple? HUH?

Ugh. But its fucking stupid. Makes NO sense to have that shit in this movie. Every other creature that an alien gestates doesnt result in an offspring with shared DNA. And if it does...where the fuck where the humanliens in the first movies + comic books?

This could be a bad sign of CHEESY things to come.. Why dont they just keep the shit simple? HUH?

You're wrong. This is part of the Alien cannon. The aliens from first two movies walked upright (because they were from humans). However, the alien from the third movie, that gestated in a dog, ran on all fours.

The original Aliens 3 movie was supposed to take place on Earth. In that version, the aliens were supposed to mix with elephants, snakes, bulls, and other animals, and take on the characteristics of them.

This version didn't happen because Sigourney took over as executive producers of the movie and didn't have the Hollywood clout to get the budget of $100 million that the movie required. So we got a dumb ass prison with one alien.

Here's a picture of the alien bull toy. They created some of the toys from the script that was never produced before the script was changed. Notice the horns.

attachment.php

I thought in 4 they cloned Ripley and the Alien and ended up with a bunch of deformed halfbreeds

alien4-20.jpg

That's going to rule. I can't wait.

I despised AvP.

First of all, The pussifed the predators in the movie. Predators were masters of stealth, speed, strength, and awareness of their surroundings, but the predators in AvP are the predator equivalent of retards from the learning disability class.

The whole black chick forming a hunter's bond with the predator was gay. They might has well just had the predator fuck the girl in some sick inter-species mating ritual and her having a half human/predator baby.

The moving pyramid style fighting ground fortress was fucking dumb.

The cast was weak.

The storyline was weak.

Again, I am really pissed, because predator 1 and 2 rank in the top 10 of my all time favorite movies, and Aliens (alien II) rank in my top 15.

Aliens III, was boring, and Alien Resurrection was retarded. Do you mean to tell me they were able to find DNA from Ripley after she jumped into a boiling vat of led and molten metal. :rolleyes:

I wish Hollywood would stop fucking with my cherished childhood memories by raping movies like Aliens and Predator.

IML Gear Cream!
I despised AvP.

First of all, The pussifed the predators in the movie. Predators were masters of stealth, speed, strength, and awareness of their surroundings, but the predators in AvP are the predator equivalent of retards from the learning disability class.

The whole black chick forming a hunter's bond with the predator was gay. They might has well just had the predator fuck the girl in some sick inter-species mating ritual and her having a half human/predator baby.

The moving pyramid style fighting ground fortress was fucking dumb.

The cast was weak.

The storyline was weak.

Again, I am really pissed, because predator 1 and 2 rank in the top 10 of my all time favorite movies, and Aliens (alien II) rank in my top 15.

Aliens III, was boring, and Alien Resurrection was retarded. Do you mean to tell me they were able to find DNA from Ripley after she jumped into a boiling vat of led and molten metal. :rolleyes:

I wish Hollywood would stop fucking with my cherished childhood memories by raping movies like Aliens and Predator.

I thought that part of the movie was cool. It goes against the real predator movies since they kill humans...but I thought that was neat. AVP wasn't that great overall though.

I despised AvP.

First of all, The pussifed the predators in the movie. Predators were masters of stealth, speed, strength, and awareness of their surroundings, but the predators in AvP are the predator equivalent of retards from the learning disability class. they were "students"

The whole black chick forming a hunter's bond with the predator was gay. They might has well just had the predator fuck the girl in some sick inter-species mating ritual and her having a half human/predator baby. This is actually what happens in the comic book, but its more elaborate and more convincing. I do remember a few cheesy moments in the film though, which made the entire idea kind of....basic.

The moving pyramid style fighting ground fortress was fucking dumb. ill agree

The cast was weak. TERRIBLE acting

The storyline was weak. I read the comic, so I am biased. If its not the comic's story, then I dont like it

Thats a pretty good summarization you got there on the breakdown on each movie.

I now like Alien 3 more than Alien 4. Alien 4 is THE movie that signifies hollywood taking over.

You're wrong. This is part of the Alien cannon. The aliens from first two movies walked upright (because they were from humans). However, the alien from the third movie, that gestated in a dog, ran on all fours.

The original Aliens 3 movie was supposed to take place on Earth. In that version, the aliens were supposed to mix with elephants, snakes, bulls, and other animals, and take on the characteristics of them.

This version didn't happen because Sigourney took over as executive producers of the movie and didn't have the Hollywood clout to get the budget of $100 million that the movie required. So we got a dumb ass prison with one alien.

Here's a picture of the alien bull toy. They created some of the toys from the script that was never produced before the script was changed. Notice the horns.

attachment.php

I had 2 of each TOY. Even the Freight Loader. But I still dont buy your point. Not that youre wrong, I just believe its a BAD idea.

The original alien spawned off sequels because of its first appearance. H. R. Giger designed a PERFECT beast. Why go fuck it up? Changing it around just makes it look like some assholes are running out of ideas.

Alien 3's movement was on its hind legs a lot too. In fact, whos to say how the other ones moved in the first movies? Thats REALLY splitting hairs. They didnt have the technology to show the asshole in the alien suit running around realistically. I think when they finally could show the alien moving, they had it on all 4 legs to display that this thing is a monster. Id be more scared of something on 4 legs than on 2.

Other than the Queen.

I agree. I likes the way aliens were in the first 3 alien movies, especially aliens. I loved how cool predator was in predator 1 and 2.

Hollywood lost its creativity and artist abilities somewhere near the mid 90s. Now everything is commercialized shit that followers some dumb fucking formula that they know will make money. I fuckign hate it when someone produces a great movie, then some douche nozzle buys the rights and then ruins it with a pathetic attempt at creating another movie based off of the originals.

Now, well, I thought Alien 3's movement was pretty bad. Even for its time, I was very aware that I was watching a cartoon running around.

I actually sat back and pondered the idea of NEVER seeing the aliens run around and just see them grab people, get up, or turn their heads sharply as they did in the first two movies. :thinking: I dont know...it might be better. Even the aliens moving around in AVP looked fake. The only time I thought it was real was when the Queen was outside in the snow, but the cold atmosphere hid the cartoonish effects...but it also hid her beastly details.

Who cares though. Ill still see this movie and enjoy it for what its worth. Id just really like to be surprised, thats all.

I like that this is rated R, but I think its rated that way for what you see in the clips. Gore. I have been desensitized to gore, so now I see it as a cheesy result most of the time.

I'm not sure I like the idea of an alien/prediator hybrid either. Why not leave them be; both are badass enough on their own. Will still watch this one though, not sure if I'll wait for the DVD/HDDVD release though, given that I will be with my family when it comes out in theatres (and they are not really theatre people).

AvPGalaxy - Predalien

That's what the hybrid looks like, apparently it's called a predalien. It should be a cool movie.
Damn, looks like you need to be a member to view the enlarged pictures.

I'm not sure I like the idea of an alien/prediator hybrid either. Why not leave them be; both are badass enough on their own. Will still watch this one though, not sure if I'll wait for the DVD/HDDVD release though, given that I will be with my family when it comes out in theatres (and they are not really theatre people).

Damn, looks like you need to be a member to view the enlarged pictures.

That they are. Perfect definition on quality vs. quantity.

I just watched AvP2.

It was god-awful.

*SPOILERS*

The Aliens weren't Aliens. They were special needs visitors from another planet. The hiss, they wait, and if you don't kill them, they'll kill you. At no point were they really scary. Hell, the scenes in Aliens (the second movie) that built the tension before you actually see the creatures, was a hundred times scarier.

The Predator did come across as kick-ass (if not also somewhat retarded). If only because the Aliens weren't. And what was the point of taking off his armor before the final fight? And why did they Pred-Alien wait for him to do it?

Plot holes abound.

The characters were all throwaways. I didn't give a rat's ass who died or not.

Not to mention that the writers just decided to ignore a lot of the Alien and Predator cannon. The Pred-Aliens puts it's young in the humans? And only pregnant human? WTF?!

And the pacing in the movie sucked shit. Long, pretty much useless, pizza delivery scene? Check. 10 minute baby to adult Alien? Check. Long pointless mommy-comes-home-but-I-like-daddy-better scene for two-dimensional throw away characters scene (the died dies the next time you see him)? Check. 20 seconds of screen time before the National Guard (who show-up in less than a hour after being called) before they die? Check.

And on and on and on...

What a waste of time.

I just read the first 2 sentences of your post DOMS, I still have to rent it. I've been a big fan of Predator and ALIEN since I was a kid. I have to rent it. I must, I....I...I...... can't help it :nail:

This is why big money goes into bad movies :(

Back