• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

2 popular supps being recalled because they contain a prescription drug

workingatit43

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Take this for whats it worth i do not believe everything posted on internet i will wait till there is more info before making a judgement. I came across this on another forum

VPX No Shotgun BSN cellmass contain traces of coumarin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VPX 'No Shotgun' & BSN 'Cell Mass' Body Building Powders
Medicine recall
Level: Consumer Class: I
Reference: RN-2007-0691 Date agreed: 22 October 2007
Product: VPX 'No Shotgun' & BSN 'Cell Mass' Body Building Powders
Batch number: All batches
Sponsor: Crestkey Pty Ltd
Phone: 02 6281 6999 Elite Physique
Reason: These products contain traces of the prescription drug coumarin

Letters are expected to be dispatched by the sponsor within two working days of the agreed date.

ADVICE TO CONSUMERS:

If you have a container of VPX: NO SHOTGUN or BSN: CELL MASS do not use it. Return it to the place of purchase for a refund
Recall notices are expected to appear in the Canberra Times on Monday 29 October 2007
Classification system:

Class I defects are potentially life-threatening or could cause a serious risk to health.

Class II defects could cause illness or mistreatment, but are not Class I.

Class III defects may not pose a significant hazard to health, but withdrawal may be initiated for other reasons.

Class I & II recalls are considered to be safety related recalls.

I questioned VPX about this and they are investigating the problem. That said, coumarin is found in cinammon extract, which is used for flavoring many products, including NO Shotgun.

Just remember that even with the best of intentions, sometimes a mistake occurs in manufacturing. This goes for all companies, even those with excellent quality control.

VPX just sent this to me...

Shotgun Press Release,

"VPX has called the TGA which is the Australian equivalent to our FDA on more than a dozen occasions and they have failed to provide us with any concrete information to indicate that Shotgun tested positive for coumarin. We have also demanded that the TGA provide us with the test results that indicate Shotgun tested positive for coumarin in writing in the correspondence posted below. Again, the TGA gave us the run around. Please read for yourself below.

We then called an Australian supplement distributor who informed us that the TGA retracted the recall, but again the Australian government would not comment on this as you can see in the correspondence below.

We have tested NO Shotgun in house qualitatively and quantitatively with HPLC and IR and have found NO traces of coumarin. We are also having San Rafeal test Shotgun to further verify via third party the absence of coumarin.

Has anyone asked themselves why the Australian Government would randomly test VPX Shotgun? Well, hopefully you guys are smart enough to figure this out on your own. Hint, Shotgun kicks ass and takes huge chunks business away from the competition.

Even if these tests were authentic, one Cinnamon Bun in the mall contains more coumarin that an entire container of Shotgun! Also, coumarin is Schedule IV which is far less than ephedra, steroids, and prohormones. Also, botanical coumarins are excellent to lower blood sugar, blood pressure and a induce a myriad of other health related benefits. Get familiar with Google but don't stop at the third reference!!! Also, the drug Coumadin is taken in amounts of 1 to 10 mgs by patients daily as a blood thinning agent -- Even if these tests were authentic you would have to consume 3000 bottles of Shotgun to equal one 10 mg dosage of Coumadin. These points are all mute because Shotgun does not contain coumarin!"

VPX just sent this to me...

Shotgun Press Release,

"VPX has called the TGA which is the Australian equivalent to our FDA on more than a dozen occasions and they have failed to provide us with any concrete information to indicate that Shotgun tested positive for coumarin. We have also demanded that the TGA provide us with the test results that indicate Shotgun tested positive for coumarin in writing in the correspondence posted below. Again, the TGA gave us the run around. Please read for yourself below.

We then called an Australian supplement distributor who informed us that the TGA retracted the recall, but again the Australian government would not comment on this as you can see in the correspondence below.

We have tested NO Shotgun in house qualitatively and quantitatively with HPLC and IR and have found NO traces of coumarin. We are also having San Rafeal test Shotgun to further verify via third party the absence of coumarin.

Has anyone asked themselves why the Australian Government would randomly test VPX Shotgun? Well, hopefully you guys are smart enough to figure this out on your own. Hint, Shotgun kicks ass and takes huge chunks business away from the competition.

Even if these tests were authentic, one Cinnamon Bun in the mall contains more coumarin that an entire container of Shotgun! Also, coumarin is Schedule IV which is far less than ephedra, steroids, and prohormones. Also, botanical coumarins are excellent to lower blood sugar, blood pressure and a induce a myriad of other health related benefits. Get familiar with Google but don't stop at the third reference!!! Also, the drug Coumadin is taken in amounts of 1 to 10 mgs by patients daily as a blood thinning agent -- Even if these tests were authentic you would have to consume 3000 bottles of Shotgun to equal one 10 mg dosage of Coumadin. These points are all mute because Shotgun does not contain coumarin!"

Yes could very well be competition could be trying to screw VPX and BSN money will make people do alot of crazy stuff. I just saw it and if you believe everything you see on the internet i still have that new supp i created Anabolic ScrewJob for sale for $79.99:thumb:

Back