• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I Am Legend

AKIRA

I am Rollo Tomassee..
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Unpredictably, I saw this movie twice today.

All in all, this movie was pretty damn good. If youre a dog lover, youll love this movie. Well............yeah, youll love it.

Some things I must say about it that I did not like:

1. The special effects sucked. The backgrounds were good (isolation, deserted NY scenes), but the creatures and I mean every one, looked like a cartoon to me. I seem to remember going to the theater and getting dazzled and then possibly, seeing some "fakeness" to those special effects when I got the Dvd months later. No, I noticed the fake shit from the get go.

2. Not all the questions were answered. I know they arent supposed to be, but a lot were, so I thought theyd close the deal and answer all the questions. Without giving away spoilers, I cannot give any more hint.

In totality, its a really good flick. Worth buying. Worth seeing twice in the theater.

Will and Sam made this movie.

it was the first movie i've walked out of in a LONG time where i said "damn, that was good". Very surprised that Will Smith could pull off the single actor carrying a movie thing; have a new respect for him

-how did they film the city scenes btw?

umm, as far as the mutating virus...ya think they'd test it, retest it, then test it again, while in the initial production stage, no?

my only real complaint of the movie is they should have made it three hours long and done a full explanation of the virus, what happened etc, then jump forward three years with Will...

I loooooooved the movie up until the last 3-5 minutes of the movie, but the rest was so spectacularly done I can forgive it. The ending left a LOTto be desired, but the rest of the movie was performed so magnificently that I can just pretend it ended some other way. It was really disappointing though that something done so well through the rest of the movie could end with this incomplete feeling. Like the producers said "Oh shit, we have 2 hours of footage already. Quick, someone wrap this up!"

I am going to see this tomorrow. Looks awesome.

opps disregard my other post AKIRA. I recently saw "American Gangster". Awesome movie.

I saw it last night. Awesome movie but the ending was so quick. I loved it but walking out I felt like there was a lot missing.

they actually close down a bunch of streets and fill them with empty cars? was the grass and all that computer or "real"?

they actually close down a bunch of streets and fill them with empty cars? was the grass and all that computer or "real"?
I'm so sure about the grass part, it could be CGI but they did close down a few blocks.
They pissed off everybody, one person even called in a bomb threat, it was a fake threat..one to get rid of them.

IML Gear Cream!
Wiki

Akiva Goldsman decided to move the story from Los Angeles to New york City to take advantage of locations that would more easily show emptiness Goldsman explained, "L.A. looks empty at three o'clock in the afternoon, [but] New York is never empty... it was a much more interesting way of showing the windswept emptiness of the world." Warner Brothers initially rejected this idea because of the logistics. but Francis Lawrence was determined to shoot on location, to give the film a natural feel that would not benefit from shooting on soundstages. Lawrence went to the city with a camcorder, and filmed areas filled with crowds. Then, a special effects test was conducted to remove all those people. The test had a powerful effect on studio executives. Michael Tadross convinced authorities to close busy areas such as the Grand Central Terminal viaduct, several blocks of Fifth Avenue and Washington Square Park.
Filming began on September 23, 2006.The Marcy Avenue Armory in Williamsburg was used for the interior of Neville's home, while Greenwich Village was used for the exterior. Other locations including the Tribeca section of Lower Manhattan, the aircraft carrier Intrepid, the Kingsbridge Armory in the Bronx and St. Paul's Cathedral. Weeds were imported from Florida and were strewn across locations to make the city look like it had overgrown with them. The closure of major streets was controversial with New Yorkers. Will Smith said, "I don't think anyone's going to be able to do that in New York again any time soon. People were not happy. That's the most middle fingers I've ever gotten in my career."

I won't give away the ending, but think it was satisfying as far as it goes, but not nearly as appealing, from my angle, as the foregoing material. That brings up my one complaint: the title. By the end of the movie, we have some sense of the meaning of the title. Yet it still seems to me to feel cheesy and really unworthy of the movie.
If I had the chance to pick my ending it would have Smith and the Dog Samantha tastfully having an affair and producing a new race.
The Man-Dogs name will be Dog spelled backwards.

Hopefully by the time I watch it on DVD they will have a directors cut with a full ending if so many say it sucked so bad....

Those were real NYC street scenes.

Deserted because people were too afraid of danny and his cru, terrified to leave their houses..

A similar thing happend in Europe when danny was on his London vacation:
28-days-later-empty-street-small.jpg

I saw it last night. Awesome movie but the ending was so quick. I loved it but walking out I felt like there was a lot missing.

I agree 100%. The film was great until it just ended all of the sudden.

I also didn't think they cast the girl and the little boy well. I didn't care about them.

Crono liked it. Masturbation, peeing or japanese girls appeared in that movie.

IML Gear Cream!
:roflmao:
Deserted because people were too afraid of danny and his cru, terrified to leave their houses..

A similar thing happend in Europe when danny was on his London vacation:
28-days-later-empty-street-small.jpg

Hahaha Danny"s crew eats ppl.:roflmao: thats pretty ganster yo

That dog was freakin awesome.will smith did great solo work too.

Weird so far I have only heard negative things about this film. I didn't really have a desire to see it but I think I have gotten 4 reviews from friends so far who canned it.

My dad even went out of his way to send me an email saying him and his girlfriend hated it, he thought it might be something I would go see and he felt like he had to warn me.

Samantha"d kick Lassie's ass....and then go find timmy and tell him where to fnd lassie's body.

Weird so far I have only heard negative things about this film. I didn't really have a desire to see it but I think I have gotten 4 reviews from friends so far who canned it.

My dad even went out of his way to send me an email saying him and his girlfriend hated it, he thought it might be something I would go see and he felt like he had to warn me.

The movie was too short. For example, they really didn't explore the main character's borderline insanity from living without human contact for so long. They also didn't cover why one of the nightstalkers was more intelligent than the rest.

Plus, the end was rushed and not that good.

Don't get me wrong, all-in-all, it was fun to watch and had some great suspenseful, and claustrophobic, moments.

how did they film the city scenes btw?

I remember them shutting down the brooklyn bridge, lincoln tunnel, almost half of NYC to shoot the movie. They had to bring in tanks I believe (didnt see the movie yet so I wouldn't know) But I'd pass by the set everyday otw to work in the summer

Saw this tonight, loved it. I didn't have an issue with the ending. Yeah, there were things left unexplained, but I prefer that than having some dumbass scene where the character "explains" everything out loud to himself, just so we hear it. I like the unsaid parts. Gives me some work to do on my own.

The CGI work was just OK. But like DOMS, I would have liked more time exploring the depths of Smith's sanity after going to long without seeing other people. The scene in the video store was nice ("Please say hello to me...."), but would have liked more in that area.

Overall, darn fine move, and I think the best adaptation of the book so far. Four stars (out of five).

I remember them shutting down the brooklyn bridge, lincoln tunnel, almost half of NYC to shoot the movie. They had to bring in tanks I believe (didnt see the movie yet so I wouldn't know) But I'd pass by the set everyday otw to work in the summer

economically how can they do this? at what level does a movie have to be to be able to go to the city office and say "uhh, we need to shut down damn near the whole island of manhattan for a while to film our little zombie movie"...makes for great scenes in the movie, but damn it'd piss me off to be that put out for some fucking movie

the animal CGI was absolutely unacceptably poor, considering the budget this movie had.

however, the cinematography was good, and Will Smith played an excellent role, as did his canine counterpart

Back