• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Post Workout Flexing Pro/Con

highpockets

STILL workin' it!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
O.K. admit it, we all do it. Stand in front of the mirror and flex a bit after working out to see how we are progressing. Like one great golf shot keeps the duffer coming back to the course, a bit of self-indulged flexing while pumped up, keeps us coming back to the gym. Nothing wrong with it and I admit it, I do it all the time. I like to see my gains.

When I was younger and worked out at a gym versus at home now, I heard that post workout flexing is important for muscle growth. What's everyone's take on this. Just how important is it or is it just a vane thing we indulge in? How serious should I take the flexing?

Women, weigh in on this also. I'm interested in hearing from all sides.

I'm no bodybuilder, but I will admit I like it when I walk past someone and they say, 'Damn that dude is big'.

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

Last edited:
Flexing has no value besides stroking your ego.

Working hard and eating right are where the results come from.

Arnold Schwarzenegger writes in Encyclopedia that continuous posing and flexing seems to have its effect. He has made an observation that his physique often looked better a day or two after he did continuous and day-long posing routines for magazines and the like.

Hey, I am just a newbie! Admittedly, I do enjoy the posing post workout, no matter what the reflection says :)

Arnold Schwarzenegger writes in Encyclopedia that continuous posing and flexing seems to have its effect. He has made an observation that his physique often looked better a day or two after he did continuous and day-long posing routines for magazines and the like.

Hey, I am just a newbie! Admittedly, I do enjoy the posing post workout, no matter what the reflection says :)

Paper is patient. Only photographs (before / after) would convince me.

Flexing has no value besides stroking your ego.

Working hard and eating right are where the results come from.

Well I certainly work hard and try to eat right. I've got my bench up to 320lbs and would like to work on increasing my deadlift, but I've got a couple of bum knees I'm working on. I'll be 47 next month and my goal is to maintain a 300+ bench at the age of 50.

Thanks for the input.

Well I certainly work hard and try to eat right. I've got my bench up to 320lbs and would like to work on increasing my deadlift, but I've got a couple of bum knees I'm working on. I'll be 47 next month and my goal is to maintain a 300+ bench at the age of 50.

Thanks for the input.

Sounds to me like you wouldnt need flexing even if it did something. Dont worry about the little things like that, if you're improving steadily and maintaining a good level of fitness you're all set whatever your age :thumb:.

Back