• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Do you think I overtrained?

RasPlasch

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am on my strength training part of my workout. But the bad thing is that I forgot how long I have been doing it. Lately my lifts have started to plateau. Well I thought that I would do 1 last strength training workout today. I started with benching and I usually do my last set at 180lbs as many reps as I can do. But I couldn't even bench 175lbs 5x today. So I decided to move on to DB press. I usually can do 70lbs 5x. I couldn't even do 60lbs 5x. So after that set I was so pissed I just decided to quit and go home. The part that I think is weird...is that I really haven't been lifting that much. Like maybe 3 times a week, 4 times at the most. But usually 1-3 times.

What do you guys think? Should I take some time off?

Do you think you overtrained?
r do you just want people to confirm what you already know.

I don't know for sure if I overtrained....which is why I asked this question.

overtraining doesn't occur in one training session. it is an event that takes place over an extended period of time. it is impossible to say you are overtraining without understanding:

a) what you have been doing for the past few months

b) what all the other stressors in your life are like (school, work, family, financial, training, etc). Stress resistance fluctuates depending on how much stress is coming in and what your body can adapt to and handle.

The most important thing you should learn from this: Create some kind of record of your training - any kind of notebook or chronologically organized collection of papers will do. A journal of some kind is absolutely critical for anyone who wants to achieve any kind of fitness-related goal.

I do keep a journal of my lifts, and I bring it with me everytime I lift.

could have just been a bad day. i doubt your overtrained.. trust me, you would know.. its not a good feeling.

Yeah I'm hoping it was a bad day haha. Im just gonna take a little break and move onto hypertrophy(sp?) training.

We all have bad days sometimes. If this performance repeats itself then you may have a problem. Although it varies, I tend to notice then when my training starts to outpace recovery my will to workout decreases, I have more trouble waking up in the morning, I feel tired throughout the day, and I don't enjoy training as much when I'm in the process. There are lots of other possible symptoms, but I feel like a general lack of motivation is a pretty common one from talking to other lifters about overtraining.

If you have started to enter overtraining territory, don't be distraught. If your performance has decreased some, then a properly implemented unload should allow you to rebound back beyond your previous performance levels.

Thanks for the reasponse CowPimp!

IML Gear Cream!
If you have started to enter overtraining territory, don't be distraught. If your performance has decreased some, then a properly implemented unload should allow you to rebound back beyond your previous performance levels.

and sometimes even exceed them...

how can you determine cns overtraining vs physical?

Back