• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Watched two good movies.

Doublebase

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Eastern Promises and Death Sentence. Eastern Promises has to do with the Russian Mob and stars that guy from "A History of Violence". Death Sentence is about a Dad who becomes a vigilante to avenge his sons murder. Starring Kevin Bacon. I highly recommend both of these movies. Anyone else see these?

I've wanted to see Death Sentence, but am a little skeptical because of Kevin Bacon. He did a pretty good job though huh?

thanks. i've been watching a lot of movies lately and wasn't sure these two were worth getting. i liked The Hunting Party but nothing has blown me away lately.

Yeah Kevin Bacon was great in it. He is one of my favorite actors though so I'm a bit partial. So "The hunting party" was ok? I may get that and 3:10 to yuma tonight.

the hunting party was really good and it will leave you thinking. i haven't seen 3:10 to yuma. i have He Was a Quiet Man andJoshua to watch tonite.

"3:10 to yuma" is a great flick! Excellent acting and very cool action scenes!

:thumbs:

I was kinda disappointed with Death Sentence. Kevin Bacon was awesome in it...but the story...think the writer/director was making a statement of: don't take the law into your hands..

**spoiler alert**
when he went to such detail to find the right weapon to exact his revenge, but he didn't do anything to hide his appearance, hence his being ID'd right away...was annoying.

IML Gear Cream!
I just saw Good Luck Chuck and Rush Hour 3 and thought both movies were good, despite bad reviews for the latter.

Fell asleep during both of them...

The went back to the rental place half-watched

I finally watched the new Transformers movie last night and was really disappointed. It was far too youthful, obviously aimed at the 10-14 demographic with the little Decepticon guys mumbling around like Jar-Jar Binks, the over-the-top anti-authority attitudes by the kids, and the absurdity of John Turturro's character.

The movie just felt really long to me, which is hard to do, since I'm someone who found There Will Be Blood to be captivating cover-to-cover.

I finally watched the new Transformers movie last night and was really disappointed. It was far too youthful, obviously aimed at the 10-14 demographic with the little Decepticon guys mumbling around like Jar-Jar Binks, the over-the-top anti-authority attitudes by the kids, and the absurdity of John Turturro's character.

The movie just felt really long to me, which is hard to do, since I'm someone who found There Will Be Blood to be captivating cover-to-cover.

I feel the same about your assessment of how the deceptions talked, and Turturro's character. The decepticons talked damn near better than the autobots in the cartoons. Especially Megatron and Starscream. I would have liked to have seen more bots fightign and less human plot...especially that dumb fucking Australian bitch and her black friend. OMFG, those two did not belong in the movie.

Those problems aside, I loved the movie. The bots were fantastic! The part where Bonecrusher was roller blading down the interstate was fucking awesome! A sequel is in order, with more robots, and less human story.

^That IS outrageous, indeed. I can watch that movie over and over.

Of course, I dont know why they casted John Turturro as the agent. It really didnt seem to fit, regardless of the need for a comic relief.

Some of the comments the aliens made were childish, but there werent that many.

And the ending left me wanting more as I thought Optimus got his ass kicked way too much.

I dont know if this is a fair comparison, but the movie's nature reminded me of the first TMNT movie. Childish at times, but fun nonetheless.

I feel the same about your assessment of how the deceptions talked, and Turturro's character. The decepticons talked damn near better than the autobots in the cartoons. Especially Megatron and Starscream. I would have liked to have seen more bots fightign and less human plot...especially that dumb fucking Australian bitch and her black friend. OMFG, those two did not belong in the movie.

Those problems aside, I loved the movie. The bots were fantastic! The part where Bonecrusher was roller blading down the interstate was fucking awesome! A sequel is in order, with more robots, and less human story.

Whoops, I was supposed to reply to ABG, not you.

IML Gear Cream!
Another movie that had too many slow parts. Also...I dont understand Russell's sudden change of heart during the last 1/4 of the movie.

I agree with you on both obersvations about 3:10 to Yuma.

This Paris Hilton movie grossed $76 per screen on its opening day compared to Foolâ??????s Gold which opened with an estimated $7.81M on opening day. Ouch!
I think she should take a hint, no one likes her.

she sucks good cock..........I like her.

I couldnt stand it. I was constantly wondering "why is he his chum now?"
Crow's character was more then a little "unhinged." Spending all that time with batman, he developed a certain amount of respect for this simple farmer, trying to do right by his family. Having survived the shootouts towards the end, together, just reinforced that feeling in Crow's character, that's why he takes it so personally, when "you-know-what" happens at the end. Let me reiterate, the guy was a serious Nutjob.

Also, I dug Eastern Promises. Though seeing a French guy, Scandinavian guy & British guy, all trying to act Russian, was very funny. But at least they actually made them talk russian, not some gibberish. (For the record, French guy had the best pronunciation.)

I just watched Death Sentence. Good movie.

Back