• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Type 1 diabetic bodybuilding

flasharc

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Any Type 1 diabetics out there like me??
I am 39 years old and type 1, I am using my insulin to my advantage.
Started a few months ago at the gym, and changed my way of taking shots.
I use Lantus and Humolog.
Us diabetics don't have the advantage of taking a high sugar and protein after workout to turn our bodies on to insulin turn on,, we control that through a shot. The key is, we control!!
Timing with our protein and carbs is key!!
First, talk to your doctor, let them know of your change,, You will be testing or taking shots more frequently, they can adjust any prescriptions for insurance to cover the charge.
Always test your blood sugar!!

You might have read about the importance of insulin.. It is the most important to getting that protein and carbs to repair muscle. The faster the better!!

I have been working on timing, nutrition, and weight training to use this to my advantage!!

If you want to learn more about turning this disease of diabetise into your advantage, let me know!
My mail is stawill@charter.net
Scott

My brother is a type 1 diabetic. Let's hear some thoughts.

I am interested.
I am also type1 diabetic, have been since the age of 15 and am 31 now.
Getting back into the training game as the missis says i'm not as muscular as I used to be!

I have a friend with type I diabetes - he has to be mindful that his insulin needs drop when he's about to train because GLUT4 translocation is stimulated by movement. It's a tricky little dance to get the levels right. If he forgets and takes his usual insulin, he has to get in more glucose to compensate and that means fat gain.

How do you currently manage, DrB?

Don't let it control you, you control it.

Ever since my brother bought into this mindset, he's been doing excellent with it.

I remember DuncanDonuts saying he used the insulin shots as a performance enhancer in the gym, but I'm not entirely sure how he went about doing that.

Any Type 1 diabetics out there like me??
I am 39 years old and type 1, I am using my insulin to my advantage.
Started a few months ago at the gym, and changed my way of taking shots.
I use Lantus and Humolog.
Us diabetics don't have the advantage of taking a high sugar and protein after workout to turn our bodies on to insulin turn on,, we control that through a shot. The key is, we control!!
Timing with our protein and carbs is key!!
First, talk to your doctor, let them know of your change,, You will be testing or taking shots more frequently, they can adjust any prescriptions for insurance to cover the charge.
Always test your blood sugar!!

You might have read about the importance of insulin.. It is the most important to getting that protein and carbs to repair muscle. The faster the better!!

I have been working on timing, nutrition, and weight training to use this to my advantage!!

If you want to learn more about turning this disease of diabetise into your advantage, let me know!
My mail is stawill@charter.net
Scott
What happen to this guy he has only one post. i guess it didn't workout for him.

Back