• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Question about Bill Starr's 5x5

ecwholic

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
For those of you who are familiar with the routine, is it common to stall a bit during the 6th week or so? It happend to me today, and I've read in other people's journals that they've also stalled around the 6th week or so. Although its only my bench, its the first time in quite a while that I didn't see any improvement from the previous week. Any comments??

The program is not infinite. After about 4-5 weeks, I would start looking to make changes in order to continue progression in a linear manner.

The program is not infinite. After about 4-5 weeks, I would start looking to make changes in order to continue progression in a linear manner.

I see, should I change some of the assistance exercises that go along with the 3 main workouts apart of the program?

Week 6 tends to be "the wall" for most people.

I see, should I change some of the assistance exercises that go along with the 3 main workouts apart of the program?

you can:
a) unload volume and intensity and then start slightly lower than where you are now and try and work back up.

b) unload volume and intensity and transition into an intensification phase where you move to higher intensity (less sets and reps).

c) unload and then swap out exercises and train different lifts

you can:
a) unload volume and intensity and then start slightly lower than where you are now and try and work back up.

b) unload volume and intensity and transition into an intensification phase where you move to higher intensity (less sets and reps).

c) unload and then swap out exercises and train different lifts

sounds good. With c), would a good example be like switching flat BB press with 5x5 decline bb press for a few weeks, convential squats with front squats etc.?

Well, I've overcome that plateau and some. I decided, maybe its time to add more calories to my bulk since I had hit a small rut, and it made quite an impact in the gym.

sounds good. With c), would a good example be like switching flat BB press with 5x5 decline bb press for a few weeks, convential squats with front squats etc.?

That works for sure. I would suggest investing some time strnegthening your overhead press too though. I have found that when my overhead press goes up, so does my bench, although the reverse is not necessarily true.

That works for sure. I would suggest investing some time strnegthening your overhead press too though. I have found that when my overhead press goes up, so does my bench, although the reverse is not necessarily true.

I think my incline press has played a part in my gain as well. Since I started the routine weeks ago, even though there was a small rut on the flat bench, my max incline has just gone through the roof, at least 25 lb gain on my max thus far with gains every week. I think my diet has played a huge role in this as well, no way I could see myself getting these gains on a maintainance diet.

Back