• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Newly Discovered Shellfish Allergy

GSXR750

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been doing research yesterday and today to try and understand it. If anyone else has it or is an allergist, advice would be appreciated. I have an appointment with an allergist today. It really sucks becuase I love eating shellfish...especially shrimp. Here's the story... Saturday night the girl and I went out for dinner. I had 8 garlic shrimp, artichoke rissoto and steamed veggies. As soon as we came home (30mins. after eating) I was beet red with blotches all down my chest and to about mid tricep on the backside. At an hour I was having difficulty breathing and started to contemplate the ER. Luckily my neighbor came over with prescription benadryl. 15 mins. after taking it I started to feel normal. Scary stuff. No more shellfish for me.

That is rough. You got the right idea getting an appointment ASAP. I have nothing to offfer but good luck.

A couple years ago I split an order of clams with a friend and she had a similiar reaction and she had no idea she was allergic. She got all puffy and red. Of course we were 1000 miles from home, but she was contemplating going to the ER as well until be got her some benedryl .

my mom is allergic to iodine. no seafood. you should carry benedryl till you know for sure what you reacted to. it happened to tess once and she thinks it was jalepeno.

Back