• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Training tips

Wayne08

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
:hiya: I've been reading up alot about other peoples training and noticed that everyone is training only 3 days a week. They say you need 48 hours rest peroid in between but I train five days a week:

Monday= chest
Tuesday= back
Wednesday= legs
Thursday= shoulders
Friday= arms
Saturday/Sunday= rest

each bodypart I spend an hour training it in the gym per night.
So by doing my training this way am I over training and do I need to have more rest peroids. Is my routine in the correct position or should I change it around for maximum results.

You could be overtraining, yes. You improve outside the gym when you recover from what you did in the gym.

The problem with your setup is that you are more than likely overtraining your shoulders and triceps as they are involved in the same movements as eachother and chest movements as well.

Another problem is that you're devoted far too much time to upper body and neglecting your legs, and you arent doing nearly enough pulling work.

This is the folly of bodypart splits - you double up on some things and leave other stuff out.

The better way to set things up is in terms of upper or lower body movements, and whether those movements are a push or a pull, in the horizontal or vertical planes of movement.

So a bench press is an upper body horizontal push, where pullups are an upper body vertical pull, and deadlifts are a lower pull and squats are a lower push.

This is far more efficient, as this way of thinking lends itself to the inclusion of bigger compound movements rather than single-joint isolation movements, plus you dont have to be in the gym every day.

My advice would be to read the stickied topics at the top of the training forum and put together a program using that info. Its hard to get your head around at first, but it honestly makes more sense this way, and youll see better results for sure.

Welcome to IM.

I wouldn't do a seperate arms or shoulder day. Both of them are incorporated in your chest and back work. Just vary which muscles you emphasize.

I personally wouldn't lift weights more than 3 days in a row and I wouldn't lift more than 4 times a week.

first thing damn gaz amazing responce. next me personaly i like to do front delts on my first chest day. then i like back, bis, parts of my medial and rear delt. next chest day is more focused on my chest with a small amount of isolation for tris. then next back day is for larger back development focused on lats and traps. legs i train with cardio. go ahead tell me i am wrong but i cant train legs like every one else.

I've been reading some of my books and put together a new routine and was wanting your opinions before I put to test.

I'm not keen on doing the three day split as I would find that I was craming to much into one workout. So I've come up with a 4 day split here it is:

Workout 1: Chest, triceps
Workout 2: Legs, calves, abs
Wednesday off
Workout 3: Shoulders, traps
Workout 4: back, biceps, forearms.
Weekend off.
Wot do you :thinking:

I've been reading some of my books and put together a new routine and was wanting your opinions before I put to test.

I'm not keen on doing the three day split as I would find that I was craming to much into one workout. So I've come up with a 4 day split here it is:

Workout 1: Chest, triceps
Workout 2: Legs, calves, abs
Wednesday off
Workout 3: Shoulders, traps
Workout 4: back, biceps, forearms.
Weekend off.
Wot do you :thinking:

It's better than that other one, but still not great. Besides, its hard to give any constructive advice as its just a split - the split is just one piece of the puzzle, what movements are you using? Sets? Reps? Rest Intervals? Intensity? Etc. Etc.

Monday: chest= bench press, incline bench press, decline bench press, dumbbell presses, incline dumbbell presses, pec deck flys.

triceps= Push-downs, one-arm dumbbell triceps extensions, reverse push downs.

Tuesday: legs= Angled leg presses, hack squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, standing leg curls, seated leg curls, standing calf raises.

Thursday: shoulders= seated dumbbell presses, lateral dumbbell raises, alternate front arm raises, low-pulley bent-over lateral raises, nautilus lateral raises, upright rows, dumbbell shrugs, bar shrugs.

Friday: back= lat pull-downs, back lat pull-downs, seated rows, freestanding t-bar rows.

Arms= curls, hammer curls, machine curls, barbell curls, reverse curls, high pulley curls.

I hope you can understand this.

Looks like a hell of a lot of volume, your doing just about every excersize under the sun for your chest and shoulders, personally I dont see the need to be doing flat bench,incline,decline,db bench, incline db bench and flyes all in one sitting.

Yeah...what Stan said.

You say you dont wanna cram too much into one session in a 3-day split, but you're doing THAT many movements in a session?

Did you even read that first post i made up there? Or the stickies?

Seriously.

Simply put:

Too much volume.
Too much frequency.
Too much arm work (six curl variations? wtf?)
Too much pressing.

Not enough rest.
Not enough pulling.
Not enough leg work.
Not enough thought put into this program.

Go re-read that first post of mine, then the stickies. If you want help you're gonna have to put some time in yourself.

IML Gear Cream!
Forget about body parts and start training movements. Focus on a push workout, a pull workout, and a legs workout. Incorporate more compound lifts and a lot less isolation exercises. Add some cardio on your days off.

If you train movements, you'll hit all the bodyparts you want. I would do a Push/off/Legs/off/Pull/off type of split.

Back