• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

summers over - time to bulk?

Baumer

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Now that summer's almost over, do you guys get away from worrying about bodyfat and watching calories, carb, fat intake and try to bulk up? I cut up the last few months, but I really want to try and put on like 15 pounds over the winter.

I've been bulking since my honeymoon in April. I was cut up then and weighed 172. I currently weigh 200lbs. I'm going to keep bulking until I get to 215 then I'll start cutting again. It's funny, bulking up from 172 to 190 took no time, but from 190 to 200 has takin forever. I can only imagine how long it's going to take to add another 15 lbs.

28 pounds though, that's pretty good. You say you were cut at 172, have you lost alot of definition, gained alot of fat? That's the only thing I'm concerned about, I know I'll gain some fat and lose some definition, but I don't want to balloon up.

What is the point in bulking? What benefits does it have? This is a serious question, I have know idea what it means. It sounds like skinny guys want to get fat. Is that the basics to it?

------------------
JuneBug
Limits are only mental.

it is much easier to put on muscle while bulking than it is while staying cut. yes you will put on fat but hopefully when its time to cut again you have more muscle than your started out with.

I said I was giong to cut up.........Hell no. I don't compete for a long while, so I might as well keep bulking till I reach 230 then cut down hopefully getting to about 195 cut.

------------------
Don't ever look behind at the things you have don't. Always look forward.

well, it's august 3, only the rest of this month left of beach weather really around here. And actually there hasn't been many days all summer that have been good beach days here, it's been a cool summer. I've only been swimming twice all summer, good thing I cut up for 2 days, huh?

I'll be happy when summer is over. Every year it's the same thing...I slack with the weight lifting during the summer. I don't feel guilty though. I've been playing a lot of softball and golf and doing a lot of mountain biking. I'll get back to my usual weight training in a week or two.

So to answer this thread: I'll start working on adding more mass once the end of summer is a bit closer.

see, I'm usually the opposite, I'm pretty strict in the summer, then slack off once winter hits. In a few more weeks I'll start eating lots more, I've already began slowly upping my calories, carbs, etc.. I'm pretty cut right now, about 152lbs, at 5-6% bodyfat. That's down from about 172lbs in Feb. and about 15% b.f. I want to get up to at least 175 over the winter, but hope not to get over around 12% bf.

IML Gear Cream!
Hmmm.....I've seen your pics. Maybe I should follow your plan.
vhappy.gif

I workout in the early morning. I don't know why, but I find it much easier to get up at 4:45 AM in the fall and winter than in the summer.

Originally posted by Baumer:
You say you were cut at 172, have you lost alot of definition, gained alot of fat?

I've gained probably an inch around my wasit. Yeah, I've lost my 6pack also but what the hell, I'm bulking baby. I know I can get the defenition back when I start cutting. I think I added to many calories too soon, which didn't help my definition. You know, too much to soon. Just take it slow.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do, take it slowly, each week adding more calories, carbs, etc.. I'm also not as picky about what I'm eating, and went from no cheat meals when I first started cutting up, to one a week, to 2 or 3 a week now. Plus I've been drinking a little more frequently, which isn't good I know. It's funny though, I'm definetely not as cut as I was, but I haven't gained a damn pound!

Back