• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Rear Delt Rows and Lateral Deltoids

kiko

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How much lateral deltoid involvement in Rear Delt Rows? Is it enough to stimulate growth? I'm looking for a pull exercise (DB or Barbell) that hits the lateral delts to substitute upright rows.

try face pulls.

also rear delt flys if dont correctly they are great. form is key with the rear delt fly.

How much lateral deltoid involvement in Rear Delt Rows? Is it enough to stimulate growth? I'm looking for a pull exercise (DB or Barbell) that hits the lateral delts to substitute upright rows.

Shoulders are a push muscle not a pull, bro Try military press DB or BB or DB lateral raises

Shoulders are a push muscle not a pull, bro Try military press DB or BB or DB lateral raises

shoulders are a push muscle but rear delts can be stimulated very well by the right fly, and pull exercises.

shoulders are a push muscle but rear delts can be stimulated very well by the right fly, and pull exercises.

Your right. I just wanted to make sure he knew that.

ah ok also one more thing face pulls look to be the same exercise as the rear delt row. wierd seems the only diffrence is how high you pull the cable.

Face pulls sound interesting. I might give it a try. I prefer compound exercises that can be done with either dumbbells and/or barbells though.

yeh rear delts get worked well with pulling exercises, thats why i dont really isolate them. but if i was to do a isolation exercise for them, such as rear delt flys is it best to do it on my pull day, or on my push day with the other delts.

i like to do my rear delts on my back day. since the rear delts do seem to get good stimulation from working traps, rhomboids, and the terus. i figure its best to break down my shoulders into sections to avoid over training. also to avoid injury.

IML Gear Cream!
correction back days sorry. i do two back days to fully work the diffrent parts of my back and add diffrent stimulus to the muscles.

90% of the exercises mentioned hardly stimulate the lateral delts. No need for isolation though.

if they dont get worked from those exercises and there is no need to isolate them, then how are they going to grow.

90% of the exercises mentioned hardly stimulate the lateral delts. No need for isolation though.

ya know what you are correct i miss read the question. i went of the title of the thread. sorry for the lateral delt press. for isolation side lateral raises.

i do incline db face pulls on pull day. 2 sets 15 reps for my rear delts.

is it necessary? who knows, but i do them

Oh really? You don't think shoulders are incorporated in movements like rows, pullups, etc.?

Sure about that?

actualy if you scroll up a little you can see were irons did say that shoulders can be activated by pulls.
Originally Posted by tomuchgear

Your right. I just wanted to make sure he knew that

IML Gear Cream!
shoulders are a little of both. some parts of your shoulder do respond better to push movements as opposed to pull movements. rear head respond very well to pulling, as does the middle. frontal seems to respond much better to push.

shoulder presses are so hard for me :(

shoulder presses are so hard for me :(

you may need to check your form, or reduce the weight you are doing. what problem is it that you are having with the shoulder presses?

I'm a little confused, the lateral delts are the top/side of the shoulder, and no, rear rows aren't really going to hit them, just stretch them a little.

Why do you need to substitute upright rows, seeing as how it's pretty much the ideal exercise from what you say you want? An alternative is simple side raises, where you'll lift more with one arm than two.

Are you trying to avoid working your biceps that day or something?

B.

Why do you need to substitute upright rows, seeing as how it's pretty much the ideal exercise from what you say you want? An alternative is simple side raises, where you'll lift more with one arm than two.

Are you trying to avoid working your biceps that day or something?

B.

I did upright rows for a while. The exercise just feels "unnatural" to me. For some reason I don't feel comfortable doing them. I do military presses on push day but I would like to hit the lateral delts on pull day too.

Btw, I think Rear Delt Rows work the biceps too.

dont worry elson i think a few of us got confused on this thread. upright rows dont feel natural for alot of people. check your grip, and form. you may just have to play with the weight, and grip till it feels more comfortable.

hi guys i also have a question related to shoulders, i know that behind the neck shoulder presses can can bad for the shoulders, because when you start to push the bar up it can hurt your shoulders. but what about pullups to the back of the neck, some people say its also bad for the shoulders, but im not sure because you only go into the position which can be bad for the shoulders, but you dont actually do any pushing, but can pulling your self up so your neck is in front of the bar also be bad, or do people just say it because you are in a awkward position. if they only say it because you go in a awkward position, then what about squats were the bar is behind your neck.

Are pullups with the neck to the front of the bar safe?

one more question, pushing exercises mosty work the the front delts, pulling exercises mostly work the rear delts, do the side delts get worked more in pulling exercises or pushing exercises?

kiko i hope i didnt hijack your thread, sorry.

Back